Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Plummer's brother weighs in « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

: March 02, 2007, 04:48:14 PM

I don't really blame him for not wanting to go somewhere else but that should mean he is just going to retire outright. I don't think that is actually the truth of the matter here...I think he wants to play for the Texans. With that said, he kind of duped us. Now we're set back a bit with the QB talks and we really, really need one.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#1 : March 02, 2007, 04:48:38 PM

Thank you so much Jake for making this decision easier for our team. Now Jon and Bruce.....got get Carr damn you!!!!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 02, 2007, 04:45:20 PM

If you can possibly stand another Jake Plummer thread, here's his brother's take:

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_5341677?source=rss

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#3 : March 02, 2007, 04:49:19 PM

Thank you so much Jake for making this decision easier for our team. Now Jon and Bruce.....got get Carr damn you!!!!

I'm down with that scenario too ABuccs.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 02, 2007, 04:49:32 PM

The dude sounds done. This is a tough game, you absorb a ton of punishment physically - and especially here in Tampa- and if you don't really want it, and you've got enough money like he does, I can see not wanting to do it.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#5 : March 02, 2007, 04:50:30 PM

Nick77777.......................where's your inside Info????????????????????????????????

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#6 : March 02, 2007, 04:51:14 PM

The dude sounds done. This is a tough game, you absorb a ton of punishment physically - and especially here in Tampa- and if you don't really want it, and you've got enough money like he does, I can see not wanting to do it.
That's what makes me on the verge of ANGER. I can see Jon thinking he can talk Plummer into playing. The trade goes through, we lose the pick and half way through 2 a days, Plummer flips us the bird!!!!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#7 : March 02, 2007, 04:51:41 PM

Nick77777.......................where's your inside Info????????????????????????????????
What's the joke? Does Nick think he VIP?

watson

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 02, 2007, 04:56:02 PM

Why?  I've watched Carr play and I must be missing something.  What have you guys seen that makes you think he is going to be a great QB in Tampa?  I'm not being sarcastic or anything, I just want to know what I'm missing.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 02, 2007, 04:56:07 PM

LOL

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#10 : March 02, 2007, 05:01:33 PM

Why?  I've watched Carr play and I must be missing something.  What have you guys seen that makes you think he is going to be a great QB in Tampa?  I'm not being sarcastic or anything, I just want to know what I'm missing.
You're not missing anything. What Carr was missing was a team around him. I think you will be hard pressed to find any posts on this board that have said Carr will be great. What he has is potential, youth, intelligence, and a glimpse(last season) of what he may be able to do in a better situation. Unfortunately for us, this is a very weak FA QB year. Carr is the best option. Too many people think Garcia is great, but he's had 6 good games in how many years? Obviously the Eagles didn't think he was that great. The way McNabb gets hurt, you'd think they would want Garcia back. Why don't they? Because reid can see past the smoke and mirrors that the members on this forum are being fooled by.

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#11 : March 02, 2007, 06:01:28 PM

No abuc Jake is my uncle Im not VIP at all i just have the inside report from him.  He is still weighin his options, Actually by saying he is retiring, he could get released.  However you gotta think he has been in this business 10 years. He has taken some punishment.  He loves gruden, dont get me wrong, but packing and moving to a new town, learning a whole new system can take a wear on any man.  but like i said he is still weighin his options this is not 100% official yet.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#12 : March 02, 2007, 06:04:31 PM

No abuc Jake is my uncle Im not VIP at all i just have the inside report from him.  He is still weighin his options, Actually by saying he is retiring, he could get released.  However you gotta think he has been in this business 10 years. He has taken some punishment.  He loves gruden, dont get me wrong, but packing and moving to a new town, learning a whole new system can take a wear on any man.  but like i said he is still weighin his options this is not 100% official yet.

Tell him to retire for us here.

Plus, we appreciate the fact that he let us know now instead of when we would find out we were wasting our time with him all along.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#13 : March 02, 2007, 06:06:51 PM

You mean your uncle didn't tell you he already turned in his retirement papers to the league?

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#14 : March 02, 2007, 06:09:22 PM

He hasnt turned them in, unless i missed something, ive been at work all day.  But last night he called and let us know.  But he has not officially retired yet.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Plummer's brother weighs in « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools