Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Since everyone here has an answer for fixing our QB problem « previous next »
Page: 1

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

: March 02, 2007, 12:48:19 PM

Let's go on record and hear yours.

Mine would be to used the 4th to draft one.

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

#1 : March 02, 2007, 12:50:24 PM

Mine would be to draft the best player that could make our team better and pass on a hope/wish/or a prayer.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 02, 2007, 12:50:49 PM

Trade our 7th round pick for Vince Young.

Swolf

Practice Squad

#3 : March 02, 2007, 12:52:31 PM

I say we push hard for Carr, JMO

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 02, 2007, 12:54:42 PM

Mine would be to draft the best player that could make our team better and pass on a hope/wish/or a prayer.

so you would stay put with Simms and Gradkowski then?

calicojack

Starter
#5 : March 02, 2007, 12:58:04 PM

Don't count McCown out.  He's been here for a while.  Unfortunately for him, he was injured when his opportunity came up.

The Dream Team

gone

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 02, 2007, 01:01:05 PM

Apparently the majority of the red board thinks that despite last years play, our current stable is good enough that we don't need an upgrade.

Garcia and Carr are about the only options out there right now.  Good luck getting Carr.

Garcia is our best shot now.

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

#7 : March 02, 2007, 01:03:30 PM

so you would stay put with Simms and Gradkowski then?

How did you read that into what I said.   I just don't think we should lock any picks to a specific position.  I don't want to make moves out of desperation.  If we can get Garcia fine if not then lets look at other options whether that be draft/sign possible players that get cut/etc.  I don't buy into we need a vet and were willing to take any vet.  

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 02, 2007, 01:09:43 PM

Apparently the majority of the red board thinks that despite last years play, our current stable is good enough that we don't need an upgrade.

We need n upgrade a big one. He don't need more bandaids on the wound.

You draft one of the top 2 QB's this year, sign Garcia as the caddy if you can or if not suffer with Simms for another year. QB is always gonna be a problem and we will have to fix it at some point. People will hate on the pick but you either have to make the pick or keep trying the dumpster diving approach that hasn't worked out for us.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 02, 2007, 01:11:19 PM

Because the question was what would you do to improve the QB position this offseason.  Seems like most didn't want Plummer  and if it was Carr or Garcia there would've been plenty against it as well and most don't want to draft one in the 1st so then what moves would you make to improve the most important position on the team?

JC510

Practice Squad

#10 : March 02, 2007, 01:11:34 PM

1. Simms
2. Rattay
3. Gradkowski

psymun

Starter
#11 : March 02, 2007, 01:11:41 PM

DAVID CARR...

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 02, 2007, 01:13:12 PM

We need n upgrade a big one. He don't need more bandaids on the wound.

You draft one of the top 2 QB's this year, sign Garcia as the caddy if you can or if not suffer with Simms for another year. QB is always gonna be a problem and we will have to fix it at some point. People will hate on the pick but you either have to make the pick or keep trying the dumpster diving approach that hasn't worked out for us.

Finally a real answer.  Thank you.  And I agree with you.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 02, 2007, 01:18:00 PM

Jeff Garcia.  And try to develop Gradkowski over the next 2 seasons.  Trade Simms for a 3rd pick.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Since everyone here has an answer for fixing our QB problem « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools