Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Falcons just signed OVIE MUGHELLI to a 6 yr $18M contract « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 02, 2007, 04:51:37 PM

Wow, i was wondering why he signed so fast. WOW

#16 : March 02, 2007, 04:58:55 PM

In other news, Falcons released LB Ed HArtwell who Rich McKay signed to a lucrative FA contract in 2005. I actually remember hearing that deal was fully guaranteed at the time.

This guy is going to have so much egg on his face. Vick, Hartwell, this FB, Abraham

140BPM

Practice Squad

#17 : March 02, 2007, 05:06:20 PM

It's obvious our defense must get bigger since Petrino is installing the Power O, which is clearly our D's weakness.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 02, 2007, 05:11:34 PM

Two words. Stupid money. Jeez McKay. This much money for a blocking FB. It would have been cheaper to keep Griffith, a player who already knows your offensive system.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 02, 2007, 05:13:10 PM

Two words. Stupid money. Jeez McKay. This much money for a blocking FB. It would have been cheaper to keep Griffith, a player who already knows your offensive system.

It looks like they are installing a new offensive system

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 02, 2007, 05:14:15 PM

Lo Neal got more than this. We're likely gonna have to offer Griffith something like this. New market, new money. Everything looks crazy if you sign someone.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 02, 2007, 05:15:36 PM

In other news, Falcons released LB Ed HArtwell who Rich McKay signed to a lucrative FA contract in 2005. I actually remember hearing that deal was fully guaranteed at the time.

This guy is going to have so much egg on his face. Vick, Hartwell, this FB, Abraham

I like RW's take on it:

A textbook example of free agency gone wrong. Hartwell got a huge deal to sign in Atlanta just two years ago after being a complimentary player in Baltimore.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 02, 2007, 05:17:26 PM

Lo Neal got more than this.

When? He signed a 3-year, $5.1 million deal. That's $1.7 million a season. Mughelli got 6 years, $18 million.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 02, 2007, 05:20:00 PM

When? He signed a 3-year, $5.1 million deal. That's $1.7 million a season. Mughelli got 6 years, $18 million.

My bad, I thought he got $5.1m per year, not total.

OK, the market for FB's hasn't gone haywire yet so that deal of Ovie is way out of line for the market.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

shall555

Starter

#24 : March 02, 2007, 05:24:49 PM

OK, the market for FB's hasn't gone haywire yet so that deal of Ovie is way out of line for the market.

Thank you, McKay for boosting the asking price for one of the cheapest positions to fill on a team. A position that is dying in the NFL. A $5 million dollar signing bonus for a one dimensional FB?! Ridiculous. This could be McKay's version of a poison pill, knowing he was going to lose Griffith to the Bucs. This move was to push Griffith out of our market range for a 2nd string run blocking FB.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#25 : March 02, 2007, 05:30:02 PM

That is ridiculous overpaying for a FB. Granted the guy is good, but not to the level of 5 mil guaranteed. It seems like McKay just can't wait to put that team through cap hell.

#26 : March 02, 2007, 05:30:22 PM

Thank you, McKay for boosting the asking price for one of the cheapest positions to fill on a team. A position that is dying in the NFL. A $5 million dollar signing bonus for a one dimensional FB?! Ridiculous. This could be McKay's version of a poison pill, knowing he was going to lose Griffith to the Bucs. This move was to push Griffith out of our market range for a 2nd string run blocking FB.

That's what I was thinking shalla.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 02, 2007, 05:34:04 PM

This could be McKay's version of a poison pill, knowing he was going to lose Griffith to the Bucs. This move was to push Griffith out of our market range for a 2nd string run blocking FB.

That doesn't make any sense. He'd be killing his own cap to try and make another team kill their cap? The poison pill works in competing contracts for the SAME player, not for two different players.

gone

Hall of Famer
#28 : March 02, 2007, 05:36:24 PM

You give him too much credit methinks

oh, and Mike would be the backup if he came here, not the other way around

Snook

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 02, 2007, 05:41:54 PM

Just when you think McKay can't get any more stupid, he goes out and does something like this.

What a moron.  It'll be a pleasure watching that franchise sink further and further...

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Falcons just signed OVIE MUGHELLI to a 6 yr $18M contract « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools