Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Bucs tell Morris and staff that they'll be back « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#105 : January 04, 2010, 07:32:31 PM

I had a major change of heart about this whole situation the last couple of days. I originally backed Morris to stay for another season, but I now believe that getting a coach like Cowher would be the best possible thing to happen to this organization. Morris is a great defensive coordinator, but has made terrible coaching decisions. Those decisions have been forgotten because of the success he's had calling the defense. I thought long and hard about this, and I am split. Bringing a coach like Cowher along with his staff into the organization would add instant credibility and give us the best chance to succeed as an organization. I think it's a win-win situation no matter what happens.

My astute friend...go back and look at coaches making a come back that were former SB winners and tell me how they faired...You may change your mind again...

Go look at the good ones...

Vermeil
Parcells
J.Johnson
Stram
Ditka

Pretty impressive list? �Let me know what you dig up on these guys in their second chance for glory with another team... ;)

Vermiel, Parcells and Johnson were all successful with the teams they moved to. Vermiel and Parcells did it more than once. I'd love the Bucs to get to that level. I don't think "win Super Bowl" is the only sign of success.

Ditka and Stram both ended up with the Saints which may give them an exclusion.

I'm not sure on Cowher myself but there's not a heck of a lot of an argument for Morris either.

Dude what do they play for?  One thing and that's the Lombardi Trophy.  Anything less is failure.  At the ed of the day sure other teams can boast better records but ultimately get low draft picks for their troubles.  Geesh, let's see you bust your but all summer then all season and loose in the playoffs...well at least you made it to the playoffs Huh?  Tony Dungy made us a perennial playoff team and that got him what?  FIRED. Morris has taken his lumps as a first year guy.  And I believe with what he's learned and gone through this season can and will only make him a better coach.  No doubt he's even hungrier than the Chin.  The Chin is already packing his tent for CBS cuz I'll bet there's going to be a lock out and no one wants to pay him through that.  I'm sure Frick and Frack don't.  They've set this up to well to get it financially blown up because they wanna save face now...

No matter how you water it down, none of these big time coaches who've come back were worth a darn!  And no where near the glory we want to see again, IMO...What, what makes you think the Chin is any different?  He's not!

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#106 : January 04, 2010, 07:36:14 PM

No matter how you water it down, none of these big time coaches who've come back were worth a darn! 

That's not true.  Just one example:  **CENSORED** Vermeil walked away for quite a while then came back and won a superbowl with the Rams.    And most of the "big time" guys who come back are successful again.  They damn sure don't go 3-13.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#107 : January 04, 2010, 07:42:55 PM

No matter how you water it down, none of these big time coaches who've come back were worth a darn! 

That's not true.  Just one example:  **CENSORED** Vermeil walked away for quite a while then came back and won a superbowl with the Rams.    And most of the "big time" guys who come back are successful again.  They damn sure don't go 3-13.

None of it matters if you don't win it all...I guess since **CENSORED** did it you think the Chin will as well...ROFLMBAO!!!!  Loves that logic...Cmon Java, when you gonna put down the hate dawg?  It really doesn't become you...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#108 : January 04, 2010, 08:18:55 PM

I had a major change of heart about this whole situation the last couple of days. I originally backed Morris to stay for another season, but I now believe that getting a coach like Cowher would be the best possible thing to happen to this organization. Morris is a great defensive coordinator, but has made terrible coaching decisions. Those decisions have been forgotten because of the success he's had calling the defense. I thought long and hard about this, and I am split. Bringing a coach like Cowher along with his staff into the organization would add instant credibility and give us the best chance to succeed as an organization. I think it's a win-win situation no matter what happens.

My astute friend...go back and look at coaches making a come back that were former SB winners and tell me how they faired...You may change your mind again...

Go look at the good ones...

Vermeil Coached Philly to '80 Superbowl, retired in '82, came back '97, won the '99 Superbowl

Parcells won '86 & '90 Superbowl with Giants, retired - then came back to take Pat's to '96 AFC Championship, & took Jets to '98 AFC Championship game, retired, came back to Dallas in '03 & took them to NFC Chamionship in his 1st season

J.Johnson retired in '93, came back in '95 had Miami in play-offs in '97, '98 & '99

As Ryan noted - both of these were in New Orleans. The first owner of Saints, John Mecom, is teir version of Hugh Culverhouse. Tom Benson hired "Iron Mike" - clearly a mistake.

Stram

Ditka

Pretty impressive list? �Let me know what you dig up on these guys in their second chance for glory with another team... ;)

I think 3 repeat winners out of 5 - is a pretty good average. I'd definitely pick Cowher versus any other unknown.

If you think about it - looking at Baltimore hiring of Harbaugh, Miami's hiring of Sparano, and possibly Atlanta's hiring of Smith - you'd think the hiring of Raheem would have indicated instant success.

It didn't.

Cowher is a better bet.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#109 : January 04, 2010, 08:23:06 PM

Chev....all due respect....that's just ridiculous. I know you support Raheem and that's fine. I'm not a big Cowher lover but the argument you're presenting.....in the way it's being presented....makes no sense.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#110 : January 04, 2010, 08:25:44 PM

Great news and no surprise.  Looking forward to another solid draft and continued improvement.
hahaha...so your content with improvements? Rah Rah is a joke of a coach and this ownership will continue to fail to sell tickets

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#111 : January 05, 2010, 07:50:06 AM

Chev....all due respect....that's just ridiculous. I know you support Raheem and that's fine. I'm not a big Cowher lover but the argument you're presenting.....in the way it's being presented....makes no sense.

My argument makes about as much sense as those who want to make a change for the sake of change.  Cuz you don't like the guy.  Cuz you don't like his press conferences.  Because he should have never taken the job if he felt he wasn't ready. I mean come on. 

I support the Bucs and the people in the organization.  Even Frick and Frack.  Cuz I hope they get it right.  They ain't selling the team for peanuts and they know they have a cash cow. 

As for Rah, the Glazers messed up any chance at really evaluating this guy by medeling in places they shouldn't have.  For that alone they owe Rah the opportunity to do it on his terms.  If they'd have given him the authority and resources without these stupid edicts, I'd have nothing to say. This whole debacle would have been on both Rah and Dom and we all would be singing the same song.  But that wasn't the case and to blame them both or individually is ludacris...

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#112 : November 27, 2010, 11:31:15 AM

The only progress I see is that Morris should have been DC all along. He's too young to be head coach. He's in way over his head. The only thing these last few wins did was give the Glazers enough cover so they don't have to spend any money. You want to keep falling for their "rebuilding" bullcrap than you are a fool.

Our "franchise, potential HOF" QB threw 11 INTs in the past 4 weeks. This team beat a Seahawks team that is collapsing (Seattle got killed 48-10 by the Packers last week) and the Saints are choking and caught them off guard. What about the first Saints game where we got destroyed? Or the Jets game where it took until 6 minutes left in the THIRD quarter to get a first down (and had to come by penalty)? Don't those games count in the evaluation? Where was the "improvement" in those games?

This team will not sniff the playoffs until we get new owners. Im done paying these over-priced tickets for these cheap, inexperienced coaches coaching cheap, inexperienced players where 90% wouldnt start on any other team in this league. By retaining the status quo the Glazers are speaking loud and clear that they don't give a damn about this franchise anymore. It's back to the Culverhouse days.

If you are happy with 60% of the stadium filled with opponents fans and 3-12 records....Then I have some tickets to sell you.

There is no hope for this team. There is no hope at all. This coaching staff doesnt know what they are doing. The Glazers arnt spending any money (as if any free agents want to come to this disaster anyway). How can you feel good about this situation?

We had a chance to get a super bowl winning coach which would have brought instant legitimacy to the entire organization and we choose to stay with Raheem Morris? Are you f--- kidding me??? Im not paying for it. Im not wasting any more of my money on this crap. We are the joke of the league.

Awesome! Another season of bottom dwelling and near blackouts. Another season of embarrassing fan attendance at games and here's to an entire new arsenal of Raheem excuses!!!

Yaaayyyy for lousy ownership and crappy coaching!!

LOL @ the goobers citing "progress". Gruden haters will say anything to make Raheem look like the right coach for this team.

How much you want to bet we have another quiet free agency? There is no committment of money from ownership. They are bleeding it dry right now with the excuse that they are "rebuilding." They are offering no guaranteed money to any contract. The only reason we spent as much as we did last year was to get to the cap floor. There is no cap floor in 2010, so we may even get cheaper.

...and say good-bye to Antonio Bryant. There is absolutely no way the Glazers pay the guy what it would take to keep him here.

He sure was worth the 10mil we paid him this year. Not

Well...hope you enjoy a WR corp of Clayton, Stovall, Stroughter, and Clark.

That'll score touchdowns!

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#113 : November 27, 2010, 11:41:30 AM

We're DOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!11!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#114 : November 27, 2010, 11:44:18 AM

There is no hope for this team. There is no hope at all. This coaching staff doesnt know what they are doing. The Glazers arnt spending any money (as if any free agents want to come to this disaster anyway). How can you feel good about this situation?

We had a chance to get a super bowl winning coach which would have brought instant legitimacy to the entire organization and we choose to stay with Raheem Morris? Are you f--- kidding me??? Im not paying for it. Im not wasting any more of my money on this crap. We are the joke of the league.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#115 : November 27, 2010, 11:45:08 AM

Sweet!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#116 : November 27, 2010, 12:05:00 PM

Where has KrazyBuc been?

Garv

Hall of Famer
#117 : November 27, 2010, 12:08:56 PM

What a bunch of losers.
Gone like they should be and hopefully never to return.

Jack Wagons, the lot of 'em.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

Hate

Hall of Famer
#118 : November 27, 2010, 12:16:53 PM

Where has KrazyBuc been?

Skyway, perhaps?

-------------------------------------------------------

Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Bucs tell Morris and staff that they'll be back « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools