Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The WHY behind the Plummer Decision « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

« #15 : March 02, 2007, 08:19:22 PM »

Anyone who thinks Lynch isn't still an elite Saftey is on crack.
You're implying he was elite to begin with.

« #16 : March 02, 2007, 08:19:47 PM »

You can't blame Lynch. Look what Gruden did to him. I am glad that Lynch is warning Plummer about this place. We don't want Plummer anyways. He throws more interceptions than touchdowns. He wouldn't be an upgrade.

Gruden didn't do anything to him, Monte Kiffin did. Lynch would have been welcome to remain, but he refused to take a backup role. Ironically, he probably would have been starting again soon after he stayed.

Plummer has thrown precisely the same number of INT's as TD's in his career.
Thread over.

psymun

Starter
« #17 : March 02, 2007, 08:21:09 PM »

Good to see Lynch isn't bitter about having his now average ass released.

Yep, 11 time pro-bowler. What a loser.

He said NOW average... Thinking that Lynch made it to the Pro Bowl on anything else other than Name Recognition would be an imprudent thought.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #18 : March 02, 2007, 08:21:27 PM »

I am glad that Lynch is warning Plummer about this place.
You are a disgrace, bucswin. What kind of fan are you?  I don't think you are really a fan. I think you should go put on your Denver jersey or whatever.  To say you are glad that somebody is badmouthing your team, and not just that you are glad to see your team negatively affected.  Then take that a step further and you will be glad to see your team lose just because you don't like the coach.  Only in Tampa Bay would any fan say that, and unfortunately you aren't the only one.   You should seriously consider finding another team.  Perhaps there is a team somewhere who likes to have traitors and turncoats on board.

buckit

Hall of Famer

« #19 : March 02, 2007, 08:24:46 PM »

You can't blame Lynch. Look what Gruden did to him. I am glad that Lynch is warning Plummer about this place. We don't want Plummer anyways. He throws more interceptions than touchdowns. He wouldn't be an upgrade.

Gruden didn't do anything to him, Monte Kiffin did. Lynch would have been welcome to remain, but he refused to take a backup role. Ironically, he probably would have been starting again soon after he stayed.

Unfortunately, that's still better than Simms 12 TD and 17 int, respectively.

And, anyone who thinks Gates wouldn't shred ANY saftey one-on-one is either nuts are doesn't know football.  Gates manned up agains any saftey is a mismatch.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #20 : March 02, 2007, 08:25:04 PM »

As for Lynch you have no idea what he said if anything to Plummer.  That has nothing to do with it. Plummer wants to play for Kubiak and he wants to be guaranteed the starting job.  Why should he fight for a job in Tampa when he is guaranteed to start in Houston?  Houston just doesn't want to cough up the 4th round pick when they are probably going to tear up his contract anyway.

Since Plummer retires as a Bronco, how much of his bonus money will he have to pay back?

« #21 : March 02, 2007, 08:26:02 PM »

And, anyone who thinks Gates wouldn't shred ANY saftey one-on-one is either nuts are doesn't know football.  Gates manned up agains any saftey is a mismatch.
But being up against a safety horrible in coverage always helps. But hey he makes pads go POP! so he's GREAT.

« #22 : March 02, 2007, 08:26:08 PM »

And, anyone who thinks Gates wouldn't shred ANY saftey one-on-one is either nuts are doesn't know football.  Gates manned up agains any saftey is a mismatch.
Lynch is not elite. He sucks in coverage, and Denver uses him as a 4th LB'er cuz he gets torched.

« #23 : March 02, 2007, 08:27:05 PM »

I don't want him at all. Never did,never will, and im glad he doesn't want the competition.

I never wanted him either

buckit

Hall of Famer

« #24 : March 02, 2007, 08:27:16 PM »

As for Lynch you have no idea what he said if anything to Plummer.  That has nothing to do with it. Plummer wants to play for Kubiak and he wants to be guaranteed the starting job.  Why should he fight for a job in Tampa when he is guaranteed to start in Houston?  Houston just doesn't want to cough up the 4th round pick when they are probably going to tear up his contract anyway.

Since Plummer retires as a Bronco, how much of his bonus money will he have to pay back?

7 Million.

And MBF, are your really saying that John Lynch was NEVER an elite Saftey?  Wow...that statement goes right up there with "Ronde Barber couldn't cover my grandmother 1 on 1"...

Dear Glazers,

Thank you,
--the fans

« #25 : March 02, 2007, 08:27:45 PM »

Elite?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #26 : March 02, 2007, 08:28:08 PM »

Well, if what has been stated is correct:

As a side rumor, it is speculated that John Lynch (Jake's good buddy) is whispering in Jake's ear about how hard Gruden is on QB's...

then Lynch is speaking the truth, not running someone down. The fact is, Gruden is ridiculously hard on QB's, far more than any other player at any other position. That's how he works.

« #27 : March 02, 2007, 08:28:31 PM »

7 Million.

And MBF, are your really saying that John Lynch was NEVER an elite Saftey?  Wow...that statement goes right up there with "Ronde Barber couldn't cover my grandmother 1 on 1"...
He was a damn good safety back in the day but now he is nowhere near that level.

buckit

Hall of Famer

« #28 : March 02, 2007, 08:28:39 PM »

Elite?

Name 5 better.

Dear Glazers,

Thank you,
--the fans

« #29 : March 02, 2007, 08:30:42 PM »

Elite?

Name 5 better.
Ed Reed, Roy Williams, Donovan Darius, Ken Hamlin, and Troy Polamalu.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The WHY behind the Plummer Decision « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools