Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You can't polish a turd « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

#15 : January 05, 2010, 11:02:41 AM

And some fans are REAL turds. Here's an article for all you turds...

http://personal-development.com/chuck/negativethinking.htm

Honestly DTG, when I read your subject line...  I thought this was a thread about bringing back Raheem next year.   It seems to me the Bucs PR spin is constantly trying to polish a turd to keep fans in the seats.   I didn't expect to read an article about negativity.  Without negativity, aren't we then just a bunch of lemmings?  Were the patriots in the 1700s just being "negative" when they stood up for themselves and demanded fairness and independence?    Maybe they should have just kept their complaints to themselves and took their beatings.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 05, 2010, 11:05:00 AM

Back to the original point about polishing turds... which is funny that you chose that phrase... since you will be alone, in the stadium, watching a turd of a football team for 16 weeks next season.

Being alone at the games would suit me just fine. Actually, I do know of one other fan who will be in the stands.

stufftherun55

Starter

#17 : January 05, 2010, 11:05:37 AM

Yeah, given the timing and title of this thread I incorrectly assumed this was going to be about the Bucs owners trying to push their awful product on the fans.  Sorry fella.    

"We might make a lot of money but, we also spend a lot of money"- Patrick Ewing (The best ever)

luke99

Starter

#18 : January 05, 2010, 11:06:04 AM

;D Is this what you read last year when you were **CENSORED**ing about Gruden, Dan. Or did you get this from a TEXT from your Inside Source? ;)

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 05, 2010, 11:06:14 AM

And some fans are REAL turds. Here's an article for all you turds...

http://personal-development.com/chuck/negativethinking.htm

Honestly DTG, when I read your subject line... �I thought this was a thread about bringing back Raheem next year. � It seems to me the Bucs PR spin is constantly trying to polish a turd to keep fans in the seats. � I didn't expect to read an article about negativity. �Without negativity, aren't we then just a bunch of lemmings? �Were the patriots in the 1700s just being "negative" when they stood up for themselves and demanded fairness and independence? �� Maybe they should have just kept their complaints to themselves and took their beatings.

You're comparing whiny ship jumping NFL fans to American Revolutionaries?  lmao I'd say the dedication factor is a little different in those two groups.   By the way.....when are you sending your check to One Buc for your ticket renewal?  We all know you are...if you didn't have that to complain about you wouldn't have anything to say.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 05, 2010, 11:07:02 AM

Were the patriots in the 1700s just being "negative" when they stood up for themselves and demanded fairness and independence?

No, they weren't. Only a habitually negative person would look at the actions of the US patriots as being negative.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 05, 2010, 11:07:10 AM

The Cleveland Browns have more loyal/footbball smart fans than we do.....

They have FANS, we have a bunch of people who like to go to the games only when the team is winning.

At least the Browns went out and got Holmgren in their front office who knows football and knows what he is doing, and there is hope for the future. We are stuck with Raheem who's is completely lost and there is no hope for success.

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#22 : January 05, 2010, 11:08:17 AM

Back to the original point about polishing turds... which is funny that you chose that phrase... since you will be alone, in the stadium, watching a turd of a football team for 16 weeks next season.

Being alone at the games would suit me just fine. Actually, I do know of one other fan who will be in the stands.

doesn't change the fact that you can't polish a turd... you said so yourself....

VA_Buc30

Starter

#23 : January 05, 2010, 11:08:49 AM

As a Bucs fan, it was kind of sad to see highlights of the Cleveland game with nothing to play for, and that stadium was packed.  Granted, what else are you going to do in Cleveland in December/January, but still.

stufftherun55

Starter

#24 : January 05, 2010, 11:09:32 AM

;D Is this what you read last year when you were **CENSORED**ing about Gruden, Dan. Or did you get this from a TEXT from your Inside Source? ;)

I have an inside source with the Bucs too and boy oh boy the things he tells me.  

"We might make a lot of money but, we also spend a lot of money"- Patrick Ewing (The best ever)

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 05, 2010, 11:09:47 AM

Is this what you read last year when you were **CENSORED**ing about Gruden, Dan. Or did you get this from a TEXT from your Inside Source?

Actually, I was reporting that the players had given up on him and he had completely lost the team. Of course, as it turned out, that is exactly what happened and was later confirmed. And I have multiple sources, not just one. Most of what I garnered from the players came from direct feedback, not from text messages. I don't deal an awful lot in text messages, except perhaps with some of my out-of-town sources.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 05, 2010, 11:10:24 AM

I have an inside source with the Bucs too and boy oh boy the things he tells me.  

Cool! Let's hear them and we can compare some of what my sources share with me.

#27 : January 05, 2010, 11:11:02 AM

if this thread were about the franchise, it would have been more accurate to say "You can't polish diarrhea"????

VA_Buc30

Starter

#28 : January 05, 2010, 11:11:12 AM

They have FANS, we have a bunch of people who like to go to the games only when the team is winning.

At least the Browns went out and got Holmgren in their front office who knows football and knows what he is doing, and there is hope for the future. We are stuck with Raheem who's is completely lost and there is no hope for success.

You're must be one of those personal life coaches.  Cause even through a computer, I can feel the positive energy.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 05, 2010, 11:11:57 AM

doesn't change the fact that you can't polish a turd... you said so yourself....

That's right. Turd or not, I'm rooting for my team every week. As a fan, I've been through a whole lot worse than this.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You can't polish a turd « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools