Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Suit at one buc place chews out Adam Schefter « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

: January 06, 2010, 10:09:13 AM

Suit At One Buc Palace Chews Out Adam Schefter
January 6th, 2010
Last night, word came from Adam Schefter, NFL Insider slaving for BSPN, that the reports claiming the Bucs were negotiating with Bill Cowher were “categorically false.”

Wednesday morning on “The Opening Drive,” co-hosted by Bob Papa and Randy Cross heard exclusively on Sirius NFL Radio, Schefter appeared and gave the background on the notorious phone call from Deep Throat at One Buc Palace.

In short, Schefter’s cell phone rang and on the other end, as Schefter said, were, “Some angry Bucs people — and I am not talking about small people. I am talking about the highest Bucs people.”

Schefter detailed that someone high up the food chain at One Buc Palace is enraged that anyone would link Cowher to the Bucs.

“Anyone that heard that voice and heard the explanation and everything they had to say, would be 100 percent convinced that they never contacted Bill Cowher, never discussed financial packages with him and never offered him a single dollar and REALLY resent the suggestion they wouldn’t spend the money to get him.”

Well now, it appears we may have the answer to this KGB-like secrecy. Anyone else remember what provoked a justified, angry missive that rocked the Tampa Bay area not too long ago?

Anyone notice a connection?

Appparently, per Schefter, Deep Throat was so outraged, so over the top, that the message was more than convincing for Schefter.

“Unless someone was blatantly lying to me, the way that person spoke with me, the way that person spoke to me, they have to be telling the truth.

“Tampa never danced that dance with Cowher. They just didn’t.”

Joebucsfan.com

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 06, 2010, 10:11:51 AM

Meh.

#2 : January 06, 2010, 10:13:13 AM

God, Im tired of all the lies and bull crap.   were supposed to believe everyone is wrong, and that the Bucs never "spoke" to Cowart and he rejected them.....   that almost makes me as angry as when the Bucs failed to get Favre, and Bruce Allen tells the media the Bucs never contacted Favre....      what a bunch of failures we are.  

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 06, 2010, 10:21:55 AM

Like I said before...the Glazers dont want Morris or Dominik to think they were looking to replace them. So they are playing this little song and dance to try and kill a rumor that (interestingly enough) they had no interest in killing before Monday night when it was announced Morris is staying.

In other words, they are trying to make it look and sound like keeping Morris was the plan all along and that contact with Cowher was never made.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 06, 2010, 10:24:19 AM

Thank Gawd we have JoeBucFan to tell us what someone else said and write what someone else wrote.  It was so hard to go to ESPN and read their stuff, now with JBF I can go to his site and read their stuff. JBF should cover TV shows too. Instead of watching TV we can just read what Joe watched.

bucsense

Practice Squad

#5 : January 06, 2010, 10:33:49 AM

Thank Gawd we have JoeBucFan to tell us what someone else said and write what someone else wrote.  It was so hard to go to ESPN and read their stuff, now with JBF I can go to his site and read their stuff. JBF should cover TV shows too. Instead of watching TV we can just read what Joe watched.

Huh?  I've heard Joe watches 'Desperate Housebeeches'..................got your point tho'...Ha!

Snook

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 06, 2010, 10:46:20 AM

Schefter, Mortensen and that lazy eyed **CENSORED** from NFL Network are nothing more than sports reporters from TMZ.  They'll report ANYTHING.  The days of actually RESEARCHING rumors to find out of their true or not before reporting them are long over.  Its a shame really.

I seriously doubt Cowher was even contacted by the Bucs.  This guy just realizes that his window to get back into coaching is closing.  And his agent needed to stir up some "interest"... enter the sorry Bucs.

original

Pro Bowler

#7 : January 06, 2010, 10:45:54 AM

Hmmm - 12 hours ago:

@Adam_Schefter 2/2: Bucs official said any claims that team has pursued or talked with Cowher are "categorically false." Raheem Morris will be HC in 2010. about 12 hours ago

@Adam_Schefter 1/2: A high-ranking Bucs official insisted tonight that his team is not, has not, and will not pursue Bill Cowher this off-season. about 12 hours ago

JBF need for ?

#8 : January 06, 2010, 10:47:41 AM

Like the new sig Snook.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 06, 2010, 10:57:03 AM

Thank Gawd we have JoeBucFan to tell us what someone else said and write what someone else wrote.  It was so hard to go to ESPN and read their stuff, now with JBF I can go to his site and read their stuff. JBF should cover TV shows too. Instead of watching TV we can just read what Joe watched.

Relax. It is pathetic that people cry over information that gets posted. Information is information, regardless of how you get it. In reality it is a profootballtalk.com for bucs fans. We all know how people cried about profootballtalk.com, they certainly haven't had any success.  ::) Grow up

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

#10 : January 06, 2010, 01:26:05 PM

Like the new sig Snook.

Seconded, love the new sig Snook

#11 : January 06, 2010, 01:30:07 PM

I would be persuaded to grant said suit a lot more credibility had they an actual name.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 06, 2010, 01:33:01 PM

Wait.....people were chewing out Jason La Confora for his one man source and now this one man source is also unidentified from Schefter?

*Grabs popcorn*

Snook

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 06, 2010, 02:17:35 PM

Like the new sig Snook.

Seconded, love the new sig Snook

Thanks.  And I have to credit the talented "Ruud Awakening" for it. 

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 06, 2010, 02:26:17 PM

Wait.....people were chewing out Jason La Confora for his one man source and now this one man source is also unidentified from Schefter?

*Grabs popcorn*

At least Shefter identified his source as a high-ranking Buc official. La Confora could have been interviewing people in a mall as his source for all we know.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Suit at one buc place chews out Adam Schefter « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools