Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING NEWS: PLUMMER TRADE TO BUCS ALMOST COMPLETE « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Snook

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 02, 2007, 12:07:48 PM

There's no way the Bucs should agree to this trade unless he re-structures.

$5 million is way to much for the 'stache.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#31 : March 02, 2007, 12:08:00 PM

Thats not bad considering we aren't giving him any bonus money.   Chris Simms is at least $6.5 mil against the cap plus incentives.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 02, 2007, 12:08:45 PM

This has "desperation move" written all over it

Well then this is why Gruden should have been fired after last season or we need a real GM and not a puppet.  I don't think it was a terrible move like some do but it isn't the long term answer at QB.  I would have prefered drafting one like Quinn or Russell.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 02, 2007, 12:11:33 PM

Another poster with no clue!

#34 : March 02, 2007, 12:13:21 PM

LOL !

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 02, 2007, 12:14:06 PM

I would have prefered drafting one like Quinn or Russell.

Who says they won't?

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#36 : March 02, 2007, 12:15:44 PM

I will say again once more:  You got a better idea?

No Quinn or Russell is not a better idea.   We gave up a 4th round pick for Plummer. We would have to give up our #4 pick in the draft for the rookie, and it would take two or three years for those guys to get up to speed in the NFL.  

So its Plummer and Calvin Johnson or Quinn and a special teamer second day pick.  Which do you choose?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 02, 2007, 12:20:33 PM

were not going to contend for a championship next year anyways.  I'd rather have a franchise QB for the next 10 years in place than continuing to wallow in mediocricy.  still i don't think Plummer was a bad move.  I'd rather have Quinn or Russell and Plummer as my QBs than Simms and Plummer.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 02, 2007, 12:22:51 PM

were not going to contend for a championship next year anyways.  I'd rather have a franchise QB for the next 10 years in place than continuing to wallow in mediocricy.  still i don't think Plummer was a bad move.  I'd rather have Quinn or Russell and Plummer as my QBs than Simms and Plummer.

This being the real point. Plummer isn't a problem into and of himself. He's a problem in conjunction with our current HC. One negins to think that as much as Rich Gannon made Gruden you wonder if that won't also be his undoing as he keeps search for wheat among the chaff.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#39 : March 02, 2007, 12:33:48 PM

Assuming we are not going to be good next year, then that means that Gruden would be gone. That means that any QB drafted by Gruden for his system would have to then adapt to a new coach and a new system.   We can't be drafting for some new regime, because those new people are going to want players who fit their system.  Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson, OK yeah those guys could be great in any system.  A defensive player will likely have the same system whether Gruden or Kiffin are around or not.  Any new DC would likely be a Tampa Two guy.   

But QB is different.  Do we want to be in the situation like Atlanta is in, where we hire a coach and tell him that he is stuck with the QB he has? 

It took Gruden too long to get his own players in there.  I'm glad we won the Superbowl, but for Gruden it would have been better if we were 0-16 when he came in. He could have cleaned house and gotten his own guys in right away. 

So to sum up, we don't need to be spending a pick on a QB for some future coach.   That coach would likely say thanks but no thanks. I have my own guy in mind.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 02, 2007, 12:34:01 PM

Plummer needs to start and play well or we need a new coach and GM in 2008.

If Plummer does Plummer we'll be 7-9 or 8-8 and Gruden can claim "progress" and he saves his butt. Now, the fact that Jake is gonna be 7-9 and 8-8 after that and can't win a playoff game doesn't matter.

Kind of my thoughts too.  I don't want to settle for an 8-8 season. As a fan I expect much more than that, at least the playoffs. I want the Bucs administration to try and do what it takes to win and get to the playoffs each year and I'm just not sold that Plummer helps with that.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 02, 2007, 12:35:55 PM

Kind of my thoughts too.  I don't want to settle for an 8-8 season. As a fan I expect much more than that, at least the playoffs. I want the Bucs administration to try and do what it takes to win and get to the playoffs each year

But they did that in 2003 and the fans roasted them for it.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING NEWS: PLUMMER TRADE TO BUCS ALMOST COMPLETE « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools