Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Peter Warrick Ready for Call from Tampa Bay « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BUCarino

Pro Bowler

#15 : October 23, 2007, 01:43:29 PM

I would like to see them sign Doug Gabriel as I know they gave him a workout last week.  He knows Grudens offense playing for the Raiders and he's got good size at 6'3" and 225 lbs.  We need someone who can block downfield as that's what we will miss the most with the loss of Clayton!

I haven't anything about the status of TE, Alex Smith?

"Life's too short not to live in caution,
But life's too long not to live at all!"

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 23, 2007, 01:36:14 PM

He'd probably get paid the same as he did when he was a Seminole....

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

replica

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 23, 2007, 01:38:50 PM

An Inside source told me that the Buccaneers did attempt to call Warrick but the call was dropped.
OUCH!! Good One!!

#18 : October 23, 2007, 01:20:01 PM

yes, yes, yes   I would welcome Warrick on the team...   he adds speed and experience...   and Im all for another FSU player on the Bucs... 

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 23, 2007, 01:13:48 PM

The last time I heard it was when he came out of Florida with the Giants.  Give him a call and straighten him out, Illuminator:

Roger Mooney, sports writer, can be reached at 745-7080, ext. 2112.

#20 : October 23, 2007, 01:11:20 PM

The Bucs aren't searching for a game-breaking receiver. They already have those in Joey Galloway and Ike Hilliard.

Haven't heard Ike Hilliard referred to as a "game-breaking receiver" in quite some time.

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 23, 2007, 01:03:58 PM

I love the idea love it

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 23, 2007, 01:07:19 PM

Edel Shepard is available.  

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 23, 2007, 01:00:23 PM

Now, that's funny.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 23, 2007, 12:57:20 PM

An Inside source told me that the Buccaneers did attempt to call Warrick but the call was dropped.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 23, 2007, 12:51:45 PM

Why not give him a call?[/i]

(raises hand)

"Because he stinks."

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 23, 2007, 12:49:41 PM

With Clayton's injury being a high ankle sprain and he being expected
to be out 'til the bye, it looks like we're desperate for a body. Is this
it? Where's Bryant?

Anybody have bail money for Boston?

http://www.bradenton.com/roger_mooney/story/178798.html

Warrick ready for call from Tampa Bay
By ROGER MOONEY
rmooney@bradenton.com

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers need receivers.

Peter Warrick wants to catch passes.

Call him.

"I'm so ready," Warrick said Monday.

The Bucs need a punt returner.

Warrick can return punts.

Call him.

"I wish they would," Warrick said.

The Bucs have issues. Mostly, they have injuries and the bug which has been going through the offense like a cold through a second-grade classroom bit the receiving corps Sunday in Detroit.

Michael Clayton hurt his right ankle. The extent of the injury won't be released until Wednesday.

He could miss one game. He could miss the season.

The way things are falling for this team, they will consider it an act of good fortune if Clayton misses one game. If he plays Sunday against the Jacksonville Jaguars? Whoa, a miracle.

Mark Jones won't be so fortunate. The injury to his left knee will cost him the season.

There goes the Bucs' punt and kick returner, not to mention some depth at receiver.

"Depth is an issue," Bucs coach Jon Gruden said Monday.

There are three receivers on the practice squad - Taye Biddle, Chad Lucas and Michael Spurlock. Gruden said the team will look outside the organization for some help.

I see a guy with seven years of NFL experience with his hand up.

Good, old Peter Warrick from good, old Bradenton.

Why not give him a call?

OK, he's 30 and his last game was the 2006 Super Bowl when he played for the Seattle Seahawks, but Warrick deserves at least a look.

He had some decent seasons with the Cincinnati Bengals a few years back, and let's face it, that was tough to do in Cincinnati early in the decade.

If anything, Warrick can return punts, which was one of his specialties when he played at Southeast High and at Florida State.

In 2003 he returned 25 punts for the Bengals and averaged 10.92 yards a return. He returned one for a touchdown.

Bucs special teams coach Rich Bisaccia said the idea behind a punt return is to get at least 10 yards, so there you go.

Warrick could return punts while learning the intricacies of the Bucs offense, which apparently, is pretty intricate. He does have NFL experience, though, and isn't that what Gruden craves?

Isn't that why the Bucs just signed 34-year-old running back Zack Crockett?

The Bucs aren't searching for a game-breaking receiver. They already have those in Joey Galloway and Ike Hilliard. What the Bucs need is a capable body to add some depth and someone who can return kicks.

Warrick can be both.

He's available. He rested. And he's so ready.

Won't hurt to make the call.

Roger Mooney, sports writer, can be reached at 745-7080, ext. 2112.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Peter Warrick Ready for Call from Tampa Bay « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools