Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Plummer's brother weighs in « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#30 : March 02, 2007, 10:14:36 PM

I'm torn ... I really didn't think Plummer would be an option and would be headed to Houston at 12:01.  I was totally shocked, but as the day went on [not hearing any of the drama until after 5 on my way home] I became fond of the idea of him being here.  I do think he could succeed here.

Have have to admit though the networks [nfl and espn] are making him out to be a bit selfish in saying he just wants to be handed the starting job and that is why he is refusing to come, therefore already handing in his papers.  If that is the real underlining issue here, I'd rather him not come - it would be best for everyone.  But, I'm going to wait and see if this really ends up to be the case ... the media is a bit quick at times reporting false information.

So if they are false and he does decide to come, I'm for it.  Plummer in my mind is a much better option than Garcia.  I just know we have to bring in someone to compete with our current guys or else we are going to be in for another long season.

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#31 : March 02, 2007, 10:17:04 PM

Yea the media is really making him look bad, trust me it is not his views at all, actually him and his agent are talking right now because if his agent is saying that then look for him to be fired.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 02, 2007, 10:27:15 PM

If Jake doesn't want to come to a bad team, to learn a new system, take a beating from a porous O-line, to put together a noteworthy semblance to a season because the offense look stagnant, then well...he just isn't the QB for us.  You have to understand the team needs a guy who is willing to come in and take the reigns, to clear us out of the mire.  If Jake isn't ready, or feels too old and worn, then sayonara.  Have fun in Idaho, or Arizona, or wherever you decide to hole up, and live off your investments.  No harm, no foul

Someone get the Texans on line 1, we have a fourth round pick we have to offer...

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 02, 2007, 10:33:13 PM

Nick, how much did the death of Pat Tillman affect him?

#34 : March 02, 2007, 10:33:56 PM

and is it true that he drives a Honda Element?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 02, 2007, 10:34:49 PM

If Jake doesn't want to come to a bad team, to learn a new system, take a beating from a porous O-line, to put together a noteworthy semblance to a season because the offense look stagnant, then well...he just isn't the QB for us.  You have to understand the team needs a guy who is willing to come in and take the reigns, to clear us out of the mire.  If Jake isn't ready, or feels too old and worn, then sayonara.  Have fun in Idaho, or Arizona, or wherever you decide to hole up, and live off your investments.  No harm, no foul

Someone get the Texans on line 1, we have a fourth round pick we have to offer...

I think if Jake DOES decide to come here, we'll see him compete as hard as he can and
we'll get his all. Is that enough or what we need here? Damned if I know.

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#36 : March 02, 2007, 10:35:13 PM

Ufojo-  I will honestly tell you that took its toll on him, he still isnt over it.  Im afraid to bring it up to him to see if that might be a reason he might be retiring.  cause i know everytime he touches the field he says a prayer for him..  I wouldnt know how to ask him, because it is such a touchy subject.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#37 : March 02, 2007, 10:39:25 PM

Nick, if he decides to take on the challenge of coming to Tampa [i liked how Boid put it] maybe you could hook PR and Jake up for Scott and Jeff to get the first interview to clear the air of any false information.  Let him know where the REAL BUCS reporters are.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 02, 2007, 10:41:02 PM

If Jake doesn't want to come to a bad team, to learn a new system, take a beating from a porous O-line, to put together a noteworthy semblance to a season because the offense look stagnant, then well...he just isn't the QB for us. You have to understand the team needs a guy who is willing to come in and take the reigns, to clear us out of the mire. If Jake isn't ready, or feels too old and worn, then sayonara. Have fun in Idaho, or Arizona, or wherever you decide to hole up, and live off your investments. No harm, no foul

I think if Jake DOES decide to come here, we'll see him compete as hard as he can and
we'll get his all. Is that enough or what we need here? Damned if I know.
Yeah but is his all enough to beat out Simms?  Or even Grads (okay, the Grads thing was tongue in cheek, and I smirked, but....).

If he is thinking about retiring, and he hasn't taken a beating nearly as severe as Favre has, and Favre LOVES football, he keeps coming back to that lousy Pack team thinking he can make a difference, then what makes any of us think that Jake has any heart left?  The man is 32, and contemplating retirement because he doesn't want to play for Tampa.  Point blank.  He doesn't feel he has anything, or enough skill, to lead a team that is entrenched right now.  And that, to me, reeks of a guy who isn't fit for this team.  I'll tkae the heart over the "I am not so sure I wanna play anymore" guy, any day of the week, and fifty times on Sunday.

I think the Bucs should just cut ties with the deal right now myself.  Jake is playing his cards, IMO...and I hate that.

Man up, grab a helmet, and play.  Be a leader.  No wonder he got benched in Denver for a rook in the playoff hunt...if he pulled this crap in their locker room, I'll bet half the team would have wanted to rack him by his balls right then and there...

kennard19

Starter
#39 : March 03, 2007, 12:59:44 AM

Well how much did his brother weigh?!?!?

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#40 : March 03, 2007, 01:41:00 AM

btown-  If it does come down to it, he already knows about pewterreport, I tell him how this is the best news you can get, and how they arent like the normal media with biased reports.  Trust me im pretty sure he would give them an interview before the tampa trib or stpete.  I sent him the articles from there already. 

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Plummer's brother weighs in « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools