Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs in contract talks with Napolean HArris? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

« : March 02, 2007, 01:50:59 PM »

Patrick Chukwurah
Chukwurah’s agent said he is in active negotiations with the Bucs and is hopeful a deal will get done very soon, perhaps before the day and certainly before the weekend is out.
---------------------------------------------
Luke Petitgout and Napoleon Harris
Things are happening fast and furious over at One Buc Place. Not only are they talking contract with Napoleon Harris, they’re also in negotiations with extackle Luke Petitgout.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C546/

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

« #1 : March 02, 2007, 01:58:11 PM »

Harris could look like a nice pickup for the Bucs. He did OK at MLB for the Vikings and his true position is OLB.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #2 : March 02, 2007, 02:03:04 PM »

HELL YEAH BABY!!!

Good to hear! We need Steinbach if at all possible and a freaking safety!!!

Get it done Bruce and Jon!

Baghead #2

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #3 : March 02, 2007, 02:14:17 PM »

Can he play weakside?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

75buc

Rookie

« #4 : March 02, 2007, 02:15:58 PM »

boy....the Bucs sure are making alot of moves early.hope they are the right ones.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

« #5 : March 02, 2007, 02:18:29 PM »

I don't think we're getting Steinbach.  He's going to the Brown's before Tampa.  With that he may not make it all the way to us.  Hope so//////////1

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #6 : March 02, 2007, 02:20:25 PM »

Can he play weakside?

I think he's just an MLB. He's not got the lateral range you'd want in our WLB. He wasn't all that great as an MLB in the Tampa system last year in MIN.
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302200/gamelogs/2006

He's a good backup type player, he's got nice straightline speed so he should be good on teams.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #7 : March 02, 2007, 02:27:31 PM »

Can he play weakside?

I think he's just an MLB. He's not got the lateral range you'd want in our WLB. He wasn't all that great as an MLB in the Tampa system last year in MIN.
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302200/gamelogs/2006

He's a good backup type player, he's got nice straightline speed so he should be good on teams.

Could also compete at SAM

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #8 : March 02, 2007, 02:30:03 PM »

Could also compete at SAM

Might be able too. If anyone recall the Super Bowl he was the guy that in Q1 was planting Brad all the time. He's got great downhill speed. I'm shocked that a team that does more blitzing isn't looking at him.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #9 : March 02, 2007, 02:31:52 PM »

With Ruud being Q's heir apparent and the devalued nature of the strongside backer, it doens't sound like he'd be much use in Tampa.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

« #10 : March 02, 2007, 02:40:56 PM »

With Ruud being Q's heir apparent and the devalued nature of the strongside backer, it doens't sound like he'd be much use in Tampa.

The point of using your salary cap money is to find ways to improve the team. SLB might be an ungalmorous job, but Harris could bring the threat of a blitz when he's one the field. With Quarles possibly being gone, Harris would also provide the team with depth.

JC510

Practice Squad

« #11 : March 02, 2007, 02:55:39 PM »

I don't understand the Harris move unless they want to move Ruud to WLB as the heir to Brooks.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #12 : March 02, 2007, 02:57:57 PM »

I don't understand the Harris move unless they want to move Ruud to WLB as the heir to Brooks.

Backup....plus, I'm guessing Ruud has stone cold lead pipe locked the MLB spot.

Shag

Pro Bowler

« #13 : March 02, 2007, 03:01:30 PM »

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2002/profiles/harris_napoleon.htm

Sounds like he could play DE maybe as a pass rusher.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

« #14 : March 02, 2007, 03:06:28 PM »

Backup....plus, I'm guessing Ruud has stone cold lead pipe locked the MLB spot.

They needed linebackers before Quarles' retirement talk, and they need them even more now. Harris is one of the few inexpensive good options because he can probably successfully play 2 lb positions. This is the kind of free agent I like - steady, experienced but young, probably inexpensive guy who can fill a hole so that you don't have to force things in the draft.
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs in contract talks with Napolean HArris? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools