Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Bucs tell Morris and staff that they'll be back « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 03, 2010, 01:29:38 AM

All the owners are moving their chips to 2011 (lockout) & 2012 (end of the world).

With that in mind, which would you rather do, as an owner? Spend $10 million on a big burly coach... or spend it like Eliot Spitzer?

;D :o ;D

#31 : January 03, 2010, 01:31:17 AM

All the owners are moving their chips to 2011 (lockout) & 2012 (end of the world).

;D :o ;D

Certainly has that writing on the wall.

TbayBucs

Pro Bowler

#32 : January 03, 2010, 01:39:41 AM

BOOOOOOOOOO.  What a freaking joke. I was hoping they would can his arse sunday night.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 03, 2010, 02:34:06 AM

I don't buy into this report at all.

How does some guy in Texas get info that nobody here in Fla can get?

Sources close to the action? Every Bucs fan in Florida is "close to the action" (closer than some radio guy in Texas anyway).

Someone is telling a Texas-sized whopper if ya ask me.

Creed

Second String

#34 : January 03, 2010, 02:54:46 AM

Question,

Does anyone else remember what happened to the last guy that made rumors about the Glazers making a decision (ie the guy reporting the Glazers may sell the team).

I don't buy this. And I think the same thing may happen to this guy.

Jon Gruden was overrated

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#35 : January 03, 2010, 03:51:56 AM

Ok, here is where this story originated. This is that McCarthy guy's twitter page. He is saying that Olson got a 2yr extension, which makes no sense in light of the fact that he got an extension already earlier this season when he was promoted.

Bill Cowher will not be coaching the Bucs next season. Offensive Coordinator Greg Olson just got 2 yr extension, coaching staff intact 2010.

Cool, looks like just speculation at this point.  Thanks for the update.

source: http://twitter.com/mpifradio

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 03, 2010, 03:57:24 AM

So - is this like the 2 year contract extension Jon Gruden got last year?

Incomparable sig by Incognito

BucsMagic64

Starter

#37 : January 03, 2010, 04:09:16 AM

Anyone remember the Tampa Trib report last year that Gruden would be back in 2009? Yeah, and that report was from someone in Tampa.

Not saying Raheem will or will not be back.....but this report is crap.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 03, 2010, 04:15:23 AM

Anyone remember the Tampa Trib report last year that Gruden would be back in 2009? Yeah, and that report was from someone in Tampa.

Not saying Raheem will or will not be back.....but this report is crap.
So - is this like the 2 year contract extension Jon Gruden got last year?

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#39 : January 03, 2010, 04:26:19 AM

I'm all for Raheem to come back and try and further the progress of this team, but 3-13 or 4-12 ain't going to cut it. He needs to be at least a game away from .500 to get himself another year at best. Get us over 500 or in the playoffs, then we are in business. I'm all for Rich staying and Olsen too only based on the fact that it would be stupid to screw up the chemistry Freeman has with his coach. Hopefully he finds page 2 and on of the playbook. I really don't care if we have an active D- Coordinator because Raheem seems to know what he is doing.

If this team develops the way I'm thinking they do and now with the needs blatantly obvious, there should be a big improvement next year. No excuses. There is no way you can deny the development of this team since Freeman took over as starting QB.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#40 : January 03, 2010, 04:28:22 AM

Absolutely amazing how 3-12 is now considered acceptable...

Guess I wont be renewing my tickets. Cheap ownership aint getting a dime more of my money.

If this turns out to be true, Cya..... and Java too. LMAO!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 03, 2010, 04:39:42 AM

What will be interesting to me is if we go with a couple of big guys at the tackle position in order to collapse the pocket and stop the run - not expecting sacks from the DT's - just to have them clog the middle and collapse the pocket - allowing for the swifter DE's to make plays when the opposing QB or RB's are forced outside...?

and I wonder if we'll target a bigger MLB that can move (Brandon Spikes?) to fill against the run and provide QB pressure from time to time?

...I also wonder if we'll flex more into man coverage in the secondary to take advantage of the collapsed pokets or broken plays and the resulting poor throws down-field from a panicky QB making hurried throws?

You know...Bates system.

I know I'll be watching to see if Raheem is this back-stabbing coach that rips-off the ideas of smarter men (former coordinators), after he fires them...

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#42 : January 03, 2010, 07:42:35 AM

Absolutely amazing how 3-12 is now considered acceptable...

Guess I wont be renewing my tickets. Cheap ownership aint getting a dime more of my money.

If this turns out to be true, Cya..... and Java too. LMAO!!!

+1

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#43 : January 03, 2010, 07:44:46 AM

+2

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

BucFanOcala

Starter

#44 : January 03, 2010, 08:04:44 AM

LOts of black outs next year..
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Bucs tell Morris and staff that they'll be back « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools