Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do Not be fooled by this win « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 13 14 15

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#210 : December 29, 2009, 04:28:37 PM

Steve Young and Aaron Rodgers were watching and waiting behind Hall of Famers. Freeman wasn't.

That's true, but I think the idea of maturing and learning a system and the NFL game in general is the key.  Not necessarily who you are watching out there.

I would agree, if there was a decent of option to play in front of Freeman.  But I don't want Freeman to watch Byron Leftwich or Jeff Garcia.  He might as well learn in the fire after sitting for half a season.

However much Morris screwed up the QB situation with McCown/Leftwich, I think he sat Freeman the correct amount and starting him after the Bye will be better for Freeman (and maybe the Bucs) in the long run.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#211 : December 29, 2009, 05:20:36 PM

One question: why do people assume Cowher is going to be some elixir for this franchise? We have very little talent + he had some bad years in Pittsburgh, only difference is he had good ownership and a loyal fanbase, two things Tampa lacks. He's a good coach and everything, but there's no guarantees.

ranman

Pro Bowler
#212 : December 29, 2009, 05:23:28 PM

The same sack Gru crowd are coming out in full force against Raheem.  Whatever....

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#213 : December 29, 2009, 05:26:18 PM

Steve Young and Aaron Rodgers were watching and waiting behind Hall of Famers. Freeman wasn't.

That's true, but I think the idea of maturing and learning a system and the NFL game in general is the key. Not necessarily who you are watching out there.

I would agree, if there was a decent of option to play in front of Freeman. But I don't want Freeman to watch Byron Leftwich or Jeff Garcia. He might as well learn in the fire after sitting for half a season.

However much Morris screwed up the QB situation with McCown/Leftwich, I think he sat Freeman the correct amount and starting him after the Bye will be better for Freeman (and maybe the Bucs) in the long run.

I don't disagree with that.  The only problem that could have arisen was if he developed some bad habit sor what not.  I haven't seen that.  I think Olsen has been good with Freeman whether he's done a good job of calling plays or not.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#214 : December 29, 2009, 05:28:50 PM

One question: why do people assume Cowher is going to be some elixir for this franchise? We have very little talent + he had some bad years in Pittsburgh, only difference is he had good ownership and a loyal fanbase, two things Tampa lacks. He's a good coach and everything, but there's no guarantees.

There is no magic elixir, but I think he's a much better head coach.   I disagree about the talent especially with the upcoming draft picks.  I also think that IF he (or other experienced HCs) was brought here, he would be given the tools necessary (i.e. spending $$$) by this ownership.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#215 : December 29, 2009, 05:34:43 PM

There is no magic elixir, but I think he's a much better head coach. I disagree about the talent especially with the upcoming draft picks. I also think that IF he (or other experienced HCs) was brought here, he would be given the tools necessary (i.e. spending $$$) by this ownership.
Okay, but isn't it unreasonable for the Glazers and fans to expect success if Raheem was not given the same resources?

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

#216 : December 29, 2009, 06:32:21 PM

There is no magic elixir, but I think he's a much better head coach. I disagree about the talent especially with the upcoming draft picks. I also think that IF he (or other experienced HCs) was brought here, he would be given the tools necessary (i.e. spending $$$) by this ownership.
Okay, but isn't it unreasonable for the Glazers and fans to expect success if Raheem was not given the same resources?

Morris took the job knowing the circumstances and what type of people the Glazers are

MBF

Hall of Famer

#217 : December 29, 2009, 06:35:12 PM

You might wanna read page 4 of this thread, Inland.

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

#218 : December 29, 2009, 06:57:37 PM

Yeah, I have a few comments on that page...And it's suggested that Morris didn't have full disclosure and implied Morris was clueless or not prepared for an interview as a HC, basically didn't know what to ask or expect of the job...is that how you do your interviews? Do you not do homework regarding the position you're being interviewed for? So Morris didn't prepare or know or have an idea of what the Glazers wanted from him as a head coach?  If that is true then again that is on Morris...but I'm pretty sure that Morris was prepared and based on his past experiences in dealing with and working under the Glazers he knew full well what he was in for.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#219 : December 29, 2009, 07:15:16 PM

Yeah, I have a few comments on that page...And it's suggested that Morris didn't have full disclosure and implied Morris was clueless or not prepared for an interview as a HC, basically didn't know what to ask or expect of the job...is that how you do your interviews? Do you not do homework regarding the position you're being interviewed for? So Morris didn't prepare or know or have an idea of what the Glazers wanted from him as a head coach? If that is true then again that is on Morris...but I'm pretty sure that Morris was prepared and based on his past experiences in dealing with and working under the Glazers he knew full well what he was in for.

bingo

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#220 : December 29, 2009, 07:17:32 PM

This year was part of the set up for future sucess.  get a "franchise" QB (we hope), give young players chance to grow, get some new young pieces of the foundation through the drafts in  2009 and 2010 .... turn the reigns over to a HC ready to take us back to the playoffs whether that is Morris, Cowher, or someone else.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#221 : December 29, 2009, 07:31:34 PM

If it's a long-term plan then why do people want Raheem fired? The young QB is growing, as is the young talent on D. People just need to be patient, we do some good things in this draft and FA and we could compete next year.

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

#222 : December 29, 2009, 07:37:15 PM

If it's a long-term plan then why do people want Raheem fired? The young QB is growing, as is the young talent on D. People just need to be patient, we do some good things in this draft and FA and we could compete next year.

IMO, Morris has demonstrated that his lack of experience as a Head Coach is not a good long or short term plan. Yes, I like him and I don't blame him for everything that happened but the Glazers need to correct all of the mistakes they made and put together a better plan....the last two were very poor and not completely thought out.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#223 : December 29, 2009, 07:56:07 PM

I don't think he belonged the HC to begin with.  I think you could have built without the disaster of the season we've had to put up with.   I agree we could compete next year.  Not sure Morris is the one to make that happen though.  The mistakes at each coordinator was corrected midstream.  Why not the mistake at HC?

#224 : December 29, 2009, 09:42:39 PM

This Ludicrous Speed cat is a genius.  Seriously.

I haven't seen a thread with this much leg in a long time.
Page: 1 ... 13 14 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do Not be fooled by this win « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools