Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Inglourious Basterds « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 29, 2009, 01:18:21 PM

I hate when movie snobs use the word "film."  No offense Awi or Swash, just a pet peeve.

Would you prefer "picture", or "show"..? LOL

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 29, 2009, 01:25:01 PM

LOL at highly inaccurate. NO CRAP, it is a movie. You liked Transformers for its realistic plot?

Transformers was even worse than basterds.

Worse than Basterds for sure.. But not better than "My best friends girl"

I agree.   My Best Friends Girl dusts Basterds.   At least I will watch My Best Friends Girl more than once.   Great flick!

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 29, 2009, 01:26:12 PM

LOL at highly inaccurate. NO CRAP, it is a movie. You liked Transformers for its realistic plot?

Transformers was even worse than basterds.

Worse than Basterds for sure.. But not better than "My best friends girl"

I agree.   My Best Friends Girl dusts Basterds.   At least I will watch My Best Friends Girl more than once.   Great flick!

Even Alec Baldwin can be quoted that he was embarrassed by that movie, and was THE worst script he has ever read.. That movie is seriously one of the biggest pieces of garbage ever made, and you actually are recommending it.. How embarrassing for you..

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 29, 2009, 01:27:34 PM

Baldwin was funny in that also regardless of the script.   Great flick.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 29, 2009, 01:31:28 PM

'Regardless of the script".. So I bet you're a huge fan of 'The Three Stooges" and other screwball comedy(dont get me wrong, it think this stuff is great.. but it I grow tired of comedy that lacks any intellect).. A continuous pattern with your recommendations.. Your too easily entertained to hold a real discussion here.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#20 : December 29, 2009, 02:14:38 PM

but Basterds is filmmaking perfection.

can you describe filmmaking perfection?

Great dialog, cinematography, direction, acting.. And if Awitron has the same taste in movies that I do... then Great Ultra-Violence as well.

Tarantino showed he can be patient with the suspense building shots that most directors will do everything they can do to avoid because they are hard to carry out and are not popular with most viewers, but when done correctly are incredible. How many movies do you see a longer fight scene than the dialouge used to build that scene up? The tavern scene is pure gold because he establishes so many characters, establishes a detailed setting, and builds the tension leading up to what was not more than 20 seconds of incredible graphic violence. There was no fake, dragged on, extended fight scene. If a bunch of people started killing each other in a tavern, it wouldnt take more than 15 seconds if they all had guns and knives. Thats what makes that movie so damn good.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 29, 2009, 04:11:21 PM

Tarantino showed he can be patient with the suspense building shots that most directors will do everything they can do to avoid because they are hard to carry out and are not popular with most viewers, but when done correctly are incredible. How many movies do you see a longer fight scene than the dialouge used to build that scene up? The tavern scene is pure gold because he establishes so many characters, establishes a detailed setting, and builds the tension leading up to what was not more than 20 seconds of incredible graphic violence. There was no fake, dragged on, extended fight scene. If a bunch of people started killing each other in a tavern, it wouldnt take more than 15 seconds if they all had guns and knives. Thats what makes that movie so damn good.

gotcha, i definitely agree with that.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 30, 2009, 04:59:07 AM

'Regardless of the script".. So I bet you're a huge fan of 'The Three Stooges" and other screwball comedy(dont get me wrong, it think this stuff is great.. but it I grow tired of comedy that lacks any intellect).. A continuous pattern with your recommendations.. Your too easily entertained to hold a real discussion here.

You think After Hours lacks intellect but Zombieland was intelligent humor?   Please.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 30, 2009, 05:29:57 AM

Just so I dont come across as negative as if I think every movie is horrible, here are some actual good comedies for you guys to check out.

Caddyshack
King Pin
There's Something about Mary
Meet the Parents
The Jerk
Stripes
Life of Brian
Monte Python and the Holy Grail
Young Frankenstein
Smokey and the Bandit
Animal House
Airplane
Naked Gun
Blues Brothers
Blazing Saddles
My Best Friends Girlfriend
Dodgeball
The Wedding Singer
Happy Gilmore
Black Sheep
The Heartbreak Kid
Zoolander
Team America
Rustlers Rhapsody
Private Resort
Casual Sex
Up in Smoke
Next Movie
Porkys
Police Academy
After Hours
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Austin Powers
Slapshot
Good Luck Chuck
Joe Dirt
Mr. Wood**CENSORED**
American Pie
Christmas Vacation
Office Space
Dumb and Dumber
Big Stan
Summer Rental
Summer School
Better off Dead
The Sure thing
Hot Pursuit
Blame it on Rio
Wedding Crashers
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
The Man with two brains
Napolean Dynamite
Jay and Silent Bob
Old School
Vacation
Father of the Bride
Ace Ventura
Liar Liar
Once Bitten
Private Benjamin
Arthur
Raising Arizona
Major League
Going Berserk
Short Time
Modern Problems
Gumball Rally
The Ugly Truth
Evil Dead 2
Hard Bodies
Malibu Bikini Shop
America's Sweethearts
Along came Polly
Pure Luck
Used Cars
Deuce Bigalow
Night at the Roxbury

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 30, 2009, 05:36:36 AM

You think After Hours lacks intellect but Zombieland was intelligent humor?   Please.

I think I recalled me saying I loved After Hours and all of Scorsese's movies. So dont give me that crap.

I also never said Zombieland had intelligent humor either..

You seriously have to make things up to sound like you know what your talking about..

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#25 : January 01, 2010, 07:52:58 PM

The tavern scene is pure gold because he establishes so many characters, establishes a detailed setting, and builds the tension leading up to what was not more than 20 seconds of incredible graphic violence.

Spot on. Oustanding scene. Thought the opening scene w/ the French dairy farmer was very good as well. 

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 01, 2010, 08:46:57 PM

The tavern scene is pure gold because he establishes so many characters, establishes a detailed setting, and builds the tension leading up to what was not more than 20 seconds of incredible graphic violence.

Spot on. Oustanding scene. Thought the opening scene w/ the French dairy farmer was very good as well.

Navy/Schultz didn't like that scene...lol

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#27 : January 01, 2010, 08:53:19 PM

Very suspenseful movie - the kind I like - somewhat unpredictable.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 01, 2010, 09:32:27 PM

Navy/Schultz didn't like that scene...lol

I hated it because it was dragged out for about 5 minutes too much. Like for a war movie in the trailers that showed all this violence and what not, they took a long friggin time to just even show a short moment where they shoot the floorboards and a jewish girls escapes only to kill the Fuhrer. Not my favorite at all.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 01, 2010, 10:03:22 PM

Who said it was just a war movie?
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Inglourious Basterds « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools