Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Napolean Harris making a stop @ One Buc « previous next »
Page: 1

: March 02, 2007, 11:26:49 AM

Harris visiting Buccaneers

Middle linebacker Napoleon Harris is visiting the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and could visit the Kansas City Chiefs afterwards.
Harris played well for the Vikings last season in the middle. But the club opted to re-sign E.J. Henderson to a long-term deal instead.

http://www.vikingsnow.blogspot.com/

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 02, 2007, 11:28:18 AM

Gruden/Allen are familar with him since he started his career as a Raider.

JC510

Practice Squad

#2 : March 02, 2007, 11:29:02 AM

Bruce Allen drafted him in the 1st round in 2002. Ruud could move to WLB as the future replacement for Brooks.

marlevr

Second String
#3 : March 02, 2007, 11:30:00 AM

Gruden was gone when he was drafted, Allen it the one familiar with him.

Swolf

Practice Squad

#4 : March 02, 2007, 11:38:11 AM

From PFt:

HARRIS VISITING THE BUCS

Sean Jensen of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports that linebacker Napoleon Harris will visit with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers before visiting the Chiefs.

Harris was a first-round pick in Oakland in the months after Jon Gruden left the Raiders to coach the Bucs.  Current Tampa G.M. Bruce Allen was still working for the Raiders when Harris was selected.

Harris was traded to the Vikings in 2005 as part of the Randy Moss deal.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 02, 2007, 11:40:04 AM

My bad.  I thought he's been around longer than 2002.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 02, 2007, 12:08:06 PM

I believe Harris was drafted with one of the picks Oakland got from us for Gruden. Strange how things work out..

gone

Hall of Famer
#7 : March 02, 2007, 12:09:34 PM

Given how late Gruden moved, I'm sure he at least had some familiarity with Harris.  Scouting and Draft prep starts early...

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 02, 2007, 12:09:44 PM

Useful player, a bit more of a straight line guy than a sideline to sideline type.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 02, 2007, 12:10:48 PM

They did really blow it with all those picks we gave them.  At least were not Raider fans.

#10 : March 02, 2007, 12:13:25 PM

From the star tribune:

Busy weekend for Napoleon
Friday, March 2nd, 2007 by Judd Zulgad
Vikings free-agent middle linebacker Napoleon Harris will be doing plenty of traveling this weekend. Harris is in Tampa Bay today to meet with the Buccaneers, is tenatively scheduled to go to Buffalo or Atlanta on Saturday and then will head to Kansas City to talk to the Chiefs on Sunday. Early reports indicated that Kansas City would be stop No. 1 for Harris but he might not even make it to K.C. if the Bucs, Bills or Falcons offer a good deal.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Napolean Harris making a stop @ One Buc « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools