Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schefter: Garcia down to Raiders or Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 2

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 02, 2007, 08:10:36 PM

Last time around the Bucs offered no more than $1 million in signing bonus. Cleveland gave him more than $5 million. That's a big factor for an older player, because the signing bonus is just about the only guaranteed money in many NFL contracts.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 02, 2007, 08:15:13 PM

the guy is using us, once again, to get the big $$ elsewhere. F*ck him!!!

What if he is using the Raiders to get more money here?

A bit disheartening, but it seems like him to do that.
So what its just business. I don't begrudge him looking to cash in for the last time.  The NFL can afford it.   I don't lose any respect for him trying to make a buck.  But I would lose respect for him if he actually signed with Oakland for the money.  That would be saying screw the career, and screw any chance of winning. Just give me the money.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 02, 2007, 08:22:10 PM

I wouldn't say easily

If he comes here, he'll win it pretty easily, I'd say. His experience alone will probably thrust him into the starting lineup over Simms, who will take the season to get some much-needed understudy time.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#18 : March 02, 2007, 08:25:50 PM

If we sign Garcia then I hope we draft Quinn to learn under him for a year or two. What do you think we could get for Simms in a trade next year?

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#19 : March 02, 2007, 08:27:36 PM

the guy is using us, once again, to get the big $$ elsewhere. F*ck him!!!

What if he is using the Raiders to get more money here?

A bit disheartening, but it seems like him to do that.
So what its just business. I don't begrudge him looking to cash in for the last time.  The NFL can afford it.   I don't lose any respect for him trying to make a buck.  But I would lose respect for him if he actually signed with Oakland for the money.  That would be saying screw the career, and screw any chance of winning. Just give me the money.

You're right, it's just business and I am disheartened because I don't want the Bucs to have to pay more for him.

He's done it in the past. I don't begrudge him his opportunity to do it either. I suppose I wasn't very clear.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 02, 2007, 08:28:38 PM

No to Quinn Garcia idea.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 02, 2007, 08:29:29 PM

Say no to Quinn

BucLord

Starter

#22 : March 02, 2007, 08:34:43 PM

Kinda sad if Garcia picks Oakland over us... What have we become? Are we the laughing stock of the NFL again? 5 years of good football vs 25 years of crap. And it looks like we're in for another 5 years of garbage until we get rid of Gruden. Has he drafted anybody the last 5 years that went to the pro-bowl?

Hell no!!!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

#23 : March 02, 2007, 08:35:58 PM

Kinda sad if Garcia picks Oakland over us... What have we become? Are we the laughing stock of the NFL again? 5 years of good football vs 25 years of crap. And it looks like we're in for another 5 years of garbage until we get rid of Gruden. Has he drafted anybody the last 5 years that went to the pro-bowl?

Hell no!!!!!!
Because Pro Bowls mean anything? Get a life, you're a horrible poster.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 02, 2007, 08:36:50 PM

Well he used to live in the bay area and Oakland would have been in the playoffs last year if they had a semi decent offense becuase their defense was very good.  

Buclord I think you are selling Oakland short just my two cents.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 02, 2007, 08:52:39 PM

Hell no!!!!!!
Of the three first round picks he's had in his five years here....no Pro Bowls, you're right. You know what though? One guy got Offensive Rookie of the Year as I recall, and another was very close to the same honor.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#26 : March 02, 2007, 10:40:53 PM

Well, Oakland vs Tampa.  Seems odd doesn't it?  I think he'll pick Oakland.  Garcia is from California, and he is guaranteed the starting job there.  I think he is also guaranteed to start here, but he would be on a much shorter leash, because we have a much more capable backup than Oakland.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 02, 2007, 10:48:38 PM

From PFT:

GARCIA, RAIDERS AT IMPASSE

Nancy Gay of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that the Raiders and free-agent quarterback Jeff Garcia are at impasse after several hours of negotiations.

"He's going to keep exploring his options and the Raiders will, too,'' an NFL source said Friday afternoon.

The basis for the impasse, as we see it, could be Garcia's request for a promise that the Raiders won't select JaMarcus Russell with the first overall pick in the draft.  Though Garcia turns 37 this year, he likely doesn't want to play mentor to the guy who would eventually bump him to the bench.

gone

Hall of Famer
#28 : March 02, 2007, 11:25:07 PM

Simms won't be our starting QB if they sign a fa. Looking at how quickly they jumped on Plummer should tell you that they have no confidence in the guys they have right now. The only reason they signed Simms in the first place was to cover their asses if they couldn't acquire someone else. More and more I believe they need to draft Quinn and settle this QB carousel once and for the next 10 years.
It doesn't mean they don't have confidence in him. It means they need some competition for Chris Simms. And if he f's up they can put the vet in.

The more you open your mouth the more you prove you're an idiot Fresh.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#29 : March 03, 2007, 12:20:01 AM

If we don't sign him, we are screwed if we don't get Carr.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schefter: Garcia down to Raiders or Bucs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools