Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucc fans in Tampa are idiots. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #30 : March 02, 2007, 10:27:03 PM »

I don't listen and will never ever call - yes the fans here are a bunch of dumbasses - just like my father-in-law who was born and raised in Tampa who claims he's been a fan his entire life, went and bought a FRICKEN Saints jersey claiming they are his new team ... whatever.  Let all these bandwagon fans jump off the wagon - don't really care ... let them chant for www.givemiketheball.com - tired of it.  That station feeds that crap to folks here cause they love to get people all hyped up ... it equals ratings for them.  Do what I did - stop listening.

whobdis

Pro Bowler

« #31 : March 02, 2007, 10:55:49 PM »

I can't say I blame you for thinking that. The fans that call that show are never happy. They b*tch about not
having a vet bkup qb then when they try to get one they **CENSORED**. Frankly every call turns into some ridiculus Gruden bash session. Many of us just want some good info and get sick of the 'gruden sucks..yada yada'.
 I'm a relativly new Buc fan..but Plummer would be a good addition to the club. I hate to burst any bubbles but there are no Mannings or Brady's out there in FA. As for giving up a 4th round pick..has anyone looked at the Buc's 4th round picks the last 10 years? I think we all seen how important the backup qb postion is this past year.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

« #32 : March 02, 2007, 11:10:52 PM »

Blah.

Fans are very frustrated with the digression of our team, and lack of perceivable vision that would suggest probability of success.. Very little nd inconsistent "progress", if it could even be called that. I certainly don't refer to the last five seasons as progressive! lol.

Today we tried to acquire Plumber, yet bungled the transaction. Sure, it was Plumber's decision to whimp out, but the Bucs lacked communication with their dancing partner and had quite a mis-step.

So why were the fans acting out? I'm sure that there are thousands of reasons for the thousands of people. And no, I did not call. lol.
I think one reason is that fans are sick of the alleged mismanagement and lack of communication with players in the past. This being another example.
What about the fact that we would be payin Plumber 5.3 million supposably? More than Simms, totaling over ten million for our two very questionable qb's. Why the hell pay two qb's 5 mill each, when only one can play?  How about that Plumber had a good team with a great running game, and couldn't get thte job done? Or that he doesn't seem to fit the overall scheme?  .. But then again, not many do. Thoughts......?

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #33 : March 02, 2007, 11:21:29 PM »

Today we tried to acquire Plumber, yet bungled the transaction. Sure, it was Plumber's decision to whimp out, but the Bucs lacked communication with their dancing partner and had quite a mis-step.

At first I didn't think this was bad BUT once the reports showed up that we wanted to re-do Plummer's deal downward. Then that did become a whiff for the front office. They needed to know, pre-deal, that Jake was gonna accept that. forget retirement he could not report or hold out. You needed to know what he'd do when you slashed his pay. The fact that we didn't find out is a problem.

Frankly, there is no reason this couldn't have gone down a week ago so there's no reason to get to this point.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #34 : March 02, 2007, 11:24:03 PM »

Just because you turn off the radio doesn't change the fact that too darn many Bucs fans are idiots.  Its still depressing to know that I am linked with them. They really aren't idiots, but the only way I can describe it is "personality cult" fans. They are fans of personalities, player worshipers, they like the hometown pride and the beads and the yelling.  Its just the football part they don't care about.

Its like Seinfeld at the car rental counter.  He made a reservation for a car, and they didn't have the car.  The lady at the counter said "I know what a reservation is."  Senfield says "No I don't think you do. You know how to take a reservation, but you don't know how to keep the reservation.  Thats really the key part of the reservation!"  Many Bucs fans know everything about being football fans, but they really know nothing about being fans.

They have been Bucs fans since 76.  But really for them its a community spirit thing, like going out and watching your kid play soccer. You don't really give a crap what happens, you just want to be there to support your kid and be a part of the crowd.  These players like Alstott are like their kids. They are cheering for them and what happens with the team doesn't really matter.

This is the NFL. This is a team game. Its supposed to be about faceless guys all with the same uniform bashing each others heads in.  Not some popularity contest.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #35 : March 03, 2007, 12:40:57 AM »

I streamed it today at work and it is ridiculous. This chic that called herself "the babe" was on there and I wanted so bad to block about a half hour and call her stupid a$$ out on her show.

Baghead #2

wc24

Second String

« #36 : March 02, 2007, 11:26:43 PM »

what r u talkin about?
I'm streaming WDAE over the internet, and the callers I'm hearing are the dumbest asses I have ever heard.

Most of the people they allow on the air on that station are morons.� �No doubt about it.� �There are some occasional calls from intelligent people, but those people normally disagree with the host and will get cut off or hung up on.� � My favorite caller to laugh about was some black guy who sounded like mushmouth from Fat Albert.� �The guy likely had no more than a 2nd grade education, yet they allowed him on the radio all the time running his mouth about the most childish drivel I've ever heard.� �The hosts actually responded to him like he was saying something and acted like he knews what he was talking about.� �In reality, the guy was just an idiot.� �And he used to call all the time!� � I haven't listened in a long time, but I wouldnt doubt that he's still one of their main callers.� � I used to think he was retarded and they were just humoring him.   Then I realized they just liked him because he kissed their asses.   It got to where I'd turn the radio off when he called.

There's a guy who calls in from Wesley Chapel who I recognize as a caller who's been calling the various incarnations of call in shows in Tampa for the 16 years I've been here. He hasn't gotten any smarter.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #37 : March 02, 2007, 11:28:40 PM »

for one, what did you think would happen with the team at their age ... when we let players go everyone crys.  This team was bound to go through cap hell after 10 years of being a good team.   We all knew it was going to get worse before we can get better.

two, how did the Bucs bungle the transaction? prior to yesterday they couldn't even legally talk with Plummer and since he wasn't a FA we still couldn't until Broncos agreed to it.  It sounded like all was a go until [if rumors are true] he wasn't guaranteed the starting spot.  I can't see how you can put any blame on Tampa.  They tried to enhance our QB situation, whether it was as a starter or a backup and it didn't work - guess they bungled the coin flip too.  Ludicrous.

Plain and simple ... we need competition at the QB spot. We can't afford to just assume Simms will come in and be our starter.  We need a vet and NEWSFLASH there aren't a lot out there in FA.  Plummer is easily one of the top 3 choices out there.  I applaud the team for trying to make a move that potentially could only make the team better - again, whether that be as a starting role or as a backup.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #38 : March 02, 2007, 11:29:25 PM »

Just because you turn off the radio doesn't change the fact that too darn many Bucs fans are idiots.  Its still depressing to know that I am linked with them. They really aren't idiots, but the only way I can describe it is "personality cult" fans. They are fans of personalities, player worshipers, they like the hometown pride and the beads and the yelling.  Its just the football part they don't care about.

Its like Seinfeld at the car rental counter.  He made a reservation for a car, and they didn't have the car.  The lady at the counter said "I know what a reservation is."  Senfield says "No I don't think you do. You know how to take a reservation, but you don't know how to keep the reservation.  Thats really the key part of the reservation!"  Many Bucs fans know everything about being football fans, but they really know nothing about being fans.

They have been Bucs fans since 76.  But really for them its a community spirit thing, like going out and watching your kid play soccer. You don't really give a crap what happens, you just want to be there to support your kid and be a part of the crowd.  These players like Alstott are like their kids. They are cheering for them and what happens with the team doesn't really matter.

This is the NFL. This is a team game. Its supposed to be about faceless guys all with the same uniform bashing each others heads in. Not some popularity contest.
This is not all bad.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #39 : March 02, 2007, 11:48:42 PM »

Sorry but I think it's more than 1%-2% of fans. It's the area. Lots of goobers.

I'd say it's more like 30-35%.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

« #40 : March 02, 2007, 11:49:47 PM »

Whether or not you agree with them, if they are unhappy with the state of the team, and criticize the organization, I understand why. It is very frustrating right now for Buc fans.

« #41 : March 02, 2007, 11:50:32 PM »

Sorry but I think it's more than 1%-2% of fans. It's the area. Lots of goobers.

I'd say it's more like 30-35%.
I'd say 1-2% at most Rays games...;)

40-70 percent of the media is gooberlicious in Tampa / St. Pete.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

« #42 : March 02, 2007, 11:58:22 PM »

Goobers stick to things. Lets not do that. What many are suggesting is that we not blindly support the mishaps.  Instead of being Goobers, that see and think with their hearts, we can use our thoughts to analyze. Peace Brother. lol.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #43 : March 02, 2007, 11:59:45 PM »

Well, almost every call today was from a goober. Sorry but WDAE may be anti-Gruden but they'll
take calls from everybody. They may cut you off quick if you don't agree with Dumazz
but you'll still get on. So I DO think the goober base is large.

How many Bucs fans who would call into a radio show do you think are in the bay area?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #44 : March 03, 2007, 12:01:19 AM »

Plain and simple ... we need competition at the QB spot. We can't afford to just assume Simms will come in and be our starter.  We need a vet and NEWSFLASH there aren't a lot out there in FA.  Plummer is easily one of the top 3 choices out there.  I applaud the team for trying to make a move that potentially could only make the team better - again, whether that be as a starting role or as a backup.

Again, "E" for effort, "F" for outcome. This wasn't handled properly on our end. They whiffed. They didn't get all their ducks in a  row and got burned. shouldn't happen.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucc fans in Tampa are idiots. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools