Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freemans development & Play of Defense may force team to draft offense in first « previous next »
Page: 1 2

luke99

Starter

: January 03, 2010, 03:57:56 PM

Looks like we need to draft a REAL QB

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#1 : January 03, 2010, 03:47:29 PM

Ehh this game is bringing the need for D back up again, Snelling is destroying us.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 03, 2010, 02:56:56 PM

With the way the defense has played since Morris has taken over play calling duties and the inconsistency the offense has shown from quarter to quarter, half to half and game to game when you consider what Morris has stated in the past about everything the franchise does has to have Freeman's development at the forefront of every decision the team makes and the production and contract status of the teams receivers I see a case where the team would draft Dez Bryant after possibly trading down some with a team like the Redskins or Seahawks so if the Rams due in fact draft Suh they would have their pick of a potential face of a franchise in Clausen or Bradford.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#3 : January 03, 2010, 02:59:17 PM

Could definitely see it.... out of necessity we need a good DT and a pass rushing DE, both of which can be had in round 2...

I would love to end up with Spiller or Dez, we absolutely need playmakers.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 03, 2010, 03:01:51 PM

With the way the defense has played since Morris has taken over play calling duties and the inconsistency the offense has shown from quarter to quarter, half to half and game to game when you consider what Morris has stated in the past about everything the franchise does has to have Freeman's development at the forefront of every decision the team makes and the production and contract status of the teams receivers I see a case where the team would draft Dez Bryant after possibly trading down some with a team like the Redskins or Seahawks so if the Rams due in fact draft Suh they would have their pick of a potential face of a franchise in Clausen or Bradford.

Do you realize that statement, as long as it is, has only one comma and one period at the end?

I can't even read that and get meaning out of it man, run onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn...

carry on.                                                                                                               

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 03, 2010, 03:02:27 PM

highly unlikely.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#6 : January 03, 2010, 03:02:44 PM

We need to replace e-Mack at some point during the draft also.

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#7 : January 03, 2010, 04:05:10 PM

I wish we could just draft for both lines, because we could fix a lot with better running offense and defense, but they might as well just go straight BPA; they need a lot more than one draft will give.

thanson

Starter

#8 : January 03, 2010, 05:36:04 PM

...and with the 4th round in the 2010 draft, the Tampa Bay Bucs select the enitre Alabama Offense

JC510

Practice Squad

#9 : January 03, 2010, 05:53:34 PM

Despite the good play of the defense Sabby, Hovan and Sims were still stinking it up. Dominik cannot leave the draft without Suh, Berry or McCoy.

kbl11

Starter

#10 : January 03, 2010, 06:01:33 PM

the inconsistency the offense has shown from quarter to quarter, half to half and game to game

Thats because we have a 21 year old QB. The defense is still this teams problem, other than inexperience and lack of maturity at the QB position. We desperately need 2 DLmen

littlericky

Starter
#11 : January 03, 2010, 06:05:27 PM

I had no problem reading you post.  It does raise a good question. Besides DT  we have some big holes on offense we need to fill also badly. If you want to be a power run team you at least need one true deep threat, also would not mind taking some o-line depth.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 03, 2010, 06:06:14 PM

Defense wins championships. We need to go all out in this off-season. We aren't good enough to win games because the defense can't consistently stop the run game and force teams to be 1 dimensional.

PewterG@tor

Starter
#13 : January 03, 2010, 07:17:08 PM

It has crossed my mind as well the last few weeks that they may just grab some offensive firepower.  I wouldn't be opposed to dropping down to the teens and picking up another 2nd rounder.  This would simply not happen if we could just package our pick (probably #3 overall) and next year's 1st to jump up and get Suh.  But since he'll be gone by #3, it's a moot point unless it turns out he's developed a drug habit or something.

Bash

Practice Squad

#14 : January 03, 2010, 10:52:48 PM

Have to disagree with this assessment. The Bucs could draft an offensive player in the first, but with all the Bucs' needs, they aren't forced to go offense.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freemans development & Play of Defense may force team to draft offense in first « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools