Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Worst 4 Teams by Record Every Year Should Have Lottery for their Pick Order « previous next »
Page: 1

SCOUT

Starter

: January 04, 2010, 12:55:21 AM

It would prevent teams from sandbagging like St Louis which put their whole team on IR and did not even practice due to "swine flu". 

This year has been an example of why change is needed.  They need to go to the NBA Style for the top pick.  It really has gotten out of hand.

Anyone agree?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 04, 2010, 01:03:32 AM

Completely agree.  But why stop at 4? 

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 04, 2010, 01:08:08 AM

Yeah...do top 10. That's a nice round number...and would keep teams from tanking at the end of the year.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 04, 2010, 01:11:00 AM

Yeah...do top 10. That's a nice round number...and would keep teams from tanking at the end of the year.
Top 10 is too many, IMO.

There are teams that do not belong in the top 10.

I say add one to the number.  Top 5 would be fine.  It should be done.

Swine flu my anus.  That just proves to me that the Rams are taking Suh, and will not suit any offers, unless they are off the charts.

We all know Detroit and Tampa are not in the hunt for a QB, but that swine flu episode just reeked of "tank job".

SCOUT

Starter

#4 : January 04, 2010, 01:25:20 AM

I love the "Tank Job" reference.  I think Top 5 Makes sense.  There is a big difference between bottom 5 and bottom 6-10.  Stop at 5.  The league's GMs have "cheated" to move up in the draft.  Their needs to be a panel to review fantom IR's in the bottom 10 teams too in the last 5 weeks of the season.  These are suggestions.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#5 : January 04, 2010, 01:39:30 AM

The league absolutely needs a lottery system in place for ALL teams that miss the playoffs. If the NBA does anything right, its the lottery system. The worse you are the higher probability of getting the #1 pick.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#6 : January 04, 2010, 02:03:41 AM

I hate the lottery system with a passion, it's one of the primary reasons the same teams are at the bottom of the NBA every year...

I hate what SL has basically done, however I don't know if Lotto is the way I want to go.

tampabay-alltheway

Rookie

#7 : January 04, 2010, 02:55:50 AM

I hate the lottery system with a passion, it's one of the primary reasons the same teams are at the bottom of the NBA every year...

I hate what SL has basically done, however I don't know if Lotto is the way I want to go.

agreed. lottery sucks, and we're always gonna get the worst of it no matter what..

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 04, 2010, 04:10:10 AM

I hate the lottery system, it only works for basketball because they have so many more games. In the nfl, most worse teams are a game or even less apart.

I would have hate for us to go 1-15 this year and pick 5th or something ridiculous.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 04, 2010, 07:06:07 AM

No lottery for me either.  Whether we pick #1 or #5 really doesn't matter.  Name me a player who has gone #1 in the last 10 years that has had Sapp, Peyton, Brady, type of years?
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Worst 4 Teams by Record Every Year Should Have Lottery for their Pick Order « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools