Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Geno Hayes The Teams Best Linebacker? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

: December 29, 2009, 12:09:55 PM

Geno Hayes is a keeper.
He keeps getting better and is the heir apparent to the great #55.

Yeah Yucc, I'm high on Geno Hayes and have noticed his outstanding progress this year. If we stick to the defense we're running now, he's perfect for the job and quite possible our best young LB, yes.

When I met Geno.. I did the ass kissing move of telling him I thought he was the reincarnation of Derrick Brooks.. He got a kick out of it.. (BTW, I realize that I probably shouldn't of told him that lol)

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

Garv

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 29, 2009, 12:07:41 PM

Geno Hayes is a keeper.

Yeah Yucc, I'm high on Geno Hayes and have noticed his outstanding progress this year. If we stick to the defense we're running now, he's perfect for the job and quite possible our best young LB, yes.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 29, 2009, 11:35:23 AM

Based on the way the season has gone very little attention has been given to the teams second youngest player and the teams youngest defender. He has amassed 122 tackles, 12 tackles for loss, 2 sacks, 12 quarterback pressures, 2 interceptions, 7 passes defensed, 1 forced fumble, & 1 fumble recovery. Statically Hayes ranks 2nd on the team in tackles, 1st in tackles for loss, tied for 4th in sacks, 4th in quarterback pressures, 4th in interceptions, 3rd in passes defensed, tied for 3rd in forced fumbles, and tied for 1st in fumble recoveries.

What our your thoughts, has Hayes surpassed Ruud and could Hayes be the teams best defender?

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

s0uthFLbucfan

Starter

#3 : December 29, 2009, 11:39:16 AM

Geez, i knew the kid was having a good season...but thats a BEAST season right there lol

"We're going to be d--- good,"-
Kellen Winslow II. Novemeber 15, 2009

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 29, 2009, 11:40:17 AM

Nice stats for a pretty good 2nd season for Geno..

Hopefully he keeps it up..

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 29, 2009, 11:47:43 AM

Looks like Ruud has hit his ceiling, while Hayes is just getting started.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 29, 2009, 12:11:55 PM

I'd say yes he's been our best LB this season.   He's been fast and made good decisions.

Garv

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 29, 2009, 12:13:29 PM

Geno Hayes is a keeper.

When I met Geno.. I did the butt kissing move of telling him I thought he was the reincarnation of Derrick Brooks.. He got a kick out of it.. (BTW, I realize that I probably shouldn't of told him that lol)

LOL, well it's hard to ignore the similarities between Geno and the rookie DB of year's ago. The speed, size and nose for the ball, etc.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 29, 2009, 12:16:35 PM

Geno Hayes is a keeper.

When I met Geno.. I did the butt kissing move of telling him I thought he was the reincarnation of Derrick Brooks.. He got a kick out of it.. (BTW, I realize that I probably shouldn't of told him that lol)

LOL, well it's hard to ignore the similarities between Geno and the rookie DB of year's ago. The speed, size and nose for the ball, etc.

Exactly.. The thing that reminds me the most of Derrick is when he is able to fly in the backfield and gobble up the HB's for a loss..

BucNasty24

Second String

#9 : December 29, 2009, 12:17:47 PM

I think Geno is without a doubt our best LB this year, but those stats are ridiculously inflated.  Nfl.com has him at 86 tackles.  I've heard of teams inflating tackling stats, but that is ridiculous.

jlr0714

Starter
#10 : December 29, 2009, 12:18:24 PM

He has really come on this year.   Early in the season it seemed he was out of position quite a bit, particularly in pass coverage.  The system Bates installed didn't seem to suit his skill set - he has really prospered and blossomed since Morris reinstalled the Tampa 2.  He is now playing much more instinctively...the exciting thought it he is likely to continue improving.   Black has also picked up his play the second half of the season.   Now if we could get a headhunter at Mike, we'd have one heck of a linebacking corps.    I think Barrett is a good backer...but I want someone great in the middle.

Madman

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 29, 2009, 12:19:16 PM

Geno is a playmaker. Great speed and instincts. Definite keeper.

Now if he can just get to games on time.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 29, 2009, 12:19:37 PM

I think Geno is without a doubt our best LB this year, but those stats are ridiculously inflated. �Nfl.com has him at 86 tackles. �I've heard of teams inflating tackling stats, but that is ridiculous.

Perhaps the NFL.com stat is just for solo tackles and the Bucs just list all tackles.   It's the only way I can explain the huge difference.  

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 29, 2009, 12:22:21 PM

definitely ahead of the rest in splash plays, i was surprised to learn he has as many tackles as he does - i think he's blocked a kick or punt this year also

hopefully our goal of getting bigger on defense doesn't compromise his role.  frankly, i don't see how we can consider getting bigger at LB....black is a big dude and if he's replaced it's not much of a size upgrade;  ruud & morris seem to have excellent chemistry with playcalls and pre-snap adjustment (raheem discusses that almost weekly since calling the defenses); and hayes is probably the most talented of the group.....unless we rotate ruud to the SLB position in some packages and get a thumper in the middle for those situations, our LBs will not be much bigger than they were this year

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 29, 2009, 12:26:39 PM

Yes. Get him a Bus schedule.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Geno Hayes The Teams Best Linebacker? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools