Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Berry or McClain « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

: January 07, 2010, 11:34:50 AM

If the draft goes way bad for us and we can't get Suh or McCoy.  I think McClain is better than Berry in that case?  Thoughts?  Not an Alabama fan, but will have my eyes on him and Cody tonight...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Hate

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 07, 2010, 11:37:11 AM

McClain

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Madman

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 07, 2010, 11:38:26 AM

I think Berry is the #2 player in the draft. I'd take Berry all day long.

Need aside, he's a better pick than McCoy.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 07, 2010, 11:38:44 AM

We pick 3rd.  McCoy will be there.  Maybe, MAYBE even Suh.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 07, 2010, 11:39:21 AM

Well then, need aside, Dez Bryant is better than Eric Berry.  Let's just draft him.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 07, 2010, 11:39:47 AM

McClain over Berry.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 07, 2010, 11:41:50 AM

Well then, need aside, Dez Bryant is better than Eric Berry.  Let's just draft him.

Yeah right. Show me one scout who has Dez Bryant ranked above Berry. 

I'd say Scouts Inc. is fairly well respected:

1. Eric Berry*    S    Tennessee    Â        97
2. Ndamukong Suh    DT    Nebraska    97
3. Gerald McCoy*    DT    Oklahoma    96
4. Joe Haden*    CB    Florida    Â                96
5. Derrick Morgan*    DE    Georgia Tech    96
6. Russell Okung    OT    Okla. State    96
7. Rolando McClain*    ILB    Alabama    96
8. Trent Williams    OT    Oklahoma    95
9. Jake Locker*    QB    Washington    95
10. C.J. Spiller    RB    Clemson    Â                95
11. Sam Bradford*    QB    Oklahoma    94
12. Earl Thomas*    S    Texas    Â        94
13. Dez Bryant*    WR    Okla. State    94

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#7 : January 07, 2010, 11:42:34 AM

mcCoy will be available by the 3rd pick, but I take Berry all day. even though the passing game starts with the pass rush we have been burnt way to many times this year. Sabby is too slow and doesnt hit hard, i believe Berry would come in and make an instant impact in the passing game just as Talib and tanard did. offenses will hesitate to throw the long ball as much and will be forced to throw  short passes underneath and with the way Quincy and geno have been playing i think we can handle those short throws no problems

bucs1

Practice Squad
#8 : January 07, 2010, 11:47:43 AM

I would go DT no matter what. If Suh or McCoy are not there, Brian Price would be my guy. Hopefully if those players aren't there, we can trade down to get Price and pick up another first round pick, maybe even to use on McClain.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 07, 2010, 11:48:07 AM

Best Player Available.

Suh > Berry > McCoy / McClain

David4ROTY

Starter

#10 : January 07, 2010, 11:48:28 AM

Good thing about Berry to, is that he played in Monte's defense.  Rah's defense is a hybrid of Monte's.  He should already be very familiar with the scheme so his game should translate a whole lot better.  I would love to have Berry and I think we can find a serviceable DT (Or two) in the 2nd and third round.  

Think about how good our secondary could be?  Talib, Berry, Jackson, and mack can stay consistant, we would have a very nice young secondary for many years.  Our biggest issue is stopping the run.  You can get "cloggers" as late picks.  If you want pressure, those are premium picks.  So, build a secondary, get cloggers, and next year, get some people that can pressure the QB.

naborhood

Second String

#11 : January 07, 2010, 11:54:52 AM

I would go DT no matter what. If Suh or McCoy are not there, Brian Price would be my guy. Hopefully if those players aren't there, we can trade down to get Price and pick up another first round pick, maybe even to use on McClain.
tell me that i'm dreaming that i'm dreaming.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#12 : January 07, 2010, 11:56:10 AM

tell me that i'm dreaming that i'm dreaming.

What do you mean by that? Is that a scenario that you would strongly oppose or welcome?

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#13 : January 07, 2010, 12:01:34 PM

And thats the difference, Berry has played for Monte so his transition would be easier in my oppinion. plus with tanard, talib, Mack im scared of, and the young LB's we have i think berry would slide right on in as one of the guys.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#14 : January 07, 2010, 12:03:15 PM

McClain.

A safety doesn't impact the run defense and pass rush enough to justify a #3 overall selection. A stud ILB, on the other hand, can be the kind of difference-maker in the front 7 that can instantly improve a defense.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Berry or McClain « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools