Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING NEWS: PLUMMER TRADE TO BUCS ALMOST COMPLETE « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

#15 : March 02, 2007, 10:58:55 AM

I know Gruden coached against Jake for years

He did?

You might be right.  03 was Plummers 1st season in Denver.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 02, 2007, 11:01:57 AM

I think I'm going to be sick. Forgive me for thinking Gruden and Allen actually wanted to win in Tampa. This definitely does not have the air of urgency from a coach who has one year left to win or be canned. Plummer couldn't even beat out a freakin' rookie!

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 02, 2007, 11:02:19 AM

We still have 4 day one picks. We have to make them count. We basically have those and a 5th and a 7th round pick unless we trade Rice for another pick in rounds 2-4.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 02, 2007, 11:02:26 AM

This has "desperation move" written all over it

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 02, 2007, 11:03:16 AM

This has "desperation move" written all over it
It sure does.  It certainly doesn't smell like he is trying to build for the future.  Plummer isn't even a worthy mentor.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#20 : March 02, 2007, 11:05:57 AM

Dam

Shag

Pro Bowler

#21 : March 02, 2007, 11:07:03 AM

Plummer needs to start and play well or we need a new coach and GM in 2008.

simmstheanswer

Starter

#22 : March 02, 2007, 11:11:01 AM

i don't know what everyones upset about. plummer is not going to start, and is not going to command starter money. his stock is as low as it's ever gonna be, and he was an all-pro qb a few years ago. for a 4th rounder, we get a solid back-up qb, i feel more comfortable. going into the season with gradkowski as back-up again is not what i consider smart, this move is. it add competition to the qb job. it gives us a proven qb who knows the west coast and is mobile. and it gives us a better chance to win games should our starter go down. be happy with it.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 02, 2007, 11:12:07 AM

i don't know what everyones upset about. plummer is not going to start, and is not going to command starter money. his stock is as low as it's ever gonna be, and he was an all-pro qb a few years ago. for a 4th rounder, we get a solid back-up qb, i feel more comfortable. going into the season with gradkowski as back-up again is not what i consider smart, this move is. it add competition to the qb job. it gives us a proven qb who knows the west coast and is mobile. and it gives us a better chance to win games should our starter go down. be happy with it.
I think alot of people felt Garcia would come in and make a real push to start.  I dont feel that way about Plummer.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

marlevr

Second String
#24 : March 02, 2007, 11:13:09 AM

Garcia wants big bucks

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 02, 2007, 11:43:52 AM

Plummer needs to start and play well or we need a new coach and GM in 2008.

If Plummer does Plummer we'll be 7-9 or 8-8 and Gruden can claim "progress" and he saves his butt. Now, the fact that Jake is gonna be 7-9 and 8-8 after that and can't win a playoff game doesn't matter.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 02, 2007, 11:48:26 AM

This is not the news I like to wake up to in the morning. Damn it.

I was set on Garcia or at least a full out attempt to get him. Maybe the Bucs already
heard the numbers JG was looking and didn't even bother? 4th round does seem
kind of high.

bryan12112

Starter

#27 : March 02, 2007, 11:59:21 AM

I was kind of afraid that Garcia would want too much money, for someone that only MIGHT win the starting job. Or maybe the Bucs just feel that Plummer is a better choice at this point in their careers. Garcia is 37...

Either way, I think what Garcia did in Philly is irrelevant. I don't think he would have matched that level of play here in TB. Plummer's a solid choice, even if a 4th is a little high.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 02, 2007, 12:02:58 PM

Isn't Jake slated to make around $5 million next year?  That's ridiculous.

Only if he brings the 'stache back...

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 02, 2007, 12:06:47 PM

Isn't Jake slated to make around $5 million next year?  That's ridiculous.

Only if he brings the 'stache back...

$5.3m

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING NEWS: PLUMMER TRADE TO BUCS ALMOST COMPLETE « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools