Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs in contract talks with Napolean HArris? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 02, 2007, 03:23:43 PM

They needed linebackers before Quarles' retirement talk, and they need them even more now. Harris is one of the few inexpensive good options because he can probably successfully play 2 lb positions. This is the kind of free agent I like - steady, experienced but young, probably inexpensive guy who can fill a hole so that you don't have to force things in the draft.

There's nothing wrong with Harris. If Ruud goes down you aren't having Wesley Mallard nightmares or something like that.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 02, 2007, 03:25:20 PM

Is Harris necessarily going to be cheap? My initial impression is he would entitle more than a low level contract.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 02, 2007, 03:25:41 PM

They needed linebackers before Quarles' retirement talk, and they need them even more now. Harris is one of the few inexpensive good options because he can probably successfully play 2 lb positions. This is the kind of free agent I like - steady, experienced but young, probably inexpensive guy who can fill a hole so that you don't have to force things in the draft.

There's nothing wrong with Harris. If Ruud goes down you aren't having Wesley Mallard nightmares or something like that.

Exactly. Those Wesley Mallard nightmares are extremely frightening, I might add.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 02, 2007, 03:26:06 PM

Hey maybe Harris beats out Ruud. Anyone every think of that? If I want depth I draft someone or bring in a low budget MLB not a FA starter that played MLB for the #1 rush defense in the NFL. I think its competition at that position, just MHO.

Baghead #2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 02, 2007, 03:26:15 PM

Is Harris necessarily going to be cheap? My initial impression is he would entitle more than a low level contract.

I'm guessing $2m per year or so. He'll cost more than the man we all assume he's gonna backup.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

75buc

Rookie

#20 : March 02, 2007, 03:27:02 PM

Grasping at straws.Rediculous.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 02, 2007, 03:27:20 PM

Hey maybe Harris beats out Ruud. Anyone every think of that? If I want depth I draft someone or bring in a low budget MLB not a FA starter that played MLB for the #1 rush defense in the NFL. I think its competition at that position, just MHO.

That'd be a bad sign becuase it makes Ruud not then man and a missed high R2 pick. Harris is a nice bullpen guy but if he's your ace at MLB then something isn't going well.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 02, 2007, 03:27:30 PM

Maybe not in normal terms, but relative to a cap that's jumped roughly 25% over the last 2 years, probably very manageable.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 02, 2007, 05:12:28 PM

Napolean Harris plays what position? I hope its strong side..

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 02, 2007, 05:13:10 PM

MLB in both OAK and MIN.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 02, 2007, 05:14:33 PM

He played MLB in Minnesota last year, but I think he's played outside mostly. Not sure if it's SAM or WILL

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 02, 2007, 05:15:31 PM

so we move Rudd to Sam?

I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 02, 2007, 05:20:49 PM

so we move Rudd to Sam?

Harris becomes our backup. He's not that good if you look at his history. Ruud should be our #1 and Harris the backup, again, unless Ruud isn't gonna be the man and then we've got other issues.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 02, 2007, 05:23:59 PM

So even though was just signed a Linebacker we are going to pay him to backup? Unless the guy we just signed is a pass rusher every down or special teamer. w/e im just glad we are making moves from the jump

#29 : March 02, 2007, 05:33:07 PM

if you're talking about Chuk, yes....he's a STer.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs in contract talks with Napolean HArris? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools