Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Free Agents to Pursue? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#15 : October 18, 2006, 11:52:21 AM

most of those better guys will be re-signed by their original teams. i'd be shocked if freeney or briggs hit the market

The two you mentioned are unrestricted, though.  I could see Freeney testing the market, just because I don't think that the Colts have the money available to throw at him.  I think Briggs is more likely to stay with the Bears than Freeney is with the Colts.

#16 : October 18, 2006, 11:55:33 AM

http://nflpa.org/Resources/ActivePlayerSearch.aspx

Cool, thanks for that link.  You can search for any player's contract there.

coopsxx

Starter
#17 : October 18, 2006, 12:03:31 PM

Anthony Davis is better than Leonard Davis

AD has been great this year

#18 : October 18, 2006, 12:07:02 PM

Lance Briggs would be great in our D. And if we somehow sign Dwight Freeny, we could trade Rice for a 1st.[/wishful thinking]

frankbuc

Second String
#19 : October 18, 2006, 01:23:30 PM

isnt adrian wilson (sp) the cardinals saftey going to be a FA???? anyone?

#20 : October 18, 2006, 01:50:08 PM

isnt adrian wilson (sp) the cardinals saftey going to be a FA???? anyone?

He's signed through 2009.

http://nflpa.org/Resources/ActivePlayerSearch.aspx?id=30135

frankbuc

Second String
#21 : October 18, 2006, 01:53:14 PM

ahh my mistake thanks for the information

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 18, 2006, 02:00:45 PM

Briggs and Freeney would be huge.  I think they could be the only 2 players this team should really go after this offseason.  Other then those two guys the other posistion could be taken care of in the draft.  A first round DT, 2nd rounds S, and a 2nd round CB and this team is ready to build another solid D for a long time to comes.  We could even trade Rice for a 1 or second round pick and grab another top notch player.  Our Dline would then look like this: Freeney/Pick/Hovan/White I think that would be a mean line for years to come.  The LB's could be:  Briggs/Rudd/Brooks with Q and Nece as subs.  Wow, I am starting to get excited just thinking about it.

simms22

Second String

#23 : October 18, 2006, 03:45:23 PM

We are due to pay Rice around 7 million next year, i say we get a draft pick with him in the offseason and heavily pursue freeney with that money.

coopsxx

Starter
#24 : October 18, 2006, 03:48:06 PM

AM i the only one who thinks its 99% assured that both teams will re-sign Freeney and Briggs

simms22

Second String

#25 : October 18, 2006, 03:54:10 PM

AM i the only one who thinks its 99% assured that both teams will re-sign Freeney and Briggs
you never know but i think the chance of them signing somewhere else is very slim unless someone offers a ridiculous amount of money.

#26 : October 18, 2006, 03:54:30 PM

Do the Colts have the cash, that's my question.  I'm not sure that they do.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 18, 2006, 03:55:05 PM

The Colts do not have much cap space next year and have a lot of defensive players they have to re-sign as well as players on offense.  Their cap situation is not looking good to the point they may cut Doss and many other players. Cato June's future is up in the air as well as Corey Simon and what will they do with Booger?   They have a lot of tough decisions to make on defense and I have not even started on the offense.   Doss if cut and available should be a priority for the Bucs to sign. 

Briggs is looking for mega money and the Bears may be reluctant to do that considering Urlacher is on the team and that may be a point of friction down the road.

#28 : October 18, 2006, 04:02:31 PM

The Colts do not have much cap space next year and have a lot of defensive players they have to re-sign as well as players on offense.  Their cap situation is not looking good to the point they may cut Doss and many other players. Cato June's future is up in the air as well as Corey Simon and what will they do with Booger?   They have a lot of tough decisions to make on defense and I have not even started on the offense.   Doss if cut and available should be a priority for the Bucs to sign. 

Briggs is looking for mega money and the Bears may be reluctant to do that considering Urlacher is on the team and that may be a point of friction down the road.

Right, with the addition of Booger, this may be their last year...talk about a fire sale. ;)

fbickley

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 18, 2006, 04:13:37 PM

I like the Idea of the OT.  Briggs would be nice too, but what would we do with Brooks?  As for Freeney, I'd rather have a good DT and live with Simeon and White.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Free Agents to Pursue? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools