Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Inglourious Basterds « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

Creamsicle

Second String

: December 28, 2009, 05:17:24 PM

First off, GREAT movie.
Second off, did anyone else see Mike Myers in Chapter 4? Or am I seriously mistaking this guy for him.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#1 : December 28, 2009, 09:14:45 PM

Yea, that was Mike Myers.

Basterds is the best film Tarantino has ever done and I dont think he can do better than it. It is perfect. Everything about it.. perfect. I still think the dialouge from Kill Bill 2 was better(best monologue of all time when David Carradine is talking about Superman and alteregos), but Basterds is his most complete film.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 28, 2009, 09:20:56 PM

Pulp Fiction is the best Tarantino film.

Best scene was  where Jackson reads the bible passage to the two guys. Eziekel 25:17.

Badazz.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#3 : December 28, 2009, 09:22:38 PM

Best scene was  where Jackson reads the bible passage to the two guys. Eziekel 25:17.

Badazz.

I have friends who prefer Pulp Fiction because it is easier for people to relate to the characters and the story is more modern, but Basterds is filmmaking perfection.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 28, 2009, 09:45:05 PM

I hate when movie snobs use the word "film."  No offense Awi or Swash, just a pet peeve.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 28, 2009, 09:59:28 PM

For sure.   I didn't even like inglourious basterds.   Then again, I'm not jewish.  Pulp Fiction is great though.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 28, 2009, 10:20:12 PM

I haven't seen Inglorious Bastards yet, but I can't imagine it being better than Pulp Fiction or Reservoir Dogs.  Diner scene in Reservoir Dogs may be the best dialogue ever and there are so many great lines from Pupl Fiction I wouldn't know where to begin.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 28, 2009, 10:23:48 PM

I thought Basterds was "meh".

Nothing about it struck me as anything different than what Quentin does.  A whole lot of dialogue, leading to tension, and then unholy amounts of violence.  The movie just did not get me going.  It was alright, but to call it a classic is beyond me....if anything, it is classic Quentin.

i thought Star Trek whupped that movies azzz.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 28, 2009, 10:40:20 PM

Inglorious Basterds involved too much dialogue and not enough action imo. The beginning scene was dragged out about 5 mins too much. The scene where they were in the basement drinking was far too long, he drags out his dialogues far too long but they are pretty good for the most part.

It was an ok film, but highly inaccurate and unrealistic. A Jewish woman who owns a theater and can successfully plan an assassination of the German High Command for a movie premier about a sniper who sits in a bell tower of a church that kills 150 soldiers while nobody just decides to blow the damn thing up?

Booker

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 29, 2009, 12:39:18 AM

LOL at highly inaccurate. NO CRAP, it is a movie. You liked Transformers for its realistic plot?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 29, 2009, 01:30:47 AM

LOL at highly inaccurate. NO CRAP, it is a movie. You liked Transformers for its realistic plot?

Transformers was even worse than basterds.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 29, 2009, 09:03:28 AM

Transformers was even worse than basterds.

Worse than Basterds for sure.. But not better than "My best friends girl" LOL.. Your taste in movies is horrendous.

Inglorious Basterds is a classic.. IMO you have no sense of dark humor if you dont believe that.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 29, 2009, 09:04:56 AM

Basterds is the best film Tarantino has ever done and I dont think he can do better than it. It is perfect. Everything about it.. perfect. I still think the dialouge from Kill Bill 2 was better(best monologue of all time when David Carradine is talking about Superman and alteregos), but Basterds is his most complete film.

+1...

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 29, 2009, 09:27:43 AM

but Basterds is filmmaking perfection.

can you describe filmmaking perfection?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 29, 2009, 09:29:34 AM

but Basterds is filmmaking perfection.

can you describe filmmaking perfection?

Great dialog, cinematography, direction, acting.. And if Awitron has the same taste in movies that I do... then Great Ultra-Violence as well.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Inglourious Basterds « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools