Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Plummer's brother weighs in « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#15 : March 02, 2007, 06:10:39 PM

He hasnt turned them in, unless i missed something, ive been at work all day.  But last night he called and let us know.  But he has not officially retired yet.
Adam Schefter just said that he has officially filed his retirement papers already.

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#16 : March 02, 2007, 06:13:01 PM

Well damn looks like i will have to give him a call when i get off work.  From my last talk with him it didnt seem like he was 100%.  I really dont think he will stay out of football long.  He may just need a year to rest his body, from the beating it has taken. 

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#17 : March 02, 2007, 06:18:14 PM

Well damn looks like i will have to give him a call when i get off work.  From my last talk with him it didnt seem like he was 100%.  I really dont think he will stay out of football long.  He may just need a year to rest his body, from the beating it has taken. 

It's understandable. These guys do take an absolute beating. If that is what it takes for him to enjoy life after football with his kids or whatever he has to do it. That's more important (in my mind). Wish him luck.

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#18 : March 02, 2007, 06:21:32 PM

Thanks OptionM, I just tried calling him but his phone was off. So as soon as i get ahold of him ill let you know what the deal is.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 02, 2007, 06:22:18 PM

Thank you so much Jake for making this decision easier for our team. Now Jon and Bruce.....got get Carr damn you!!!!

I'm down with that scenario too ABuccs.

Why? I've watched Carr play and I must be missing something. What have you guys seen that makes you think he is going to be a great QB in Tampa? I'm not being sarcastic or anything, I just want to know what I'm missing.
You're not missing anything. What Carr was missing was a team around him. I think you will be hard pressed to find any posts on this board that have said Carr will be great. What he has is potential, youth, intelligence, and a glimpse(last season) of what he may be able to do in a better situation. Unfortunately for us, this is a very weak FA QB year. Carr is the best option. Too many people think Garcia is great, but he's had 6 good games in how many years? Obviously the Eagles didn't think he was that great. The way McNabb gets hurt, you'd think they would want Garcia back. Why don't they? Because reid can see past the smoke and mirrors that the members on this forum are being fooled by.
Agreed.......

Carr is a better option than Garcia.

Hell, Plummer was a better option than Garcia. It's a bummer that he doesn't want to come here, because the QB situation is a REAL issue. We need a veteran to, at least, be a BACK UP. Carr is our best option at this point, and you could easily make the case that he was the best option all along.

Bring him to Tampa!

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

#20 : March 02, 2007, 06:33:02 PM

Thank you so much Jake for making this decision easier for our team. Now Jon and Bruce.....got get Carr damn you!!!!

Me to, although how many other scenarios do we have left.   :o

#2Linebacker32

Starter

#21 : March 02, 2007, 06:51:15 PM

I liked Plummer but if he is contemplating retireing then i think it is best for him to call it quits. You dont want to be out there on that field on Sunday's thinking twice aboout playing. It will only get you hurt in the long run. Best wished for him and Good luck with life after football.

shall555

Starter

#22 : March 02, 2007, 07:09:26 PM

Plummer is really blowing an opportunity to have a Gannon type resurrection. I think Gruden could squeeze some NFL MVP type numbers out of him, at least for 2-3 years. He's got all the tools to be successful. He's never had the proper coaching. Shanahan is not on Gruden's level when it comes to maximizing QB talent and development, and neither is Kubiak. Plummer is really missing an opportunity. Bring on Carr...

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#23 : March 02, 2007, 07:39:20 PM

I will tell you this, he wanted to come down here, he loves gruden as a coach, for all the reasons you have stated, he thought gruden could do for him what he did for gannon.  I still have yet to get ahold of him. his phone is either busy from getting two calls at once, or it goes straight to voice mail.  but i will keep you posted.  I told him i wish he would come down here, prove some people wrong, and possibly become like gannon and get his career back on track.  Thats why i was so surprised to someone said it was official.

watson

Hall of Famer
#24 : March 02, 2007, 07:42:31 PM

Why? I've watched Carr play and I must be missing something. What have you guys seen that makes you think he is going to be a great QB in Tampa? I'm not being sarcastic or anything, I just want to know what I'm missing.
You're not missing anything. What Carr was missing was a team around him. I think you will be hard pressed to find any posts on this board that have said Carr will be great. What he has is potential, youth, intelligence, and a glimpse(last season) of what he may be able to do in a better situation. Unfortunately for us, this is a very weak FA QB year. Carr is the best option. Too many people think Garcia is great, but he's had 6 good games in how many years? Obviously the Eagles didn't think he was that great. The way McNabb gets hurt, you'd think they would want Garcia back. Why don't they? Because reid can see past the smoke and mirrors that the members on this forum are being fooled by.
ABF,
You may be right, but you would think that after this many years in the league Carr would have shown more of that "potential" that he has.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#25 : March 02, 2007, 07:49:16 PM

NOTE- I just got an email from jake letting me know that he has been on the phone with gruden for the last hour or so.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#26 : March 02, 2007, 07:58:30 PM

CaWe should now make every effort to bring Carr here. I don't want a guy here who doesn't want to compete for the starting job. Bringing Plummer in now is just not worth the risk. What's to keep him from retiring a month down the road?

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#27 : March 02, 2007, 09:18:08 PM

If he decides to play here he will play here, The report about the papers already being turned in is false, Yes   he has the papers but he has not made it official yet.  If he chooses to play another year he will not retire in midseason.  I can promise you that.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#28 : March 02, 2007, 09:19:06 PM

we shouldve just tried to go after Carr or Garcia first, why even mess around with stupid ass Plummer

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#29 : March 02, 2007, 09:24:23 PM

your right mohawk, why would we go after a QB whos only 33 has vet experience and has lead the broncos to 3 playoff births man that would be stupid, lets shove green at a guy who failed miserably as a brown and in detriot, but had a great half of a season for the eagles, or a guy who has the same years experience as simms, and did not suceed in Texas with a top rated wide out there.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Plummer's brother weighs in « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools