Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schefter: Garcia down to Raiders or Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

: March 02, 2007, 07:40:30 PM

Schefter just said this on NFL Access. Basically, the reports of him signing with the Raiders are apparently not true. He basically said that Houston is sort of interested, but not nearly as much as TB and Oak.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 02, 2007, 07:44:10 PM

I think hes going to Oakland.. Reason since he knows he has to compete for the starting job with Chris Simms. If he goes to Oakland its guaranteed he gets the job as the starting QB

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 02, 2007, 07:46:57 PM

True, but he's also got to know that they are a good prospect to draft a franchise guy.

He's shown in Cleveland and Detroit that it's all about the $$$.

#3 : March 02, 2007, 07:47:59 PM

Garcia could easily win the starting job here...he is light years better than Grads or Simms.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 02, 2007, 07:48:46 PM

I wouldn't say easily

I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 02, 2007, 07:52:45 PM

You have to remember - these are athletes with egos. I can't believe for a second that Garcia doesn't believe he's a better QB than anybody in the Bucs' stable. And that's all that really matters.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 02, 2007, 07:54:35 PM

Garcia will most likely end up as a Raider it seems.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#7 : March 02, 2007, 08:00:35 PM

Simms won't be our starting QB if they sign a fa. Looking at how quickly they jumped on Plummer should tell you that they have no confidence in the guys they have right now. The only reason they signed Simms in the first place was to cover their asses if they couldn't acquire someone else. More and more I believe they need to draft Quinn and settle this QB carousel once and for the next 10 years.

#8 : March 02, 2007, 08:01:26 PM

the guy is using us, once again, to get the big $$ elsewhere. F*ck him!!!

Booker

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 02, 2007, 08:03:29 PM

Quinn will not end a damn thing.  He is not going to be a good NFL QB. I would much rather see Simms and Garcia

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#10 : March 02, 2007, 08:03:54 PM

What if he is using the Raiders to get more money here?

A bit disheartening, but it seems like him to do that.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 02, 2007, 08:04:04 PM

Simms won't be our starting QB if they sign a fa. Looking at how quickly they jumped on Plummer should tell you that they have no confidence in the guys they have right now. The only reason they signed Simms in the first place was to cover their asses if they couldn't acquire someone else. More and more I believe they need to draft Quinn and settle this QB carousel once and for the next 10 years.
It doesn't mean they don't have confidence in him. It means they need some competition for Chris Simms. And if he f's up they can put the vet in.

#12 : March 02, 2007, 08:06:17 PM

He's done it to us twice in the past 4 yrs. If he wanted to be a Buc, he'd be here.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#13 : March 02, 2007, 08:08:10 PM

He's done it to us twice in the past 4 yrs. If he wanted to be a Buc, he'd be here.

No, actually we didn't have the money to sign him then. It doesn't matter what team you "want" to play for sometimes. If the team doesn't have the money to meet your demands you aren't going to play for them anyways.

All I did was throw that out there. He may just be using the Raiders this time.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 02, 2007, 08:08:33 PM

Hate

The evidence seems to be pointing to that unless Garcia has a change of heart. Honestly I think Garcia wants to go back to the bay area.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schefter: Garcia down to Raiders or Bucs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools