Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: People leaving the game early « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#60 : October 17, 2006, 09:39:33 AM

One reason people might be leaving early is to beat the rush at Mons.....would that be an acceptable excuse Java.  ?

You'd think that would be a good excuse.   But even I don't do that, so there must be some flaw with that reasoning.

Bucs Bowl

Starter

#61 : October 17, 2006, 03:53:54 PM

Hey man I not here to bash just telling the truth. A lot of people in the upper levels headed out with 4 minutes left in the game. Maybe that didn't happen where you were and that's great but I have a bunch of sissys in my section and it blows to have people bail when we are one score down! I am not saying the whole stadium was half empty as some said here and yes it was still loud. But the same damn thing occured last year with the skins games. A lot of people left! Yes it's true!!!

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#62 : October 17, 2006, 03:58:14 PM

It's no secret that Bucs fans at games are lackluster at best.  I have sat in 3 different sections this year and in EVERY section I have some ass clowns yelling at me to sit down because I am standing up and cheering.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#63 : October 17, 2006, 06:45:51 PM

From TMQ:
Big Gamble That Worked No. 1: Leading 14-13 over Cincinnati with 18 ticks remaining, Tampa had the Bengals facing a second-and-10 on their 47, still holding two timeouts. The Bucs took a crazy risk by blitzing seven men, and the result was a sack that, for all intent and purpose, sealed the game. Acoustics note: Trailing 13-7 at home and winless on the year, Tampa went for everything on fourth-and-3 from the Cincinnati 8-yard line with 43 seconds remaining, and officials on the field ruled incompletion. When the replay booth reversed the call and ruled the play a touchdown, the pirate-themed stadium shook so loudly my laptop rattled

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#64 : October 17, 2006, 10:52:19 PM

I keep saying how sick I am of these Fairweather Fans. It's disgusting.  Question, say you're seating at the top row and notice these idiots leaving their good seats, is it allowed to move down??????

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#65 : October 17, 2006, 10:54:42 PM

I keep saying how sick I am of these Fairweather Fans. It's disgusting.  Question, say you're seating at the top row and notice these idiots leaving their good seats, is it allowed to move down??????

Our seats are in the gods, and I have never been in them in the 4th quarter, usually move down.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#66 : October 17, 2006, 11:01:53 PM

cool, so it is allowed. SWEET!!!!   Let them morons leave early, better for us heeheeeheee

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#67 : October 17, 2006, 11:07:17 PM

cool, so it is allowed. SWEET!!!!   Let them morons leave early, better for us heeheeeheee

A lot of people leave the upper level before halftime and never come back. 

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#68 : October 17, 2006, 11:30:37 PM

maybe they melted?

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#69 : October 17, 2006, 11:42:12 PM

I agree JG that stadium was rocking all the way until the end.. My parents watched it on Nfl ticket and said the crowd was a huge factor..

This happens in most Nfl cities.. except for Green Bay -KC- Denver- Philly -Washington.. 

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#70 : October 18, 2006, 12:03:17 AM

I sit in the upper sections and I at times leave at the half  but only if my buddies who are TPD and HCSO call me and say hey got you better seats. I will say one thing for Sunday I did notice was there was damn near no room to move in the endzones. Lot of folks in the upper tiers go down at the half to meet with friends and hang out on those party decks now. I went down two weeks ago to meet my brother ande you couldn't even walk through the endzone concession areas cause of all the folks that gather there for the second half and watch the game. I never made it back to my seats we pushed our way up to the guard rail behind the endzone seats and watched the enitre rest of the game from there. Not a bad angle from there if you can get up close, but you stand the whole game but getting a beer is real easy since the vendors are walking in front of you the whole time from aisle to aisle.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#71 : October 18, 2006, 12:23:34 AM

Too many of the opponents fans are there...
25% to 33% of the stadium were Skins fans in the playoff game last year. I know because I was there. The boos during the Bucs intros were drowning out the cheers.

And the reason? Bucs fans selling their tickets to non-Buc fans.
And these so-called Bucs fans even had the nerve to sell those tickets above face value to fellow Bucs fans.

If you are a season ticket holder and you don't go to the games anymore. GIVE THE TICKETS UP! I don't give a damn if you lose your deposit. I'll throw you off the bandwagon myself and then run you over with it.
You are wrong. Opposing fans get tickets through ticket agencies. That's their business, and their livelyhood. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers orginization is responsible for this problem. Some teams out there only allow so many season tickets to be purchased by any particular person. These ticket agencies own hundreds of tickets, and sell them. If the Buccaneers put a limit as to how many tickets can be purchased with one account number, this would stop, and also allow people on the waiting list to be able to purchase tickets. But why would the Buccs put a limit on them. Do they really care who is sitting in the seat? No, they only care that someone is sitting in the seat. Do you really think 30,000 Buccs fans just happened to sell their tickets to Bengals fans Sunday?????? Really, do you believe that? Ticket brokers know they can get more money out of the opposing fan, because the ticket is worth more to them, because they are just happy enough to be able to get their hands on them, so they'll usually pay. One Bengals fan Scurvy, Prefer and I spoke with got tickets for $350.00 a piece. Why would a Buccs fan pay that, when they can sit at home and watch it for free. Ticket brokers know this, and that's why they sell to opposing fans. Seriously, get your head out of your Butts, if you really think 15,000 or so seperate fans who own tickets just happen to sell them to Bengals fans. Ebay has made it way too easy for ticket brokers to sell their tickets. It's up to the Buccs to limit ticket sales to each individual account. I may be wrong, but I believe a limit of 8 Chiefs tickets can be purchased per acount. Brokers would have to use multiple people to buy them for them, or use fake names. The Buccs could police this if they wanted too. But do they want to??

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#72 : October 18, 2006, 12:49:39 AM

It was reported that Sun. was the largest crowd at Ray-Jay since the inagural game. I'm not sure how that happened..maybe some people had others in their laps? ::) :o We are so close we don't have to read Jon's lips! ;)

ArmyBucFan

Practice Squad

#73 : October 18, 2006, 09:07:38 AM

Why would someone leave a one score game early? [banghead]

Grudenfan63 gave you a decent reason why...

Now I'm not saying it's ok across the board for fans to leave early- especially when the team needs noise and support- but there are definitely situations where people need to take off (anything to do with kids probably counts). Going to Hooters doesn't count as one of those reasons, however. You can't just order a blanket execution to all fans who left without knowing their particular situations. That's ridiculous.

vipmark

Starter
#74 : October 18, 2006, 02:42:02 PM

Don't worry about what others do, be the best fan you can be and lead by example. My father imparted that advice to me as I was having a meltdown about sharing our stadium with 30,000 packer fans. You can't control the actions of "lesser" fans, however, you CAN show them the way. Ignore that which takes away from the greatness of the game.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: People leaving the game early « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools