Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: According to LaConfora...the Glazers were lowballing Cowher « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 05, 2010, 01:51:12 PM

honestly....  as a season ticket holder, youre best bet is to jump ship and root for the team at home or in a bar somewhere.   you wouldn't walk into Best Buy and spend top dollar on a used, inferior television that was broken the first day you bought it...  even if you bought that same tv every year since 1976!  So why drop thousands of dollars a year on this charade of a NFL football team?
Lame... i wish i lived in tampa i would take your season tickets..its about the team and the logo thats a higher power than anyone or group of people (glazers).

send me a check for $7,500 and you have have BOTH of my tickets and my parking spot.   Ill even throw in a lame autographed Raheem Morris football helmet and the eight Bucs jerseys I have in my closet that I bought of players not on the Bucs anymore (Brooks, Dunn, Adams, Garcia, Spires etc)

once you get beyond the HYPE and you dont let you love for the team blind you from making a good decision, youll realize that buying season tickets is a waste of money.   if you MUST go to a game, then buy them at 50% of the cost on Stubhub or something.

your first problem is bought a garcia jersey

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 05, 2010, 01:52:45 PM

Well in a capped year the Bucs have a lot more free agents to try to re-sign, so either way this team is not bringing in the free agents people are dreaming about.

skip

Starter

#17 : January 05, 2010, 01:54:28 PM

"Concerns about how much the team would be able to spend on players" Looks like another year on the bottom of the payroll scale.
I understand from a friend in Europe that the Glazers are pushing hard to sell Manchester United. Lets all hope it happens sooner rather then later.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#18 : January 05, 2010, 01:54:43 PM

If true, that royally sucks. Either stand behind Morris and don't pursue any back channels, or fire Morris and get your guy. No in between.

That's what I'm saying. Keeping Morris is nothing more than a consolation prize if this is really true.  [banghead]

BucsMagic64

Starter

#19 : January 05, 2010, 01:56:04 PM

"Concerns about how much the team would be able to spend on payers" Looks like another year on the bottom of the payroll scale.
I understand from a friend in Europe that the Glazers are pushing hard to sell Manchester United. Lets all hope it happens sooner rather then later.

I could care less what they do with ManU, they need to sell the damn Bucs already to an owner who cares.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 05, 2010, 01:56:51 PM

I get the feeling that this will be another one of those things attributed to a random unknown source, not corroborated by any other sources, will never be really confirmed, but people on this board will quote for 1-2-3 years as fact.

Of course. Other sources say the contact with Cowher was preliminary, and no hard numbers were discussed. Besides, $6 million a season would mean he'd be the highest paid coach in the NFL. The top 4 paid coaches:

#1 Lovie Smith
#2 Jeff Fisher
#3 Tom Coughlin
#4 Bill Belichick

$6 million per year would be more than all of them. So if a $6 million offer was made, its hardly a "lowball" offer to make a guy the highest paid man in his profession.

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 05, 2010, 01:57:45 PM

"Concerns about how much the team would be able to spend on payers" Looks like another year on the bottom of the payroll scale.

I could care less what they do with ManU, they need to sell the damn Bucs already to an owner who cares.

I think his logic is, if they sell Man U, they'll use the money to reinvest into the Bucs.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 05, 2010, 01:57:57 PM

If this is true, this proves that the Glazers never believed in the plan with Morris and that he was just the backup plan. Our owners really do suck. I feel for Rah.

I have a new found respect for Rah and Dominik if they have to put up with scummy owners.  No wonder Bruce and Jon walked.....

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 05, 2010, 01:59:20 PM

No wonder Bruce and Jon walked.....

Walked? LOL!

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 05, 2010, 01:59:38 PM

Brown nosing....

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#25 : January 05, 2010, 02:00:17 PM

Anyone who gives Cowher $8 million dollars + a year has lost their mind. He does not deserve to be the highest paid coach in the league. Last time I checked the Steelers are doing just fine with a guy probably making 1/5th that amount.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#26 : January 05, 2010, 02:00:30 PM

If this is true, this proves that the Glazers never believed in the plan with Morris and that he was just the backup plan. Our owners really do suck. I feel for Rah.

I have a new found respect for Rah and Dominik if they have to put up with scummy owners. �No wonder Bruce and Jon walked.....

It's sick how our owners treated and are treating our coaches. It honestly makes me sick to my stomach.

Agreed chaz!!!

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 05, 2010, 02:00:44 PM

None of this is surprising at all.

sma2680

Practice Squad

#28 : January 05, 2010, 02:01:10 PM

I get the feeling that this will be another one of those things attributed to a random unknown source, not corroborated by any other sources, will never be really confirmed, but people on this board will quote for 1-2-3 years as fact.

Agreed.  I am already looking forward to the articles from the other media outlets reporting on the La Conforna article.  

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#29 : January 05, 2010, 02:01:32 PM

None of this is surprising at all.

>.<
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: According to LaConfora...the Glazers were lowballing Cowher « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools