Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DE Patrick Chukwurah signed to a five-year, $5.5 million contract. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bucs1

Practice Squad
#15 : March 02, 2007, 04:04:49 PM

How do you pronounce his name?

marlevr

Second String
#16 : March 02, 2007, 04:05:29 PM

P A T R I C K

j/k

bucs1

Practice Squad
#17 : March 02, 2007, 04:06:04 PM

P A T R I C K

j/k

LOL, No I meant his last name.

#18 : March 02, 2007, 04:09:01 PM

Will his nickname be "Chewy"?  Or Chewbunka.  Ladyfan=master of the obvious
                                                                                                                                                                                       name should be Numchuck

marlevr

Second String
#19 : March 02, 2007, 04:09:56 PM

From PFT.com

CHUKWURAH TO BUCS?

We're hearing rumblings that linebacker Patrick Chukwurah has signed with the Buccaneers.

The total package, we're told, is five year, $27.5 million.  But that just seems ridiculously high to us.

We're trying to get confirmation.  Stay tuned.

(We realize a "real" journalist wouldn't post this story without confirmation.  But since we're not "real" journalist we "real"ly don't give a crap.)

This can't be true, that's a lot of jack for a 3rd down/ST player.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#20 : March 02, 2007, 04:15:07 PM

Well, consider that he had a .5 sack fewer than DeWayne White despite just being a situational pass rusher, and White is reportedly seeking $5 million per, and it doesn't seem out of wack.

marlevr

Second String
#21 : March 02, 2007, 04:20:02 PM

From PFT:

POSTED 4:15 p.m. EST, March 2, 2007

CHUKWURAH TO BUCS CONFIRMED

Roy Cummings of the Tampa Tribune (see, Roy, it's not hard to give credit where it's due) reports that the Bucs have landed linebacker/defensive end Patrick Chukwurah.

The deal is for five years, $5.5 million.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 02, 2007, 04:26:26 PM

6'1 250 llbs he's very undersized and situational. Only 69 tackles in 7 years so you can see he's not an every down type guy. Still, we're looking for pass rush and this guy can apparently do that based on last year. I'm assuming he's not an even $1.1m per year so he's < $1m and it is hard to argue with.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 02, 2007, 04:29:43 PM

6'1 250 llbs he's very undersized and situational. Only 69 tackles in 7 years so you can see he's not an every down type guy. Still, we're looking for pass rush and this guy can apparently do that based on last year. I'm assuming he's not an even $1.1m per year so he's < $1m and it is hard to argue with.

For awhile he was just a back up to Ian Gold, Al Wilson, and co., and an ace on special teams. I don't think they started using him like an end until very recently.

It's a very Pats-like move.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 02, 2007, 04:39:32 PM

Bravo, Bruce. Bravo.

#25 : March 02, 2007, 04:44:49 PM

Well, consider that he had a .5 sack fewer than DeWayne White despite just being a situational pass rusher, and White is reportedly seeking $5 million per, and it doesn't seem out of wack.

????

Chuk isnt on Whites level. You werent serious right?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 02, 2007, 04:47:18 PM

Hmmm, considering what actual DE's are getting...

$5.5M x 5 years = $27.5M. I can see where that number came from.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 02, 2007, 04:51:24 PM

????

Chuk isnt on Whites level. You werent serious right?

Overall, I agree - my point was simply that the Bucs were getting good value.

He may not be as complete an end as D-White, but he's also probably going to cost $4 million less per year if the $5 million/year stuff is accurate; and it's even better value if White gets some of the insane Kelsay, J. Smith, type deals.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 02, 2007, 05:04:01 PM

Depth for Linebacker and probably situational pass rusher

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 02, 2007, 05:06:08 PM

Chuk isn't a great signing. I mean no one out there is going "Oh crap, the Bucs got Chuck". He's a useful player and the 4th man in your DE rotation. I don't think his signing has any affect on draft or other FA DE's at all.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DE Patrick Chukwurah signed to a five-year, $5.5 million contract. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools