Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Weiss to Kansas City? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

: January 06, 2010, 07:08:03 PM

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/content/chiefscoverage/story/Report-Chiefs-Hire-Charlie-Weis/KzQg9t_gNUiJFp9aNWxmjw.cspx

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 06, 2010, 07:08:39 PM

It's a done deal

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 06, 2010, 07:10:01 PM

Not sure what I think about him.  A part of me KNOWS he is part of the overrated Bellicheat Coaching Tree, and another part of me says he understands coaching.

#3 : January 06, 2010, 07:10:33 PM

I would be mad about the Bucs not showing interest but we have Olson and he kicks butt................ As long as we can keep running the dink and dunk I'm happy!

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 06, 2010, 07:13:27 PM

The word on the street is that Weiss is very arrogant and full of himself....... the results he produced at N.D. sure do not warrant that. Must be a leftover from his N.E. days.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 06, 2010, 07:21:17 PM

Weiss can run an offense, that shouldn't be questioned.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#6 : January 06, 2010, 07:24:28 PM

It's likely to be a New England reunion: Now that Charlie Weis has agreed to work in Kansas City, Romeo Crennel will not be far behind.
17 minutes ago from UberTwitter Adam Schefter

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 06, 2010, 07:27:16 PM

Can he?  Or are the Patriots really a beneficiary of Bellicheat?  Most of the Bellicheat coaches of any note have gone on and done nothing.  But the Pats are still significant, year in and out, with or without the stable of coaches they had from years prior.  Or so it seems.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 06, 2010, 07:27:26 PM

Todd Haley worked with Bill Belichick, Charlie Weiss, and Romeo Crennel when they all coached for the Jets.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 06, 2010, 07:29:01 PM

Todd Haley worked with Bill Belichick, Charlie Weiss, and Romeo Crennel when they all coached for the Jets.
McDaniel, Crennel, and Weiss are not that great...they are vastly overrated, and rode the coattails of Bellicheat and his success, IMO.

OVERRATED.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 06, 2010, 07:34:43 PM

Can he?  Or are the Patriots really a beneficiary of Bellicheat?  Most of the Bellicheat coaches of any note have gone on and done nothing.  But the Pats are still significant, year in and out, with or without the stable of coaches they had from years prior.  Or so it seems.

I thought his offenses were very good in NE without much firepower.  They never had any big weapons (Troy Brown was the biggest play-maker)on offense while he was there - well, he did get Corey Dillon his last season.  However much he flamed out at Notre Dame - his offense's were never the problem.  Notre Dame had the 8th overall offense in CFB this season.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#11 : January 06, 2010, 07:39:52 PM

McDaniel, Crennel, and Weiss are not that great...they are vastly overrated, and rode the coattails of Bellicheat and his success, IMO.

OVERRATED.

We'll find out. I like what KC is doing right now with their coaching staff.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 06, 2010, 07:41:25 PM

OVERRATED.

As head coaches I would agree, but their success as coordinators has been pretty good.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 06, 2010, 07:41:32 PM

Can he?  Or are the Patriots really a beneficiary of Bellicheat?  Most of the Bellicheat coaches of any note have gone on and done nothing.  But the Pats are still significant, year in and out, with or without the stable of coaches they had from years prior.  Or so it seems.

I thought his offenses were very good in NE without much firepower.  They never had any big weapons (Troy Brown was the biggest play-maker)on offense while he was there - well, he did get Corey Dillon his last season.  However much he flamed out at Notre Dame - his offense's were never the problem.  Notre Dame had the 8th overall offense in CFB this season.
He never really beat anyone of worth...that has been his knock.  That is why ND fired him.

And again, is that a result of Bellicheat, or is that Weiss?  I think he is capable, but heis vastly overrated IMO.  as  an OC, he might do well, but we'll see.  He will be in KC, and they have a pretty bad team.  If he cannot produce there, on any feasible level of quality, he will yet be another overrated coach in the Bellicheat tree.

It is like Big Bill's tree only produces Florida Oranges (Circa 2010).

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 06, 2010, 07:43:21 PM

OVERRATED.

As head coaches I would agree, but their success as coordinators has been pretty good.
As I said, is that Bellicheats doing?  Or their own grinded nose?

IMO, you are correct about their production as C's...and they went on to cash big checks because of that success.  I made note of that earlier...a part of me thinks he understands football, and canbe a good coach.  But a part of me thinks they are overrated.  Perhaps their HCing days are over.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Weiss to Kansas City? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools