Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offical Thread: Make a Bet on McFarland @ Indy.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
« : October 18, 2006, 09:15:39 AM »

Do you think McFarland will become transformed by Dungy to become the Sapp like performer he was drafted to be or will he continue his low performance and be a bust for them...or somewhere in the middle?

I think rest of this year he'll be somewhere in the middle and then a bust thereafter probably due to an injury.  I don't think his conditioning is all that all could be.

What do you think?  Sound off! :o ;D :D

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

« #1 : October 18, 2006, 09:19:00 AM »

I really think he has little left. I wathed him handled 1on1 through the first 4 games. He may make a splash his first game or 2 then a non factor as he was here.

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

« #2 : October 18, 2006, 09:19:25 AM »

he will do the same thing he did here..............

nothing!

rowdie

Hall of Famer

« #3 : October 18, 2006, 09:38:20 AM »

No chance Booger becomes Sapp. That said, if he smells SuperBowl he could definately up his effort.  It's clearly becoming Panic time in Dungy Camp. You think a second for booger was high, wait to you see what they'll be willing to give up for the next guy that's going to put them over. Next thing you know they'll be doubling up first round picks to get one guy.  Shoot... maybe we can get a first and a second for Rice next year!

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #4 : October 18, 2006, 09:40:27 AM »

I think he might have a big game or two early just because he's going to try to show them what he can do.  Before long though, he'll be back to his old tricks.  

psymun

Starter
« #5 : October 18, 2006, 09:53:47 AM »

Yah... I think he'll have extra motivation to do well, and have a good game or 2... like leeroy said... but afterwards, he'll trail back off and/or get injured... Next year, teamed with Simon, he'll do well against the run... and they will create a good combo. I think McFarland could do well as the #2/Nose tackle... as long as he has someone to draw attention away from him.

Ellis Wyms will have more sacks between now and the end of the year...

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #6 : October 18, 2006, 09:55:31 AM »

I really think he has little left.

He should have a lot left because he didn’t use much of what ever he had in Tampa.   :P

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #7 : October 18, 2006, 10:22:03 AM »

I honestly think he will do exactly what they traded for him to do:  help improve their run D.  If he helps shave 25-35 yards per game off their allowed rush average, I think they will be happy.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #8 : October 18, 2006, 10:55:28 AM »

He will be a dud, he simply doesn't have it.  If anything, I think he will get hurt before the weather gets too cold...LOL!

Booger will wind up with about 17 tackles.  Maybe 1 sack if he is lucky.

HereComesDaBoom

Practice Squad
« #9 : October 18, 2006, 11:18:36 AM »

He will make some plays, hurt his hammy and go golfing on the weekends. He may show up if they get to the playoffs.

bOOm

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

« #10 : October 18, 2006, 12:49:00 PM »

I went on the colts boards and tried to tell them not to get all excited.
Then they say we are bad people cause we call him booger!
Hello that was his nick name long before he cam here!They think they have a guy with a young  sapp motor.Tried to tell them he never had a motor pierod!
Warned them that he would rather be playing golf.They say great there is good golfing in hawaii!
So some how he went from a scrub to a probowler !

BucsFan1976

Practice Squad
« #11 : October 18, 2006, 12:55:07 PM »

I think he will start out strong for a few games, the fans in Indy will get hyped up about him, then he will get comfortable and go back to his usual unimpressive self.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

« #12 : October 18, 2006, 01:06:52 PM »

He will do alright for a while and then flame out if they have him at UT. If they have him at NT he will probably be impressive.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #13 : October 18, 2006, 01:13:02 PM »

Agree with BucsFan. He'll give an all-out effort in the first couple of games while the scrutiny is high, then he'll regress back to his usual self. Be interesting to see what happens when the playoffs start whether he gets shut down again or rises to the occasion. My guess is he won't raise his game in the playoffs and will get manhandled and become invinsible for the defense.

Orangegone1

Starter

« #14 : October 18, 2006, 01:26:09 PM »

You would think he would give an all-out effort for his new team. But you thought his effort going back to Lousiana to play the Saints would have been all out. All he had were zeros in all categories. Maybe the change of scenery will help. I hate rooting against the Colts because I do like Dungy. But the higher draft pick is more important. I hope they go on a losing streak.
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offical Thread: Make a Bet on McFarland @ Indy.... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools