Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do Not be fooled by this win « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#30 : December 28, 2009, 10:48:53 AM

Progress has been made with this football team down the stretch. Only haters would refuse to see that.

The issue is will it be enough to secure another season for Morris?

Personally, I think the ball has already started rolling on Cowher. I don't think the Glazer boys are letting ANYONE know this time around because of the Bill Parcells fiasco. Probably someone in the Cowher camp spilled the beans or we wouldn't even know what we know and it may be why our folks at PR and our resident spies DTG and Talib haven't heard anything either.

Of course, I'm just speculating here...who knows what the real deal is.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 28, 2009, 10:51:42 AM

I am with ya.

This team still suks a bag of turdy rocks.

So the team didnt take a step forward Boid?

Your right.. You are so much more of an informed fan than me.. ::) LOL your posts are actually getting fun for me to just follow and make fun of, they are getting that silly.
You are following me indeed, and if you think this 3 win squad is impressing me you are wrong.

One step forward?  We'll see.  They mashed the ball on the Saints, so I suppose Olson finally pulled his head out of his anus and stuck with one thing.  So that is some improvement on his part.  To be able to discern when something is working and sticking with it is indeed an improvement...too bad though.  This season is over.

I am proud of Carnell and Spurlock in the last game.  Spurlock, a guy signed off the street gave the Bucs a chance.  But Bisaccia has been doing a bang up job for the Bucs, and he is out.  Carnell has two plastic knees and he was truckin fools.  Loved how he took a heaping, stinking pile of  crow and rammed it down my throat.  LOVE IT.  Between Cowher and Raheem, I will roll with Cowher all day long.

Decent post.. Thats all I want from you Boid.. Information..
no one wants to see the whiny one-liners..

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

Orangegone1

Starter

#32 : December 28, 2009, 10:56:36 AM

I predicted the Buc's to be 1-15 this year. I thought they would give up more rushing yards than any team in NFL history(playing Panthers twice and Falcolns twice). They didn't improve their personel from the end of last years fiasco. I thought the key to the losing season would be how they finished and how some young guys progress-Freeman, Hayes, Black, Talib, and Sabby, and Miller especially. They are improving and just need some more talent. I think the last 2 games have been a big step forward. I think the Jets game exposed a young QB and a OL in transition in blocking patterns to a very difficult to read 3-4 defense. Hopefully they learn from that.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 28, 2009, 11:01:55 AM

Personally, I think the ball has already started rolling on Cowher. I don't think the Glazer boys are letting ANYONE know this time around because of the Bill Parcells fiasco. Probably someone in the Cowher camp spilled the beans or we wouldn't even know what we know and it may be why our folks at PR and our resident spies DTG and Talib haven't heard anything either.

The only thing I've heard offline about Cowher came from Cowher's side of the fence, saying that he hasn't been in contact with the Bucs and out of respect for current coaches he won't entertain any discussions about non-vacant positions during the season.

#34 : December 28, 2009, 11:06:05 AM

Do Not be fooled by this Thread...

(couldn't resist...)

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#35 : December 28, 2009, 11:08:52 AM

The only thing I've heard offline about Cowher came from Cowher's side of the fence, saying that he hasn't been in contact with the Bucs and out of respect for current coaches he won't entertain any discussions about non-vacant positions during the season.

hmmm...now that's interesting. However, you know how the Glazers work better than anyone. Is this not eerily similar to the Parcells situation with coach Dungy eight years ago?

Denials across the board until boom - Dungy's packing boxes in the rain and the Glazers are waiting with baited breath for the Tuna's arrival that never came...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#36 : December 28, 2009, 11:11:03 AM

So by Cowher not entering into discussion, you say the Glazers have indeed reached out to Cowher?  Otherwise, how would they know Cowher is not talking?

It sounds like the Glazers sent feelers out, and indeed are gauging interest from Cowher.   Or at least, making it known they are interested...

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 28, 2009, 11:12:33 AM

hmmm...now that's interesting. However, you know how the Glazers work better than anyone. Is this not eerily similar to the Parcells situation with coach Dungy eight years ago?

Denials across the board until boom - Dungy's packing boxes in the rain and the Glazers are waiting with baited breath for the Tuna's arrival that never came...

Naw, Cowher's denial is hardly worth noting. It's standard, boilerplate stuff. It really means nothing as far as what is actually happening, but it is indeed the only thing I've "heard" that wasn't speculated in the news.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 28, 2009, 11:14:34 AM

It sounds like the Glazers sent feelers out, and indeed are gauging interest from Cowher.   Or at least, making it known they are interested...

I think that's probably what's going on, Boid. I can't say for sure, because I've heard absolultey nothing from the Bucs' side of this. It could be that they're being a lot more cautious in light of the Parcells muck up...

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 28, 2009, 11:17:09 AM

Cowher Power!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#40 : December 28, 2009, 11:17:14 AM

It sounds like the Glazers sent feelers out, and indeed are gauging interest from Cowher. Or at least, making it known they are interested...

I think that's probably what's going on, Boid. I can't say for sure, because I've heard absolultey nothing from the Bucs' side of this. It could be that they're being a lot more cautious in light of the Parcells muck up...

Now this I can buy into.  The Bucs have reason to be cautious, and Cowher does not want to step on any toes.  But the word is swirling, and that is significant.  Raheem knows about it, the players know about it...gonna be odd the next few weeks.  Raheem has to be affected to some extent.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 28, 2009, 11:20:26 AM

Did anyone forget the first half where Saints running backs were running ad lib, the Buc's defense couldn't tackle for #$it, where Saint WRs burned them down the middle, typical of our defensive backfield all season long.

LOL. Have you watched any Saints games this year? They've destroyed lots of teams this year. And we held them to 17 points at home. You are clueless if you don't see how impressive that is.

Bucs were fortunate for a couple of freak plays (PR for TD, missed game winning chip-shot by the Saints).

I guess the Saints (and every other team that had a KO return or Punt return for a TD and/or won a game because of a missed FG) were fortunate, too, when the Skins kicker missed a gimme a few weeks ago. I guess the Bucs were fortunate that Olson implemented a new play specifically for this NO defense and it enabled Caddy to run in for a nice TD. What luck!

Where's Tim Brown when you need him?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#42 : December 28, 2009, 11:21:55 AM

Joe, you failed to note how poorly the Saints HAVE been playing the last few weeks.  EVERYONE who watches football understands this.  Theyhave looked bad the last few weeks.  Barely beating the Redskins, getting beat by Dallas...losing to the Bucs.  They have been downward spiraling for a while.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#43 : December 28, 2009, 11:26:40 AM

I can't believe people hate Rah soooo much that they would belittle a HUGE win like this.  Down in the game to a 13-1 team, on the road for a second week in a row?  But some got nothing but sour grapes?  I don't get hat...I can't wrap my mind around how you can't give the guy his props for at least one game.  Should be two.  A win in the league is so hard to come by.  So when your team has limited to no success on the Left cooast what do we do?  We denigrate the other team worst to make our win seem worthless...Some fans....

Then they give you and encore, on the road, against one of the best teams in football and the backhand "lucky" compliments come out again...When there should be nothing short of joy in Mudville if not for one day. Some of you guys are a piece of work.  

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#44 : December 28, 2009, 11:27:34 AM

Joe, you failed to note how poorly the Saints HAVE been playing the last few weeks.  EVERYONE who watches football understands this.  Theyhave looked bad the last few weeks.  Barely beating the Redskins, getting beat by Dallas...losing to the Bucs.  They have been downward spiraling for a while.

Save it. Anybody that follows football knows how impressive that win was yesterday. You have consistently made blanket statements about Olson sucking. And for the most part you have been right. But yesterday, he called a fine game minus the refusal to sneak Freeman. And the D shut down the Saints who had an extra day to prepare and who were a 14 point favorite. And in the dome, no less!

Great win and I enjoyed every minute of that comeback. Great job by Rah making the adjustments at half.

Does that mean you don't look at Cowher if he's interested? Of course not. But anybody trying to diminish yesterday's gritty/gutty performance should be embarrassed and realize that they have an agenda and can't give unbiased views about this team.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do Not be fooled by this win « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools