Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Free Agents to Pursue? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #30 : October 18, 2006, 04:16:15 PM »

I too would rather have a good DT than Freeney but since the Cards extended Dockett I do not see a DT worth pursuing via free agency this off season unfortunately.  Rocky Bernard was available this year and received a modest deal to re-sign with the Hawks.  Oh well.  :-

simms22

Second String

« #31 : October 18, 2006, 04:17:42 PM »

i think DT we definitely need to get through the draft, i dont see anyone thats going to be a FA that is worth getting excited over.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #32 : October 18, 2006, 04:18:13 PM »

Right, with the addition of Booger, this may be their last year...talk about a fire sale. ;)

I don't think Booger will be a big problem for them.  Since we ate his SB, they could cut him and not take any kind of cap hit.  Most likely he will restructure there for a cap-friendly deal.

xDARKOx

Pro Bowler

« #33 : October 18, 2006, 04:23:02 PM »

Briggs wont stay with chicago, he wants big time money.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

« #34 : October 18, 2006, 04:35:10 PM »

AM i the only one who thinks its 99% assured that both teams will re-sign Freeney and Briggs

Like others have stated both of these guys will need some jack.  The Colts are not in a position to give Freeney the money that he will want and the Bucs could get rid of Rice and give Freeney the money.  We could probably get a 1st for rice before the draft but we can atleast get a second.

If the Bears were going to sign Briggs they would have mad it a priority over the offseason.  How do you let a guy like that even see the open market, maybe the franchise him, but if they don't he could end up here also. 

DT could be had in round 1 and with our pick we should be able to get the number one DT on the board.

I think that if this team got Briggs they could move Brooks to the other side and let him play out his career. 

I also think that we are set right now with a OT's.  I like the steady improvement of Davis and Trueblood will do nothing but improve next offseason.  We may bring in a midlevel FA and use a low draft pick on a high risk/high reward type player. 

« #35 : October 18, 2006, 04:41:26 PM »

Like others have stated both of these guys will need some jack.  The Colts are not in a position to give Freeney the money that he will want and the Bucs could get rid of Rice and give Freeney the money.  We could probably get a 1st for rice before the draft but we can atleast get a second.

Well, I'd say at least a 3rd rounder.  We'll see...

rocko23

Hall of Famer
« #36 : October 18, 2006, 04:55:24 PM »

with the right moves our D will be back sooner then later ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

« #37 : October 18, 2006, 04:59:02 PM »

you have to look for the next Simeon rice.. someone good on a bad team..

People like Briggs and freeny are on a team that is either championship material or close.. so they might not tend to leave unless they are edge and do it for the money.. but then again he isn't putting up good numbers for that cash.

I'd rather take a guy that's good but on a bad team and over looked. I think we got one yesterday in Buchanan..

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #38 : October 18, 2006, 05:02:03 PM »

yeah, thought I read somewhere Briggs is not happy and Chi isn't going to give him what he wants.  I think it would be a good idea.  Much rather go with Briggs than a Rook next year.  Don't wan't to watch us struggle with an "all Rook" movement on D next year.

insert silly question here Could Brooks move over to SLB and extend his playing time a couple years?

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

« #39 : October 18, 2006, 05:10:45 PM »

I want Mike Lewis and Lance Briggs!

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Free Agents to Pursue? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools