Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So what is the truth about Meyer? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#165 : April 08, 2010, 02:57:33 PM

imo, there is a huge difference between inappropriate/foolish and going postal.  and watch the video again, Meyer never lost his composure.  if one wants to argue that Meyer was inappropriate and foolish, thats fine.  but postal, outburst, and woody hayes moment are not what come to mind when watching that video.

Meyer might be over-reactive, but its pretty simple that you know and i know he is no nutbag.  that is only a twisted obsession of yours.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Runole

Hall of Famer
#166 : April 08, 2010, 06:06:36 PM

watching the video yes he is a nut bag. The signs are there. Tell me again what he was so upset about?

As I already explained going postal was a figure of speech.  You seem to think because Meyer didn't raise his voice that somehow excuses his aberrant behavior?  He could have calmly said "if you say something like that I am going to kill you " in a barely audible tones. Would that make any difference from someone screaming it at the top of their lungs?

He threatened the reporter and his livelihood which was totally uncalled for.   Gundy IMO was far more normal in what he was upset about even though he lost his composure.

When he told Marcus Thomas  at one time "I will make sure you never play in the NFL" paraphrased is that the sign of a well balanced head coach?

A coach that cries after games is a nut bag.  A coach that makes up all sorts of reasons ( which to this day no one really knows) for his sudden sickness the guy is a perpetual dodger just like you are apparently doing defending the guy.  When your own ORANGE AND BLUE reporters question the guys behavior it is rather convincing which side is the correct side of this discussion.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#167 : April 08, 2010, 07:24:55 PM

well, it has certainly occurred to me that you dont know how to properly use the slang "postal".

Tell me again what he was so upset about?

the carousel goes around and around.  again, Meyer was upset because he felt that an article written by fowler misconstrued a players statements and led to a national story.

As I already explained going postal was a figure of speech.  You seem to think because Meyer didn't raise his voice that somehow excuses his aberrant behavior?  He could have calmly said "if you say something like that I am going to kill you " in a barely audible tones. Would that make any difference from someone screaming it at the top of their lungs?

even though postal is a figure of speech, you do realize you should still use it properly?  as for your little scenario, a guy calmly saying he was going to kill, would probably be in the wrong, but would not be classified as one who lost his composure or had a ridiculous outburst.  the guy screaming it would probably be in the wrong as well, and could be classified as losing their composure and having an outburst.

He threatened the reporter and his livelihood which was totally uncalled for.   Gundy IMO was far more normal in what he was upset about even though he lost his composure.

so you are the judge on what is normal behavior when one is upset? 

When he told Marcus Thomas  at one time "I will make sure you never play in the NFL" paraphrased is that the sign of a well balanced head coach?

since you have a link for anything negative concerning UF back to before the internet, can you link that?  or is this another one of your cases such as alleged Meyers affair?

Runole

Hall of Famer
#168 : April 10, 2010, 05:16:49 PM

So now Meyer is a "nutbag" who went "postal"?

Well, then that puts things in perspective:

2005  Nutbag-34 FSU-7
2006  Nutbag-21 FSU-14
2007  Nutbag-45 FSU-12
2008  Nutbag-45 FSU-15
2009  Nutbag-37 FSU-10

So if Meyer is a "nutbag" why does FSU insist on taking it on the chin?

You do have a point I guess FSU could run away like UF did against Miami and refuse to play UF on an annual basis.

Then again FSU doesn't run cowardly away from competition like UF.  I doubt we will ever see the day that FSU runs from a traditional rival. 

That is a gator "THANG" and as a CFB fan "NO I DON'T UNDERSTAND." I still say Gator meat tastes just like chicken..  Perhaps that TV AD for Chick-Fil -A needs to put gator meat on the menu and have  a Chicken and the Steer come on and say:

"Try our "new Gator- Fil- A  !  You won't know the difference!".   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

LOL

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#169 : April 10, 2010, 04:40:16 PM

So now Meyer is a "nutbag" who went "postal"?

Well, then that puts things in perspective:

2005  Nutbag-34 FSU-7
2006  Nutbag-21 FSU-14
2007  Nutbag-45 FSU-12
2008  Nutbag-45 FSU-15
2009  Nutbag-37 FSU-10

So if Meyer is a "nutbag" why does FSU insist on taking it on the chin?

Runole

Hall of Famer
#170 : April 10, 2010, 04:58:13 PM

well, it has certainly occurred to me that you dont know how to properly use the slang "postal".

I wasn't aware there was a proper or improper way of using the word  "postal'  Kind of like when your girlfriend says "I could have  Killed you for saying that."  Obviously she really doesn't intend to kill you..  You gator boys sure are sensitive!! LOL

Tell me again what he was so upset about?

the carousel goes around and around.  again, Meyer was upset because he felt that an article written by fowler misconstrued a players statements and led to a national story.

There was nothing to be misconstrued except Meyer being a total nut job making an issue out of something that didn't need to be.  Obviously, from the presses reaction they agree with me.

As I already explained going postal was a figure of speech.  You seem to think because Meyer didn't raise his voice that somehow excuses his aberrant behavior?  He could have calmly said "if you say something like that I am going to kill you " in a barely audible tones. Would that make any difference from someone screaming it at the top of their lungs?

even though postal is a figure of speech, you do realize you should still use it properly?  as for your little scenario, a guy calmly saying he was going to kill, would probably be in the wrong, but would not be classified as one who lost his composure or had a ridiculous outburst.  the guy screaming it would probably be in the wrong as well, and could be classified as losing their composure and having an outburst.

Again with the proper usage?  Give me a fricken break! I explained totally my intent that you wished to take it to absurdity is your problem not mine! What a putz!  Geesh! Are all gator fans such sensitive babies?

He threatened the reporter and his livelihood which was totally uncalled for.   Gundy IMO was far more normal in what he was upset about even though he lost his composure.

so you are the judge on what is normal behavior when one is upset?  

I think Meyer threatening a mans livelihood is wrong you may disagree but I doubt anyone in the News media would agree with you.

When he told Marcus Thomas  at one time "I will make sure you never play in the NFL" paraphrased is that the sign of a well balanced head coach?

since you have a link for anything negative concerning UF back to before the internet, can you link that?  or is this another one of your cases such as alleged Meyers affair?
--------------------------------------------
Here is the link to Thomas stating how Meyer constantly threatened him:

The exact quote:

"This is the way to go. This is how it is. And if you're not doing that, you're a bad guy." " He'd say, "I'm going to destroy you to the [pro] scouts." "All the time, on a regular basis."

http://www.wearetheboys.com/?p=117

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#171 : April 10, 2010, 05:41:24 PM

runole, are you upset that i am asking you to properly use words?  or are you upset that you realize that you used "postal" incorrectly and you just dont want to admit it?  as for your g/f "kill" scenario, research hyperbole, its completely different than slang.

as for being sensitive, i think you are missing the boat.  its more about doing things the proper, or right way.  probably similar to why Meyer allegedly said he would destroy marcus thomas to the pro scouts.  i think its fairly safe to assume that thomas was doing things the wrong way, and Meyer was implying that he would be honest with the scouts, thus destroying him.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#172 : April 10, 2010, 08:14:36 PM

Ridiculous! 

"Going Postal"

There have been a number of incidents where postal service employees have gone into their workplaces and shot coworkers. So this term has come to mean any worker who loses self-control at work and attacks his coworkers, either verbally or physically, or both.

http://www.ask.com/web?q=Where+Does+the+Term+Going+Postal+Come+from&qsrc=6&o=10616&l=dir

Did not Meyer  "Lose self control and attack the newspaper reporter verbally most inappropriately?

As I mentioned I used the term very loosely and was not inferring Meyer shooting or physically harming anyone.

Not the least bit upset because I am even more comfortable with my usage of the word than when you apparently went off the deep end over it. 

It appears this is really important to you so I guess I will Say MEYER WENT ABSOLUTELY POSTAL on a poor gator reporter in a extreme case of losing any common sense or control!  Would you like me to repeat it again or is there some way I can upset you even more?

Please tell me so I can phrase it so I can offend you the most. :D

Any coach that would threaten a student athlete with destroying his career is de**CENSORED**able. If a coach doesn't get along with a player Meyer should have just released him in the beginning rather than going on tyrannical egotistical tirades  towards the young men. 

Do you think Bowden would have ever threatened someone's son like that?

Honest with the scouts?      TOO FUNNY!   

Ever here the expression if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all? Marcus despite his problems did play well for the gators at times.

In fact he played so well Meyer arbitrarily only sat him for games the gators had the best chance to win without him.  

Perhaps Marcus was a slow learner like Torrey Davis and John Brown.

I would hate to see Meyer in a special education class that would threaten the academically challenged.

What a disgrace! 

I can just see Meyer walks into the special ed class and says "Gosh look at all the mongoloids, cretins, and idiots! Let me set them straight!" ;D

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#173 : April 10, 2010, 10:21:32 PM

than when you apparently went off the deep end over it. 

another thing you might want to learn is the meaning of going "off the deep end".

Runole

Hall of Famer
#174 : April 14, 2010, 10:06:55 AM

Again just a figure of speech which is my impression of your dealing with the remotest criticism towards anything concerning the university of florida or specifically Corch Urbie Meyers.

Perhaps I should have stated "out of your rear end" as far as referencing  your comments on this thread! ;D

LFO

Hall of Famer

#175 : April 18, 2010, 03:31:13 AM

So Percy Harvin didn't test positive for weed?   Just the facts!   Perhaps he smokes the weed for the migraines! LOL

Who cares if Percy suffers from migraines?  It doesn't change the fact that he tested positive for weed.

Just the facts?  No, you never present facts.  You claimed he tested positive numerous times at UF, and that his migraines were a cover up for it.  So where are these facts? 

Minnesota has claimed he has had to miss times for the same migraines.  Are they lying too? 

I know, I get it...the world is just a big conspiracy revolving around Gators, and you are the only one who can see it....it's called schizophrenia my friend....

LFO

Hall of Famer

#176 : April 18, 2010, 03:37:50 AM

If Urban were FSU's coach, you would never hear a peep from Runole.

If Tebow played for FSU, you'd never hear a peep from Runole.

If Percy Harvin played for FSU, you'd never hear a peep from Runole.

If FSU were actually a relevant program, for reasons other than academic fraud, you'd never hear a peep from Runole.

That's CFB for you....

LFO

Hall of Famer

#177 : April 18, 2010, 03:41:36 AM

Ridiculous! 

"Going Postal"

There have been a number of incidents where postal service employees have gone into their workplaces and shot coworkers. So this term has come to mean any worker who loses self-control at work and attacks his coworkers, either verbally or physically, or both.

http://www.ask.com/web?q=Where+Does+the+Term+Going+Postal+Come+from&qsrc=6&o=10616&l=dir

Did not Meyer  "Lose self control and attack the newspaper reporter verbally most inappropriately?

As I mentioned I used the term very loosely and was not inferring Meyer shooting or physically harming anyone.

Not the least bit upset because I am even more comfortable with my usage of the word than when you apparently went off the deep end over it. 

It appears this is really important to you so I guess I will Say MEYER WENT ABSOLUTELY POSTAL on a poor gator reporter in a extreme case of losing any common sense or control!  Would you like me to repeat it again or is there some way I can upset you even more?

Please tell me so I can phrase it so I can offend you the most. :D

Any coach that would threaten a student athlete with destroying his career is de**CENSORED**able. If a coach doesn't get along with a player Meyer should have just released him in the beginning rather than going on tyrannical egotistical tirades  towards the young men. 

Do you think Bowden would have ever threatened someone's son like that?

Honest with the scouts?      TOO FUNNY!   

Ever here the expression if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all? Marcus despite his problems did play well for the gators at times.

In fact he played so well Meyer arbitrarily only sat him for games the gators had the best chance to win without him.  

Perhaps Marcus was a slow learner like Torrey Davis and John Brown.

I would hate to see Meyer in a special education class that would threaten the academically challenged.

What a disgrace! 

I can just see Meyer walks into the special ed class and says "Gosh look at all the mongoloids, cretins, and idiots! Let me set them straight!" ;D

At the very least, Urban booted Davis and Brown rather than incorporate a massive cheating operation to keep them eligible....

Just saying....

Oh, and as for sitting Marcus, well, I am pretty sure he sat out the most important games of that season, but as a crimiNole I wouldn't expect you to realize that.  By the way, how many games did Geno Taze sit out?  How many games did numerous players play who were cheating to remain eligible? 
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So what is the truth about Meyer? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools