Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glazers haven't told Rah his job is safe « previous next »
Page: 1 2

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

: December 29, 2009, 01:26:42 AM

Coach Raheem Morris hasn't heard from the Buccaneers owners about whether he will return in 2010.
He isn't asking them, either.
One day after the Bucs pulled off a huge upset of the Saints in New Orleans, Morris dealt with questions about reports the Bucs had contacted former Steelers coach Bill Cowher.
"I don't think Bill Cowher makes those decisions," Morris said, "I think our ownership does. I know I don't, so I don't worry about it.
"When was the last time you've seen one of my owners speak publicly? That's not what we do around here. We don't have to answer to all the critics. That's not our job. They came out when they got a rumor about them and (Bernie) Madoff. Good. That's what they do. We don't do that stuff. We don't have to.
"The assurance they gave to me is I've got to do my job tomorrow. That's what you've got to do. When you're put in a position to coach a football team, you coach it. And that's what you do until they tell you to stop, and that's what I'm going to do now."
Morris also denied a report on ESPN that special teams coach Richard Bisaccia was headed to join Lane Kiffin and Monte Kiffin at the University of Tennessee and that defensive backs coach Joe Baker and defensive line coach Robert Nunn won't be back next season.
"Again, all rumors," Morris said. "Rich Bisaccia is under contract last time I checked. All my guys are. We make evaluations on everybody at the end of the season. We're just coaching, and we've got one more game to play. I know it's fun for you guys to do the coaches carousel, but for us, it's reality. It's life. This is what we do.
"This game is not for everybody. Not for the mentally weak. It's not for the soft. It's not for everybody. For me, it's about production, going onto the field and progressing. All that other stuff is gray matter. All that other stuff just messes you up for next week. ... You can start thinking about all that stuff and get caught up and lose sight that (Atlanta's) Matt Ryan is coming to town and you've got to tackle (Michael) Turner. That's how you get messed up. I prefer to think about Atlanta coming up here. I prefer to watch that tape upstairs and enjoy myself. I prefer to look at my guys' progress and development. And to see that locker room (Sunday), I prefer to do that. That's just how I'm made up."
Following Sunday's game, Morris said he believed if he were about to be fired, the Glazer family, which owns the team, would approach him "like men." But he said Monday he didn't need any public votes of confidence from ownership.
"The Glazers don't do stuff like that," Morris said. "They come in your office and we talk all the time. They don't have to do that. That's not their job. They're the boss. Did your boss tell you you're going to be writing for the paper tomorrow? I'm pretty sure I'm going to be here tomorrow as well.
"I don't think I'm going to find out on 'SportsCenter' is what I'm saying about that. These guys are high character people and high quality people. They'll come knock on my door or I'll get a call from somebody to come down and see them."

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 29, 2009, 02:03:34 AM

He's history.

Garv

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 29, 2009, 12:11:10 PM

Their, the Royal Glazerbaum's, silence is disturbing as far as Raheem keeping his job is concerned. Of course they rarely say much of anything publically anyway but still......

Anyone think Raheem could stay as DC if Cowher came here? I know I don't want to change to the Steeler's defense and start over there AGAIN after seeing how well our D plays under Raheem.

Oh well, who the hell knows?

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 29, 2009, 10:57:23 AM

I don't think they know.  It's all dependant on A) Morris continued success and B) the terms Cowher would demand.

#4 : December 29, 2009, 10:59:50 AM

The Glazers have NEVER spoke about this TEAM while the season is still in progress, there is no reason to think they would now.

Java - he'll be making history for the next 10 years with this team... :)

#5 : December 29, 2009, 11:24:58 AM

The same people who are clammering for Rah to stay will be griping next year 4 games in when we start 0-4 again if we keep Rah

People just need to understand this guy is over his head...hes a dam good DC though

Mean D

Pro Bowler

#6 : December 29, 2009, 11:38:59 AM

He's history.

And a bad piece of it.

#7 : December 29, 2009, 11:40:56 AM

The same people who are clammering for Rah to stay will be griping next year 4 games in when we start 0-4 again if we keep Rah

Nope.

My expectations are .500 next year (that means 16 games played in 2010.)

If the team doesn't get there - Rah is accountable and will begin losing my support.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 29, 2009, 12:19:03 PM

Their, the Royal Glazerbaum's, silence is disturbing as far as Raheem keeping his job is concerned. Of course they rarely say much of anything publically anyway but still......

Anyone think Raheem could stay as DC if Cowher came here? I know I don't want to change to the Steeler's defense and start over there AGAIN after seeing how well our D plays under Raheem.

Oh well, who the hell knows?

I wouldn't call it disturbing.  It is what it is.  They don't have a decision yet, so why talk about it.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 29, 2009, 12:28:02 PM

Jon Gruden certainly didn't have any warning when he was fired. So why should Raheem expect any different? I still think it comes down to what moves the season ticket holders to fork over their renewal forms.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 29, 2009, 12:30:27 PM

I wouldn't read too much into the silence. I'd hope we'd hear something somewhat definitive shortly in the days after Sunday's game.

One thing which is interesting is that I think Cowher has stated that he would not interview for a position with an existing coach....IOW...the coaching position would need to be vacant in order for him to express interest in it....publicly I presume.

My guess is that Morris would not be replace unless it was for an established name as coach. So....would they take the chance of releasing Morris and then interviewing Cowher with a chance he could turn them down?

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#11 : December 29, 2009, 12:45:47 PM

I don't think they know.  It's all dependant on A) Morris continued success and B) the terms Cowher would demand.

yup. This is exactly what it is.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 29, 2009, 12:58:40 PM

My guess is that Morris would not be replace unless it was for an established name as coach. So....would they take the chance of releasing Morris and then interviewing Cowher with a chance he could turn them down?

Though it would hurt the team, that's EXACTLY what these disloyal, scumbag owners deserve.  Let em fire Morris, then Cowher turn down the job.  Would serve em right.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 29, 2009, 01:01:05 PM

Though it would hurt the team, that's EXACTLY what these disloyal, scumbag owners deserve.  Let em fire Morris, then Cowher turn down the job.  Would serve em right.

Big deal.   ANYONE they bring in will be as good or better than Raheem.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 29, 2009, 01:04:01 PM

Though it would hurt the team, that's EXACTLY what these disloyal, scumbag owners deserve.? Let em fire Morris, then Cowher turn down the job.? Would serve em right.

Big deal. ANYONE they bring in will be as good or better than Raheem.

Anyone they bring in will still be handcuffed by their cheap azz ways...and likely be fired just as shadily...

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glazers haven't told Rah his job is safe « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools