Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING NEWS: BUCS INTERESTED IN STINCHCOMB « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

marlevr

Second String
#15 : March 02, 2007, 02:45:31 PM

When the hell is Gruden/Muir gonna realize you don't just switch a player at the offensive tackle position-an be succesful?

All this talking about moving him to LT started here, it's all speculation from a poster. Gruden never said that, please!!

magicfan39126

Pro Bowler

#16 : March 02, 2007, 02:47:31 PM

Pasquerelli on Stinch:

Played in only 10 games his first three seasons. Earned a starting berth in 2006 and performed well in the Saints' resurgent season. Not the most physical blocker around and actually might be better playing the left side for some teams.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#17 : March 02, 2007, 02:48:52 PM

OK let me re-phrase that why talk to anyone who is going to command more than a ninimum salary? And I agree on Trueblood but the Bucs made their bed with him and have to ride it out with him.

Because eventually you have to improve you team with young up and coming talent instead of old retreads. You can't pay every FA league minimum, at least not the good ones.

JC510

Practice Squad

#18 : March 02, 2007, 02:51:27 PM

If an offensive lineman is not a center of left tackle by trade, why are the Bucs talking to them?

Because you need competition for RT. Trueblood didn't exactly solidify himself as the starter.

Yes, he did.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 02, 2007, 02:53:06 PM

OK let me re-phrase that why talk to anyone who is going to command more than a ninimum salary? And I agree on Trueblood but the Bucs made their bed with him and have to ride it out with him.
Because eventually you have to improve you team with young up and coming talent instead of old retreads. You can't pay every FA league minimum, at least not the good ones.
That's exactly what my point was. My original question was "If an offensive lineman is not a center of left tackle by trade, why are the Bucs talking to them?". Because the Bucs already spent a 2nd round pick at RT, a 1st at RG, and a 4th at LG, why would you spend more than a minimum contract for another player at one of those positions?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#20 : March 02, 2007, 02:54:20 PM

If an offensive lineman is not a center of left tackle by trade, why are the Bucs talking to them?

Because you need competition for RT. Trueblood didn't exactly solidify himself as the starter.

Yes, he did.

You honestly believe that Trueblood should be uncontested starter at RT next year?

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#21 : March 02, 2007, 02:58:06 PM

That's exactly what my point was. My original question was "If an offensive lineman is not a center of left tackle by trade, why are the Bucs talking to them?". Because the Bucs already spent a 2nd round pick at RT, a 1st at RG, and a 4th at LG, why would you spend more than a minimum contract for another player at one of those positions?

Because we have little depth along the OL and we have money to spend. LT is not going to be a position that we can fill via FA, but we might find a decent starter/backup. There aren't many centers on the market either. My guess is that both position may be addressed in the draft.

JC510

Practice Squad

#22 : March 02, 2007, 03:01:45 PM

Yes, he did.

You honestly believe that Trueblood should be uncontested starter at RT next year?

Yes. 100%.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#23 : March 02, 2007, 03:05:47 PM

Yes, he did.

Yes. 100%.

You're entitled to that opinion. I for one don't think he should enter training camp as the uncontested starter, he just did not play that well.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 02, 2007, 03:07:34 PM

You're entitled to that opinion. I for one don't think he should enter training camp as the uncontested starter, he just did not play that well.
Of course he didn't but in my mind Gruden is going to have to live with his lousy picks on offense and throw a serious bone to the defense.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#25 : March 02, 2007, 03:09:27 PM

Of course he didn't but in my mind Gruden is going to have to live with his lousy picks on offense and throw a serious bone to the defense.

Okay FRG, what defensive FA should they be targeting that you can consider a serious bone?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 02, 2007, 03:12:16 PM

Okay FRG, what defensive FA should they be targeting that you can consider a serious bone?
The only worthwhile free agents seem to be at safety. I'm mostly talking about the draft.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#27 : March 02, 2007, 03:14:36 PM

The only worthwhile free agents seem to be at safety. I'm mostly talking about the draft.

Why should Gruden simply live with his draft picks if he can improve through FA especially considering the money that's available. Plugging holes along the OL now, means more attention can be placed on the defense come April.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#28 : March 02, 2007, 03:16:43 PM

Good point. 3/4 of day 1 on defense.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 02, 2007, 03:24:24 PM

Why should Gruden simply live with his draft picks if he can improve through FA especially considering the money that's available. Plugging holes along the OL now, means more attention can be placed on the defense come April.
Because you can only afford to pay your starters. Backups with big contracts are the first to get cut. While there may be money now, you're going to need it one day to re-sign players assuming we can actually draft some that are worth a crap.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING NEWS: BUCS INTERESTED IN STINCHCOMB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools