Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Bucs tell Morris and staff that they'll be back « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 03, 2010, 12:09:13 AM

If Morris and his staff were told they would be retained, does that mean that Dominik will have to be the sacrificial lamb for this sorry excuse of a season. ;) Actually, come to think of it, maybe this Texas sports radio dj brushed elbows with Dominik at the Oklahoma game in El Paso New Years Eve and he spilled the beans. Just a theory, if it is, in fact, correct.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 03, 2010, 12:11:15 AM

It's so funny how this board is so cool with this and the other board is raging right now.

I love it... I guess it means Olson is coming back... which I don't love... but can deal with I guess. I'm more excited about the direction of the defense... as everyone in Tampa knows all too well, defense wins championships!!

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 03, 2010, 12:14:34 AM

Sure glad RAW is the best option considering Shanny/Cowher are out there...cheap ownership!  If this report is legit RAW needs walked if we don't go to the playoffs next year!

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 03, 2010, 12:19:35 AM

Sure glad RAW is the best option considering Shanny/Cowher are out there...cheap ownership!  If this report is legit RAW needs walked if we don't go to the playoffs next year!

There's no other explanation right? lol

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 03, 2010, 12:20:04 AM

I'm all for Raheem to come back and try and further the progress of this team, but 3-13 or 4-12 ain't going to cut it. He needs to be at least a game away from .500 to get himself another year at best. Get us over 500 or in the playoffs, then we are in business. I'm all for Rich staying and Olsen too only based on the fact that it would be stupid to screw up the chemistry Freeman has with his coach. Hopefully he finds page 2 and on of the playbook. I really don't care if we have an active D- Coordinator because Raheem seems to know what he is doing.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 03, 2010, 12:22:50 AM

Absolutely amazing how 3-12 is now considered acceptable...

Guess I wont be renewing my tickets. Cheap ownership aint getting a dime more of my money.

Are you denying progress these past 8 weeks?

The only progress I see is that Morris should have been DC all along. He's too young to be head coach. He's in way over his head. The only thing these last few wins did was give the Glazers enough cover so they don't have to spend any money. You want to keep falling for their "rebuilding" bullcrap than you are a fool.

Our "franchise, potential HOF" QB threw 11 INTs in the past 4 weeks. This team beat a Seahawks team that is collapsing (Seattle got killed 48-10 by the Packers last week) and the Saints are choking and caught them off guard. What about the first Saints game where we got destroyed? Or the Jets game where it took until 6 minutes left in the THIRD quarter to get a first down (and had to come by penalty)? Don't those games count in the evaluation? Where was the "improvement" in those games?

This team will not sniff the playoffs until we get new owners. Im done paying these over-priced tickets for these cheap, inexperienced coaches coaching cheap, inexperienced players where 90% wouldnt start on any other team in this league. By retaining the status quo the Glazers are speaking loud and clear that they don't give a damn about this franchise anymore. It's back to the Culverhouse days.

If you are happy with 60% of the stadium filled with opponents fans and 3-12 records....Then I have some tickets to sell you.

weinberger83

Starter
#21 : January 03, 2010, 12:30:08 AM

cowher is going to ask for around 10 million and complete controll of the team thats another year rebuilding with a QB he didnt draft. they will break the team down even more. Im completely against that if he wants to coach fine but dont give him complete control of a team to do what he pleases

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 03, 2010, 12:40:45 AM

There is no hope for this team. There is no hope at all. This coaching staff doesnt know what they are doing. The Glazers arnt spending any money (as if any free agents want to come to this disaster anyway). How can you feel good about this situation?

We had a chance to get a super bowl winning coach which would have brought instant legitimacy to the entire organization and we choose to stay with Raheem Morris? Are you f--- kidding me??? Im not paying for it. Im not wasting any more of my money on this crap. We are the joke of the league.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 03, 2010, 12:44:54 AM

Ok, here is where this story originated. This is that McCarthy guy's twitter page. He is saying that Olson got a 2yr extension, which makes no sense in light of the fact that he got an extension already earlier this season when he was promoted.

Bill Cowher will not be coaching the Bucs next season. Offensive Coordinator Greg Olson just got 2 yr extension, coaching staff intact 2010.

source: http://twitter.com/mpifradio

SCLOBERNOCKER47

Practice Squad

#24 : January 03, 2010, 12:48:20 AM

Cyberdude... WE get it. You dont like Morris. Quit beating that horse already.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 03, 2010, 12:55:39 AM

Cyberdude... WE get it. You dont like Morris. Quit beating that horse already.

Cyberdude....

Gdubbz

Practice Squad

#26 : January 03, 2010, 01:04:54 AM

boooo

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 03, 2010, 01:05:07 AM

You better get used to it because you are going to hear a lot of it. Im not the only one who is pissed. I don't know one season ticket holder around me that is renewing next year. That stadium will be empty.

I think by now we are used to hearing just about anything 'round these parts..

Glad if this is all true :)

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

#28 : January 03, 2010, 01:16:34 AM

Report: Bucs tell Morris and staff that they'll be back

...as season ticket holders?  Or as waterboys?  Until it is official, that RM and co. are indeed sticking around then it is what it is.  Personally, I'm leaning closer to the notion of something different.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 03, 2010, 01:23:02 AM

Absolutely amazing how 3-12 is now considered acceptable...

Guess I wont be renewing my tickets. Cheap ownership aint getting a dime more of my money.

Same here.

But I believe it's more about the money than it is about "rebuilding", "continuity", or any other word they could use besides "cheap." I'm pretty sure they're going to keep Rah where he's at for a number of reasons, but they're biggest one is that they just don't have the money to do anything. The cap space alone tells me that.

IMO, if the owners do actually keep Rah, they'll have to sign more FA's to be competitive. Truth is, if Rah is ever going to prove his worth, if he has any, it'll be next season. The schedule seems a quite bit lighter than this season, and better players at the right spots might make the difference. Personally, I don't think he's HC material. At least not yet. Hopefully I'm wrong, and the guy learns by leaps and bounds, But then again, I've been saying that all season long.

The only improvement I've seen was the Saints win, and IMO that was very hard to judge by. They played badly, we got a few lucky breaks, and there seemed to be no real reason to get into hoopla about the playcalls. They were nearly identical as weeks before. They were going to "sit" on that win and the Bucs players said no. I have a hard time seeing how Rah did all that much to win it, as the PLAYERS made plays. Cowher would've done the same to them, if not worse.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Bucs tell Morris and staff that they'll be back « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools