Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PLUMMER RETIRES, TRADE NULLIFIED « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

buckit

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 02, 2007, 12:45:21 PM

Proof postive that God is a Bucs fan.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

#31 : March 02, 2007, 12:45:47 PM

Does this make us look more like idiots, or less like idiots?  Not sure...

Neither. If true it makes Plummer look like a headcase and/or primadonna. Big baby decides to take his ball and go home because the older kids won't let him play?

No.

http://cbs4denver.com/sports/local_story_053192200.html

Feb 23, 2007 5:16 am US/Mountain

(CBS4) DENVER There's been talk that the Broncos might trade quarterback Jake Plummer, but what if Plummer doesn't want to play football anymore?

CBS4 Sports has learned that Plummer is "seriously considering retirement."

This season Plummer was replaced by rookie Jay Cutler, and since then there's been speculation about whether Plummer would return as a backup or get traded to a team like the Houston Texans.

Cutler told CBS4 on Thursday he and Plummer have talked about retirement.

"I think anybody close to Jake, who knows him on a personal level, if he came in one day and said 'I'm outta here' ... it wouldn't be a big surprise," Cutler told CBS4's Vic Lombardi. "But he's competitor. I know he loves the game and loves Sundays, so if he came back I wouldn't be surprised that way either."

Plummer doesn't crave the limelight and he doesn't spend much money.

"So he really could just walk away and go live in a mountain hut somewhere," CBS4's Reggie Rivers joked Thursday night.

quezilla

Hall of Famer
#32 : March 02, 2007, 12:47:36 PM

So he would rather not play football than be a Buc?  That's the message i get.  Did we lose a 4th rounder?

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#33 : March 02, 2007, 12:47:43 PM

What the hell is going on?!?!  My head is about to explode!

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#34 : March 02, 2007, 12:48:24 PM

I agree
We better start calling Garcia and Houston about Carr. We can get him for that same 4th round pick. How much do you want to bet as soon as we do that, Plummer will unretire and sign with Houston!

I agree that he's gonna beo ut of retirement soon. I think this clears up why Kubiak didn't offer as much as us for Plummer. "If all else fails, just retire, then unretire and sign with us"

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 02, 2007, 12:48:47 PM

Really, why would that make us look like idiots?

I agree. A 4-12 record pretty much took care of that...

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 02, 2007, 12:49:36 PM

I didn't want Plummeer and to have to give them a 4th round.. I would of been so pissed  off.. And 5 million..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#37 : March 02, 2007, 12:49:54 PM

So he would rather not play football than be a Buc? That's the message i get. Did we lose a 4th rounder?

No the trade will be nullified. We keep whatever draft pick we offered (the trade nor the terms were never officially announced).

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 02, 2007, 12:53:47 PM

So he would rather not play football than be a Buc?

No, he was already considering retirement before any deal was made.

#39 : March 02, 2007, 12:56:36 PM

http://cbs4denver.com/sports/local_story_053192200.html

Feb 23, 2007 5:16 am US/Mountain

(CBS4) DENVER There's been talk that the Broncos might trade quarterback Jake Plummer, but what if Plummer doesn't want to play football anymore?

CBS4 Sports has learned that Plummer is "seriously considering retirement."

This season Plummer was replaced by rookie Jay Cutler, and since then there's been speculation about whether Plummer would return as a backup or get traded to a team like the Houston Texans.

Cutler told CBS4 on Thursday he and Plummer have talked about retirement.

"I think anybody close to Jake, who knows him on a personal level, if he came in one day and said 'I'm outta here' ... it wouldn't be a big surprise," Cutler told CBS4's Vic Lombardi. "But he's competitor. I know he loves the game and loves Sundays, so if he came back I wouldn't be surprised that way either."

Plummer doesn't crave the limelight and he doesn't spend much money.

"So he really could just walk away and go live in a mountain hut somewhere," CBS4's Reggie Rivers joked Thursday night.

(© MMVII CBS Television Stations, Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
From Our Partners

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 02, 2007, 12:58:17 PM

(© MMVII CBS Television Stations, Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
From Our Partners

:) Shame on you.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 02, 2007, 12:59:02 PM

Collect $5MM and play for Gruden or Retire?  This has to beat the Gruden calling up that safety last year at 12:01 and having him remind him who his agent was and hang up the phone.  

I am glad this trade didn't go through, so I guess that is all that mattered.  

#42 : March 02, 2007, 01:00:46 PM

From Our Partners

:) Shame on you.

OOPS, I meant to leave that part out.

Actually I didn't see it.  :-[

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 02, 2007, 01:02:58 PM

Does this make us look more like idiots, or less like idiots?  Not sure...

The deal was with the Broncos and Bucs. We can't control what a player does after the fact.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PLUMMER RETIRES, TRADE NULLIFIED « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools