Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do Not be fooled by this win « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 15

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 28, 2009, 07:44:21 AM

This has to be one of the more bizarre threads I've read. When a 2-12 team beams a 13-1 team on the 13-1 teams' home turf, the originator considers that a step BACKWARD for the 2-12 team? Which direction do you consider FORWARD?  Sounds more like a SAINTS fan than a BUCS fan...

OldBloodandBucs

Starter

#16 : December 28, 2009, 07:59:53 AM

A slow day for threads?

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#17 : December 28, 2009, 08:32:11 AM

This has to be one of the more bizarre threads I've read. When a 2-12 team beams a 13-1 team on the 13-1 teams' home turf, the originator considers that a step BACKWARD for the 2-12 team? Which direction do you consider FORWARD?  Sounds more like a SAINTS fan than a BUCS fan...

Are you admitting that the concept of moving backwards after a win is really over your head? That you can't comprehend what the OP is saying?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 28, 2009, 08:35:48 AM

Even if the Bucs lost the game it was still a huge step forward which is something that Ludricrous speed can't begin to understand. 

Being competitive with the top NFC seed on their home turf with HFA on the line was very promising as well outproducing them offensively.  Keeping them to 17 and then winning the game was the icing on the cake.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 28, 2009, 08:41:02 AM

It sure looks to me like the staff is starting to go different directions. Biassacia (sp) is going to UT. 2 of the defensive assistants are supposedly gone. Nunn and one other guy from something I heard yesterday. My thoughts are that RM already has the word he's out of here. These wins could get him another shot down the line so I don't regret them as some do. Even if we beat Atlanta I don't think Morris stays.  

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 28, 2009, 08:52:10 AM

The Bucs did not take a step forward today.  They took a step backward and did a disservice to their fans by creating an impression that some will believe to be a light way down at the end of that dark tunnel.  Their path veers backward because if enough people are mislead by a seemingly good outcome of today�s game, the less pressure there will be to throw off the chains of a dysfunctional and inept coaching staff / front office.

Pressure has been mounting before Morris took the position as the fans have been apathetic towards the team for some time.

It�s amazing to see how much giddiness has been running rampant as a result of today�s win.  I suppose the feelings of endless desperation this team has inspired in many causes them to latch onto any aberration that may lead them to believe that they are once again back on the yellow brick road. 

It is running rampant because of the frustrations that happened last December?  Should I remind you this team collapsed last December when the vets ran out of gas?  Now the Bucs are winning football games with young football players on the road in December.  I reserve the right to be as giddy as I want with that change in fortunes for my football team.  From consistent mediocrity there is a ray of hope now at least regardless if Morris is here or not in 2010.

It was just two weeks ago that the Bucs played one of the worst games in their entire history � and that�s saying a lot!  Not only had the Bucs returned to being a national punch line, but you had the analysts who broadcast the games revealing the Chinese Fire Drill style of coaching, leadership and practicing.  Of course we already had a pretty good idea of these goings on locally, having experienced them through the season.

The Bucs played arguably their best performance this week in franchise history with the exception of post season play.  The Bucs staff outcoached the Saints staff, and for some that is a tough pill to swallow.  Second half adjustments is clear evidence that there is a difference with the way the team is competing now.

But all it took to lead many to believe that perhaps those running things at One Buc Place perhaps were wearing clothes after all, was to win a game against a really bad Seahawks team (by the way, how�d THEY fare today � oh, yeah � got the snot beat out of them 48-10), and to win an anomaly today against the Saints.  This was a game where the Bucs� offense scored TEN points in 60 minutes of regulation play.  But then at the end we were able to tie on a single play by the unit led neither by Olson nor Morris, but by a coach who may not even be here after this season, when the Saints� special teams� coverage broke down.  Still, the Saints were able to push our defense right back down the field like teams have in so many other games this season.  Don�t get me wrong � I give Morris credit for what he�s done with the defense for the most part against all those backup quarterbacks he�s faced since he�s taken over � Defensive Coordinator is what Morris should rightfully be at this stage of his career.  Nevertheless, his defense got pushed down the field and we should have lost the game if not for a fluke by their kicker.  It was only his first career miss inside of fifty yards and he was 21 out of 21 up until that point.  Let�s face it:  37 yards is pretty much a gimme for any NFL kicker who�s not on his way out of the league.

So let�s be honest.  Would so many be fawning over Morris & Olson if he had made a kick that he�s made 95% of the time so far?  Does a win against a hapless Seahawks team a week earlier make you forget all about the disgrace surrounding the Jets debacle the week before that?  It surely shouldn�t if you take this lucky, lucky avoidance of loss out of the equation.   

Jets game was in the past, and they learned from the mistakes against the Saints game 1.  Learning from mistakes is a HUGE step forward as knowledge is not innate but acquired.  Furthermore Morris is delivering on what he promised and that is avoiding another December collapse and the team is still playing hard.  That is delivering on two fronts for a rebuilding team.

That wasn't an anomaly but a true test of the grit of the football squad which can never be taken away from them.  They will remember that moment for all their lives because it so rare to have it done in NFL history.  That is right they made NFL history by beating a top NFC seed on their home turf.  Watching Carnell Williams give his all and his heavy breathing could have been heard on that TD run speaks volumes of what this team was able to do.  What they did left everyone silent and breatheless.

Why?  Because it was an uncanny performance you may not see for many years or even decades ever again.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 28, 2009, 09:27:05 AM

I'm just a fan who enjoys seeing progress and winning a football game on Sunday.
I saw both yesterday and will have to side with those who see these as positives.

I wonder if anyone paying for a ticket will actually root to lose next Sunday so we get a higher draft pick or that our young HC is more likely to get fired in their eyes (he won't be anyway)? Thankfully, I seriously doubt it.

Just a damn good fan looking forward to the future................

Two weeks ago when we were actually in contention for the first overall pick then I'd say that there were plenty of those who wanted to see us get that pick.. But I dont see how losing and getting #3 instead of #5(dont know the specifics, just an example) outweighs winning..

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 28, 2009, 09:36:20 AM

The glimmer of hope that yesterday's comeback brings hopefully won't give the Glazers thoughts of holding on to the current regime a day past January 3rd.

Did anyone forget the first half where Saints running backs were running ad lib, the Buc's defense couldn't tackle for #$it, where Saint WRs burned them down the middle, typical of our defensive backfield all season long.

Bucs were fortunate for a couple of freak plays (PR for TD, missed game winning chip-shot by the Saints).

If the Glazers don't make a change, we'll be in for another season of misdirected, mistake ridden football by the Bucs.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 28, 2009, 09:38:50 AM

The glimmer of hope that yesterday's comeback brings hopefully won't give the Glazers thoughts of holding on to the current regime a day past January 3rd.

Did anyone forget the first half where Saints running backs were running ad lib, the Buc's defense couldn't tackle for #$it, where Saint WRs burned them down the middle, typical of our defensive backfield all season long.

Bucs were fortunate for a couple of freak plays (PR for TD, missed game winning chip-shot by the Saints).

If the Glazers don't make a change, we'll be in for another season of misdirected, mistake ridden football by the Bucs.

Second half adjustments can't be overlooked, and the Bucs will have an off season to upgrade their personnel. 

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 28, 2009, 09:43:22 AM

The Bucs did not take a step forward today. They took a step backward and did a disservice to their fans by creating an impression that some will believe to be a light way down at the end of that dark tunnel. Their path veers backward because if enough people are mislead by a seemingly good outcome of today’s game, the less pressure there will be to throw off the chains of a dysfunctional and inept coaching staff / front office.

It’s amazing to see how much giddiness has been running rampant as a result of today’s win. I suppose the feelings of endless desperation this team has inspired in many causes them to latch onto any aberration that may lead them to believe that they are once again back on the yellow brick road.

It was just two weeks ago that the Bucs played one of the worst games in their entire history – and that’s saying a lot! Not only had the Bucs returned to being a national punch line, but you had the analysts who broadcast the games revealing the Chinese Fire Drill style of coaching, leadership and practicing. Of course we already had a pretty good idea of these goings on locally, having experienced them through the season.

But all it took to lead many to believe that perhaps those running things at One Buc Place perhaps were wearing clothes after all, was to win a game against a really bad Seahawks team (by the way, how’d THEY fare today – oh, yeah – got the snot beat out of them 48-10), and to win an anomaly today against the Saints. This was a game where the Bucs’ offense scored TEN points in 60 minutes of regulation play. But then at the end we were able to tie on a single play by the unit led neither by Olson nor Morris, but by a coach who may not even be here after this season, when the Saints’ special teams’ coverage broke down. Still, the Saints were able to push our defense right back down the field like teams have in so many other games this season. Don’t get me wrong – I give Morris credit for what he’s done with the defense for the most part against all those backup quarterbacks he’s faced since he’s taken over – Defensive Coordinator is what Morris should rightfully be at this stage of his career. Nevertheless, his defense got pushed down the field and we should have lost the game if not for a fluke by their kicker. It was only his first career miss inside of fifty yards and he was 21 out of 21 up until that point. Let’s face it: 37 yards is pretty much a gimme for any NFL kicker who’s not on his way out of the league.

So let’s be honest. Would so many be fawning over Morris & Olson if he had made a kick that he’s made 95% of the time so far? Does a win against a hapless Seahawks team a week earlier make you forget all about the disgrace surrounding the Jets debacle the week before that? It surely shouldn’t if you take this lucky, lucky avoidance of loss out of the equation.

Oh, shut up.  Quit over analyizng the situation.  The Bucs were well coached and the players for the most part executed the well put together game plan.  The halftime adjustments by Morris and company really showed. 

Yes, if the Saints had made that kick, I would still feel this way.  In fact, when they were driving, I thought to myself that even if we lost, I was impressed by how well we hung in there vs such superior talent on both sides of the ball. 

Another thing to consider---If Freeman connects on that pass to Bryant on the endzone, the kick wouldn't have mattered anyway.  And on 3rd and 22, where Freeman throws the pick, Winslow was wide open in the zone.  The OC called a helluva game, and the DC kept the team alive by holding the most prolific offense in the NFL to 17 points. 

What the hell more can you ask for from a team of essentially scrub players?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 28, 2009, 09:44:50 AM

2nd half adjustment couldn't get that first down on 4th and inches. What was that all about? No QB sneak?

2nd half adjustment didn't cause the Saint's kicker to miss that 37 yd chip shot.

Not sure if the 2nd half adjustment caused the NFL ref to shield Spurlock from being tackled on his TD return.

Glimmer of hope; don't be fooled by the win.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 28, 2009, 09:48:03 AM

The Bucs did not take a step forward today. 

See.. You cant open up your thread with total horse crap and expect people to read the rest of your post..

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 28, 2009, 09:49:16 AM

I am with ya.

This team still suks a bag of turdy rocks.

So the team didnt take a step forward Boid?

Your right.. You are so much more of an informed fan than me.. ::) LOL your posts are actually getting fun for me to just follow and make fun of, they are getting that silly.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#28 : December 28, 2009, 09:54:53 AM

I am with ya.

This team still suks a bag of turdy rocks.

So the team didnt take a step forward Boid?

Your right.. You are so much more of an informed fan than me.. ::) LOL your posts are actually getting fun for me to just follow and make fun of, they are getting that silly.
You are following me indeed, and if you think this 3 win squad is impressing me you are wrong.

One step forward?  We'll see.  They mashed the ball on the Saints, so I suppose Olson finally pulled his head out of his anus and stuck with one thing.  So that is some improvement on his part.  To be able to discern when something is working and sticking with it is indeed an improvement...too bad though.  This season is over.

I am proud of Carnell and Spurlock in the last game.  Spurlock, a guy signed off the street gave the Bucs a chance.  But Bisaccia has been doing a bang up job for the Bucs, and he is out.  Carnell has two plastic knees and he was truckin fools.  Loved how he took a heaping, stinking pile of  crow and rammed it down my throat.  LOVE IT.  Between Cowher and Raheem, I will roll with Cowher all day long.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 28, 2009, 09:55:39 AM

You are judging the entire season based on two games...a Seattle team that is in complete collapse (look at their score yesturday) and a Saints team that is in a funk and we caught off guard.

Do you not even consider that pathetic showing against the Jets anymore? Do we not consider the thumping the Saints put on us a month ago? Why is that all now suddenly irrelevent?

What would we be doing right now if Spurlock tripped and didnt get that touchdown? What if Barth missed that field goal? Is those two plays the difference between Morris staying and being fired? Seriously?
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do Not be fooled by this win « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools