Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Suit at one buc place chews out Adam Schefter « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 06, 2010, 02:31:37 PM

Wait.....people were chewing out Jason La Confora for his one man source and now this one man source is also unidentified from Schefter?

*Grabs popcorn*

At least Shefter identified his source as a high-ranking Buc official. La Confora could have been interviewing people in a mall as his source for all we know.

Dominik would be a high ranking Buc official, but the Glazers are higher on the totem pole.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 06, 2010, 02:42:12 PM

I think it's obvious that it was a Glazer. No offense JG, but if this was on a Sirius radio show, you wouldn't find a transcript on ESPN. Who cares where the link comes from? As much as I dislike the commentary and writers over at JBF, I'm not going to avoid the site. They do a great job of collecting articles/info. on the Bucs from all over the place. If you want to ignore that stuff, feel free.

I would like a link to the said radio show audio archive. Sounds interesting.

#17 : January 06, 2010, 03:35:46 PM

I think it's obvious that it was a Glazer.

And you're basing that on what? If it's a Glazer, why not come right out and say it's a Glazer? All we really know is that however "angry" this anonymous person is, they aren't willing to go on the public record with their comments.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 06, 2010, 03:38:19 PM

And you're basing that on what? If it's a Glazer, why not come right out and say it's a Glazer? All we really know is that however "angry" this anonymous person is, they aren't willing to go on the public record with their comments.

If it was a "high official" with the Bucs, it had to be a Glazer.   The rest of the people at One Buc are their puppets now.

#19 : January 06, 2010, 03:40:44 PM

Lol... Java got one right today.

;)

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 06, 2010, 04:03:14 PM

If it was a "high official" with the Bucs, it had to be a Glazer.   The rest of the people at One Buc are their puppets now.

Let's see....here is the Buccaneers' front office....any idea which one it could be?

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 06, 2010, 04:26:17 PM

were supposed to believe everyone is wrong, and that the Bucs never "spoke" to Cowart and he rejected them.....   

I think it's safe to say the Bucs never contacted anyone named Cowart about a head coaching position...

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 06, 2010, 04:27:08 PM

If it was a "high official" with the Bucs, it had to be a Glazer. The rest of the people at One Buc are their puppets, ALWAYS HAVE BEEN.

Fixed it for ya ;)

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 06, 2010, 04:31:12 PM

Suit
Official
Source

Without a name, nothing is real.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#24 : January 06, 2010, 04:31:23 PM

Thank Gawd we have JoeBucFan to tell us what someone else said and write what someone else wrote.  It was so hard to go to ESPN and read their stuff, now with JBF I can go to his site and read their stuff. JBF should cover TV shows too. Instead of watching TV we can just read what Joe watched.

I may have to start subscribing to his website (or is it free) instead of PR to get the most accurate news.

skip

Starter

#25 : January 06, 2010, 04:34:24 PM

Perhaps it was the janitor at one Buc place that Adam talked to.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#26 : January 06, 2010, 04:52:00 PM

Suit At One Buc Palace Chews Out Adam Schefter
January 6th, 2010
Last night, word came from Adam Schefter, NFL Insider slaving for BSPN, that the reports claiming the Bucs were negotiating with Bill Cowher were “categorically false.”

Wednesday morning on “The Opening Drive,” co-hosted by Bob Papa and Randy Cross heard exclusively on Sirius NFL Radio, Schefter appeared and gave the background on the notorious phone call from Deep Throat at One Buc Palace.

In short, Schefter’s cell phone rang and on the other end, as Schefter said, were, “Some angry Bucs people — and I am not talking about small people. I am talking about the highest Bucs people.”

Schefter detailed that someone high up the food chain at One Buc Palace is enraged that anyone would link Cowher to the Bucs.

“Anyone that heard that voice and heard the explanation and everything they had to say, would be 100 percent convinced that they never contacted Bill Cowher, never discussed financial packages with him and never offered him a single dollar and REALLY resent the suggestion they wouldn’t spend the money to get him.”

Well now, it appears we may have the answer to this KGB-like secrecy. Anyone else remember what provoked a justified, angry missive that rocked the Tampa Bay area not too long ago?

Anyone notice a connection?

Appparently, per Schefter, Deep Throat was so outraged, so over the top, that the message was more than convincing for Schefter.

“Unless someone was blatantly lying to me, the way that person spoke with me, the way that person spoke to me, they have to be telling the truth.

“Tampa never danced that dance with Cowher. They just didn’t.”

Joebucsfan.com

Confused - why would it matter to the Bucs that a false report about them talking to Cowher was put out. They should sit Morris down  and tell him that its all false reporting and leave it at that. A memo to the players would also help - telling them that Morris will be their head coach next year. End of story.

"Thou does protest too much" comes to mind when a top ranking Buc official tees off on Schefter over this.

There's a lot more to the story - something is going on behind the scenes.

Balls Out

Starter
#27 : January 06, 2010, 04:53:35 PM

Just for everybodys info, Schefter was the first guy I heard saying Raheem was going to replace the newly fired Gruden on NFL Total Access...he almost got laughed off the set at the time, but would not back down saying his "sources" assured him of it.

Schefters record speaks for itself, he has very good sources, not only with the Bucs, but throughout  the NFL.

"Some birds can only have a back archer if you flick the starter button - spocking the G spot doesn't work on all of them"

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 06, 2010, 05:05:11 PM

I've been listening to Schefter since he was with the Broncos in the early 2000s. He's one of the best. Nice guy, too.

#29 : January 06, 2010, 06:36:42 PM

Perhaps it was the janitor at one Buc place that Adam talked to.

Don't they keep saying "high ranking official," or something like that? I'm thinking it's a referee...
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Suit at one buc place chews out Adam Schefter « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools