Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Berry or McClain « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#15 : January 07, 2010, 12:06:18 PM

Think about how good our secondary could be?  Talib, Berry, Jackson, and mack can stay consistant, we would have a very nice young secondary for many years.  Our biggest issue is stopping the run.  You can get "cloggers" as late picks.  If you want pressure, those are premium picks.  So, build a secondary, get cloggers, and next year, get some people that can pressure the QB.

The best secondary in the world is completely ineffective on a defense that doesn't pressure the passer and cannot stop the run.

You can throw pick after pick at the secondary and this defense will continue to suck until something is done about the Front 7.

David4ROTY

Starter

#16 : January 07, 2010, 12:08:24 PM

Our DLine was getting good pressure, they just couldn't stop the run.  Well not good pressure, but not really bad pressure

jwash8503

Second String
#17 : January 07, 2010, 12:08:45 PM

Been back and forth, and back again about our pick for a while now.  

What keeps coming to mind is the loooooooooooong runs given up, that Sabby was in position to make plays on but didn't.  If Berry can make those plays 95% of the time, then sign me up.  If not, give me some d-line help please!!!!  

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 07, 2010, 12:09:57 PM

I guess the question of Berry or McClain is best answered by asking who is the bigger liability? Barrett Ruud or Sabby Piscitelli?

naborhood

Second String

#19 : January 07, 2010, 12:14:10 PM

how are we going to get 2 first round picks to get both price and mcclain? only a few teams have 2 picks in the first round and none of them are in the top ten. even if we trade and get 2 1st round picks i doubt both of those guys would be available. what i would do is stay put at 3. try to get suh if he's there. if not i would take berry. i would not give up any draft picks to move up or would i give up a chance to get a great player for more draft picks when we already have 10 picks.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 07, 2010, 12:34:56 PM

Been back and forth, and back again about our pick for a while now.  

What keeps coming to mind is the loooooooooooong runs given up, that Sabby was in position to make plays on but didn't.  If Berry can make those plays 95% of the time, then sign me up.  If not, give me some d-line help please!!!!  
Berry is best against the pass. Someone like Reshad Jones is one of the better safeties against the run.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#21 : January 07, 2010, 12:38:09 PM

Suh>McCoy>McClain>Berry (In terms of Team Needs) We have GOT to stop the run next year.

Stopping the run on 1st and 2nd Down= 3rd and Long= Pass Rusher's Dream Come True

Gotta stop the run 1st.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 07, 2010, 12:40:47 PM

Okung.  Assuming that Suh and McCoy are off the board and noone shows any real interest in leapfrogging the Redskins for whomever is being considered the top quarterback in the draft.

SonnyCrockett

Starter

#23 : January 07, 2010, 12:42:20 PM

I guess the question of Berry or McClain is best answered by asking who is the bigger liability? Barrett Ruud or Sabby Piscitelli?

I don't think McClain has to replace Ruud. Ruud could move over and Quincy Black could be the odd man out.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 07, 2010, 12:45:44 PM

Those of you who don't have much interest in McClain, watch him tonight. Something about that kid that's nice.  I like the speed sideline to sideline.  He looks effortless making plays.  Good recognition and diagnosis of plays.  And not to mention he's a beast at 6 freaking 4....

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 07, 2010, 12:48:23 PM

Let's play best case worst case.

Berry -- Best Case: Ed Reed / Worst Case: Darren Sharper
McClain -- Best Case: Patrick Willis / Worst Case: Jerod Mayo

Yes, No?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#26 : January 07, 2010, 12:49:51 PM

Been back and forth, and back again about our pick for a while now. �

What keeps coming to mind is the loooooooooooong runs given up, that Sabby was in position to make plays on but didn't. �If Berry can make those plays 95% of the time, then sign me up. �If not, give me some d-line help please!!!! �
Berry is best against the pass. Someone like Reshad Jones is one of the better safeties against the run.

Why do you say Berry isn't good vs. the run?  I think he's pretty damn good at the LOS.

To answer the question of the thread, I'd be happy with either.  We're splitting hairs when talking about these two.  I think they excel equally at their position.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#27 : January 07, 2010, 12:50:40 PM

Those of you who don't have much interest in McClain, watch him tonight. Something about that kid that's nice. �I like the speed sideline to sideline. �He looks effortless making plays. �Good recognition and diagnosis of plays. �And not to mention he's a beast at 6 freaking 4....

+1
I would not be upset with this guy on our team at all. Especially if we were able to trade down and still land him!

naborhood

Second String

#28 : January 07, 2010, 01:39:34 PM

i was just talking to a dallas cowboy fan. he said he would love to have the 3rd pick and take berry. i'm sure he's not the only fan of another team that thinks berry is a stud in this draft. but with this teams fans i can feel the berry hate.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 07, 2010, 01:58:52 PM

Why do you say Berry isn't good vs. the run?  I think he's pretty damn good at the LOS.
Obviously he's been able to do more than enough at UT. It's just my personal projection based on NFL schemes and players.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Berry or McClain « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools