Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Inglourious Basterds « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#105 : March 08, 2010, 07:15:42 PM

Isnt that what the vast majority of WW2 movies are about? Nazis and Jews?

Name some other WW2 movies about Jews killing Nazis.

There aren't any.

Defiance buddy....

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#106 : March 08, 2010, 07:26:33 PM

The long opening scene of Basterds was genious; I haven't seen anything that good come out of Hollywood in a long time.  The rest of the movie was OK.

Yeah my feelings exactly< i loved the opening scene but nothing after that was all that good> really was a bit of a disjointed mess to be honest>

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#107 : March 08, 2010, 07:26:39 PM

Defiance?  Never seen it.  It must be fairly new.  What is it with these recent Jew killing Nazi movies?   To be more realistic, they should have movies of Jews hiding under beds while the nazis storm through and murder and rape them.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#108 : March 08, 2010, 10:04:38 PM

Defiance?  Never seen it.  It must be fairly new.  What is it with these recent Jew killing Nazi movies?   To be more realistic, they should have movies of Jews hiding under beds while the nazis storm through and murder and rape them.

Because you have no idea what you are talking about. Not all Jews just allowed the Nazis to take them away to die.

Defiance is about the Bielski's (Belarusian Jews) who hide in the woods and build camps and attack the Germans in little raids and attacks.

You have a problem with Jews fighting back? You mean you actually enjoyed all the Holocaust movies?

Pulling Guard

Second String

#109 : March 08, 2010, 10:04:51 PM

The long opening scene of Basterds was genious; I haven't seen anything that good come out of Hollywood in a long time. The rest of the movie was OK.

Yeah my feelings exactly< i loved the opening scene but nothing after that was all that good> really was a bit of a disjointed mess to be honest>

The basement/tavern scene?

And any time I could look at Melanie Laurent was a great moment to me. As always, QT has a way of making it impossible to take your eyes off the girls in his flicks.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#110 : March 09, 2010, 08:36:11 AM

The long opening scene of Basterds was genious; I haven't seen anything that good come out of Hollywood in a long time.  The rest of the movie was OK.

Guess Clint Eastwoods old Westerns feel disjointed as well.. The style in which Tarantino uses to edit the movie, is spaghetti..

Although untradiotional, it was capable of being followed.. In fact, the style of editing was refreshing and kept me drawn in.. He does Resevoir Dogs the same exact way..

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#111 : March 09, 2010, 08:39:53 AM

Defiance? �Never seen it. �It must be fairly new. �What is it with these recent Jew killing Nazi movies? � To be more realistic, they should have movies of Jews hiding under beds while the nazis storm through and murder and rape them.

Because you have no idea what you are talking about. Not all Jews just allowed the Nazis to take them away to die.

Defiance is about the Bielski's (Belarusian Jews) who hide in the woods and build camps and attack the Germans in little raids and attacks.

You have a problem with Jews fighting back? You mean you actually enjoyed all the Holocaust movies?

If you really think they fought back, you should do some reading of some WWII books to find out the real story.   They were lambs at the slaughter.   That's what made it so disgusting.   The Nazi's were killing all those Jews and they were basically harmless.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#112 : March 09, 2010, 08:42:24 AM

Defiance? �Never seen it. �It must be fairly new. �What is it with these recent Jew killing Nazi movies? � To be more realistic, they should have movies of Jews hiding under beds while the nazis storm through and murder and rape them.

If you really think they fought back, you should do some reading of some WWII books to find out the real story.   They were lambs at the slaughter.   That's what made it so disgusting.   The Nazi's were killing all those Jews and they were basically harmless.

Ignorant, and borderline racist..

Also, you completly miss the point of the movie.. He killed off Hitler, he wasnt concerned in historcal accuracies.

Tarantino has already said "What IF WW2 would of happened this way..?"

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#113 : March 09, 2010, 08:44:41 AM

Not ignorant at all.  You are the one who is ignorant.   Researching WWII used to be a hobby of mine when I was a teenager.   I've read many books on the topic and I'm close to an expert.   That's far from ignorant.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#114 : March 09, 2010, 08:47:39 AM

Not ignorant at all.  You are the one who is ignorant.   Researching WWII used to be a hobby of mine when I was a teenager.   I've read many books on the topic and I'm close to an expert.   That's far from ignorant.

It doesnt make you ignorant about WW2 no.. Sure you know alot about WW2..

So what are you arguing, Egobrain?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#115 : March 09, 2010, 09:00:35 AM

I also think that France didn't put up a very good fight against Germany in WWII.   Next thing you know, Tarantino will come out with a movie where France single handedly wins world war II and hangs Hitler from the Eiffel Tower.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#116 : March 09, 2010, 09:02:56 AM

I also think that France didn't put up a very good fight against Germany in WWII.   Next thing you know, Tarantino will come out with a movie where France single handedly wins world war II and hangs Hitler from the Eiffel Tower.

Doubt it. Bet he makes a western, or Kill Bill 3 next.

Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Inglourious Basterds « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools