Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DE Patrick Chukwurah signed to a five-year, $5.5 million contract. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 02, 2007, 05:07:41 PM

Chuk isn't a great signing. I mean no one out there is going "Oh crap, the Bucs got Chuck". He's a useful player and the 4th man in your DE rotation. I don't think his signing has any affect on draft or other FA DE's at all.

Agreed. Not a great signing, but a good one for the price. Depth, plus he bolster's ST.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 02, 2007, 05:08:38 PM

Agreed. Not a great signing, but a good one for the price. Depth, plus he bolster's ST.

Right, his teams role is another thing.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#32 : March 02, 2007, 05:10:35 PM

Chuk isn't a great signing. I mean no one out there is going "Oh crap, the Bucs got Chuck". He's a useful player and the 4th man in your DE rotation. I don't think his signing has any affect on draft or other FA DE's at all.

Agreed - he's a guy with some versatility, but he's not going to play 3 downs for us at DE. I'm not sure - outside of signing Steinbach - that anybody we could pick up in free agency would preclude us from drafting somebody at the same position in the draft. The quality is just not there this year. :-X

#33 : March 02, 2007, 05:11:06 PM

Right, I think he was a 5th or 6th DE for the Donkeys. Agree, solid signing, won't affect draft.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 02, 2007, 05:12:04 PM

Agreed - he's a guy with some versatility, but he's not going to play 3 downs for us at DE. I'm not sure - outside of signing Steinbach - that anybody we could pick up in free agency would preclude us from drafting somebody at the same position in the draft. The quality is just not there this year. :-X

A couple of S's or Graham at TE were about the only draft changers other than Steinbach.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

#35 : March 02, 2007, 06:06:02 PM

Might we work him in at SAM?

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#36 : March 02, 2007, 06:40:51 PM

I like the deal. Not too much for an up-and-coming DE, who can spell whoever our starting DE's are next year in certain passing downs. Also, Coyer knows the guy inside out, and hes still young.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

#37 : March 02, 2007, 08:21:41 PM

he should be a LB that is it

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 02, 2007, 09:46:20 PM

Ouch,Coyer knows best

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

#39 : March 02, 2007, 09:49:22 PM

he should be a backup LB on either side
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DE Patrick Chukwurah signed to a five-year, $5.5 million contract. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools