Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: National Championship Game Day Thread, Alabama vs. Texas « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
: January 08, 2010, 09:05:57 AM

Hey, I have an opinion, and it's pretty obvious you do to!  To call the Boise St vs TCU game garbage is to simply stick your head in the sand.  The call at the end of the 4th qtr with the game tied and Boise on it's own 29 for a fake punt has to be one of the biggest in BCS history, just behind the 2 point conv "statue of liberty" call by Boise St back in 2007. 
I find it too funny that those who follow "traditional" powerhouse programs who pump in 100's of millions of dollars into their football programs, cannot stand to think that a school like Boise St. could compete. 

I'll take a hit of whatever you were smoking last night if you honestly believe that game was entertaining or good.  And by the way, it's not too hard to be a great coach when you are coaching Texas or Bama with their recruiting and funds......even YOU would do well.

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 07, 2010, 11:04:22 AM

BCS title game matchup: What to look for, who will win
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/12752267/bcs-title-game-matchup-what-to-look-for-who-will-win

Ten Reasons either team will win..
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls09/news/story?id=4801782

Alabama's edge on the offensive line, and why it is such a strong unit.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls09/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=4799425

Why Alabama's Defense Will Carry Them To a BCS Championship
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/321332-why-alabamas-defense-will-carry-them-to-a-bcs-championship

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 07, 2010, 11:15:24 AM

12 prospects to watch during the game

ESPN Players to watch

Rolando McClain, considered the best prospect in the entire game.

Javier Arenas, should be an Xfactor in this game who can watch the quarterbacks eyes effectively.

Sergio Kendal, Texax Alabama is going to have to adjust what they do in order to protect McElroy

Colt McCoy, their trying to call him a second rounder

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 07, 2010, 11:35:38 AM

I have Bama by 10.

We'll know in the first quarter whether Texas has a chance or not, based on their defensive play.  It's a foregone conclusion that their o-line won't hold up, but if their D can hold Bama's run game, they'll keep it close (think Nebraska or OU).  If, however, Bama can run on Texas the way they ran on Florida, this game will be over by halftime...

biffbeaumont

Starter

#4 : January 07, 2010, 01:32:03 PM

Should be a good game!  Time to find my "Roll Tide thread'.......:)   ROLL TIDE!!!

Runole

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 07, 2010, 01:41:11 PM

It will all depend on which Bama team shows up.   If the one that played UF shows up Texas doesn't have a chance.
If the one that played Auburn and Tennessee shows up Texas can win.

biffbeaumont

Starter

#6 : January 07, 2010, 01:46:19 PM

It will all depend on which Bama team shows up.   If the one that played UF shows up Texas doesn't have a chance.
If the one that played Auburn and Tennessee shows up Texas can win.

Auburn is a rivalry game and every year it can counted on as a close game. I don't think Saban was ready for Tennessee's defense. Remember McElroy is a first year starter. Texas had a close one against Nebraska. That's why this game SHOULD be a better game than the SEC championship game. Saban had been gameplanning since last January for that Florida game. My only reservation, even though he has managed games well enough is McElroy. If Texas can rattle him early, it could be bad for us.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 07, 2010, 01:49:35 PM

I definitely think Bama is the heavy favorite but McElroy indeed is the wild card.  If he is off and Texas stuffs the run it will be a close game which will depend on which team makes the most mistakes.

Personally, I think Texas is very over rated. JMO   

luke99

Starter

#8 : January 07, 2010, 02:01:34 PM

Texas 41

Bama  14

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 07, 2010, 02:02:26 PM

I just recall how heavily favored USC was vs Texas and Ohio State was over Florida...

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 07, 2010, 02:03:24 PM

Texas 41

Bama 14

What, did Texas get Luke McCown?  How else would they pull that off?  LMAO!

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 07, 2010, 02:28:08 PM

Calling for the upset - UT by 4.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 07, 2010, 02:57:55 PM

Texas 41

Bama 14
In no way do I understand this...

Anyway, since Ingram has only fumbled once his entire collegiate career and the other two backs are just as explosive and elusive with the offensive line bama has and the success we have had all year Texas doesn't scare me. Ingram and co. play their best in big games. Not only is Bama fighting for a National Title, but Ingram wants to be the first heisman and national champion winner in the same year for Bama. Nick Saban wants to reinforce Alabama is the enw football powerhouse since many of the major programs have the majority of their star players leaving and in a few cases coaches leaving.

I think as long as Bama doesn't force McElroy to do to much and let's him start off slow this should be a win for Bama. If we fall behind early though there may be problems..

ranman

Pro Bowler
#13 : January 07, 2010, 03:32:05 PM

I agree with Fitz - UT by 4. 

Both teams have had awesome years - except no one in the media seems to remember that.  They are throwing a lot of love to Saban, et al.  Last time I remember that type of mismatch on paper UT beat USC or even more recent UF over tOSU.

Too many intangibles to make me think Bama wins this as easily as most in the press have predicted.  I think UT comes out tonight with a large chip on their shoulder.  Dissed out of the NC last year + No respect this month = vengeance
We'll see.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 07, 2010, 04:14:43 PM

Texas 41

Bama 14

kiss of death ... put all you $$$ on Bama now
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: National Championship Game Day Thread, Alabama vs. Texas « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools