Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs looking at Steinbach as LOT? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

: March 02, 2007, 10:00:23 AM

I don't like this move. Buenning may still be hurt, but it's not going to last forvever and he's one of the few young assets this team has. There's no reason to pay someone big bucks to play LT who has never played LT to have him take Buenning's spot.

Steinbach has played LT but we do not know if he can do it longterm.

Also in my opinion Steinbach would be replacing Wade at center if Buenning returns.  But becuase of Steinbach's versaitility he can play guard or tackle as well. 

That's a lot of money for a center

Shag

Pro Bowler

#1 : March 02, 2007, 09:58:03 AM

Also in my opinion Steinbach would be replacing Wade at center if Buenning returns.  But becuase of Steinbach's versaitility he can play guard or tackle as well.  

Good idea. Keep him on the inside because he would need coaching to be a LT.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 02, 2007, 09:53:31 AM

I don't like this move. Buenning may still be hurt, but it's not going to last forvever and he's one of the few young assets this team has. There's no reason to pay someone big bucks to play LT who has never played LT to have him take Buenning's spot.

Steinbach has played LT but we do not know if he can do it longterm.

Also in my opinion Steinbach would be replacing Wade at center if Buenning returns.  But becuase of Steinbach's versaitility he can play guard or tackle as well.  

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 02, 2007, 09:48:37 AM

Or it maight just be leverage...  Could be a carrot that they are dangling to keep him from signing with the Browns today before he visits OBP.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 02, 2007, 09:42:34 AM

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 02, 2007, 09:24:18 AM

You figure if we sign Stein you try him at LOT, if it doesn't work out then he can still play LOG so why not give him a looksie.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

PewterReportJF

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 02, 2007, 01:52:36 AM

Here is a link to our story. Steinbach is scheduled to visit the Bucs on Saturday.

http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/view/2866

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

#7 : March 02, 2007, 10:09:08 AM

That's a lot of money for a center

It wouldn't be that much more than Bentley's contract from last year six years at $36 million, and includes $12.5 million in guarantees.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 02, 2007, 08:41:11 AM

Steinbach would be huge, but then you have the dilema of playing him at LG or LT .. And what do we do with Luke Petigot??? Because Trueblood is going to be the RT..

From the article Dan Beunning might not be ready, come training camp..

If the Bucs sign both Steinbach and Petitgout then drafting Joe Thomas is less likely.

LVBUC

Practice Squad

#9 : March 02, 2007, 09:16:19 AM

I suggested playing Stien at LT because of the money he is going to want.  If we sign Petitgout then stien can play center or Luke could play guard.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 02, 2007, 02:21:57 AM

Steinbach would be huge, but then you have the dilema of playing him at LG or LT .. And what do we do with Luke Petigot??? Because Trueblood is going to be the RT..

From the article Dan Beunning might not be ready, come training camp..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 02, 2007, 12:47:27 AM

From PFT:

STEINBACH TO VISIT BROWNS

Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that free-agent offensive lineman will fly from Chicago to Cleveland on Friday, weather permitting.

We heard on Thursday night that Steinbach already has a verbal deal with the Browns.

Cabot reports that the Seahawks are also interested, and that another NFC team wants to bring him in as a left tackle (our wild-ass, sleep-deprived guess is that it's either the Giants or the Bucs).

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#12 : March 02, 2007, 12:52:08 AM

Has he ever played LT?

psymun

Starter
#13 : March 02, 2007, 12:53:01 AM

He has played LT in a pinch...

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#14 : March 02, 2007, 12:54:29 AM

Well he would be expensive, but he is pretty good

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs looking at Steinbach as LOT? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools