Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raiders and Garcia reach a contract impasse, both sides appear to be moving on « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

: March 02, 2007, 08:13:09 PM

I got this link from a post at RW:

After deliberating all day Friday, the Raiders and free agent quarterback Jeff Garcia were not able to reach terms on a contract. The sides appear set to move on. Oakland had to be careful because it's not in great cap condition with Randy Moss still around. The SF Chronicle hints that one factor in Garcia's hesitancy to sign may have been the feeling that Oakland will take JaMarcus Russell with the No. 1 pick.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/03/02/SPGSTOEE2V3.DTL&feed=rss.raiders

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 02, 2007, 08:14:22 PM

DTG.....you're the man!

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#2 : March 02, 2007, 08:14:55 PM

If Garcia is hesitant about Oakland what makes Tampa any different?  The Bucs own a top five pick as well.

I do not like the vibe to this.  

#3 : March 02, 2007, 08:15:46 PM

ADW, the Bucs have been rumored to get a fancy WR...not a QB, that's the issue.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 02, 2007, 08:15:52 PM

Garcia must've gotten my email ;)

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

bucswin5540

Second String

#5 : March 02, 2007, 08:17:24 PM

Garcia is a priority for Gruden. Sign him and be competitive. Or go with who we got and get canned next year. Gruden isn't going to let Garcia get away this time.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 02, 2007, 08:19:08 PM

Why does Garcia care if a team in the top five drafts a QB or has a young QB prospect already on the team ready to take over? He has 2-3 years max left in his football career? ???

Like I said that rumor sends me bad vibes.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 02, 2007, 08:19:23 PM

Garcia will be a buc..

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

#8 : March 02, 2007, 08:20:39 PM

Why does Garcia care if a team in the top five drafts a QB or has a young QB prospect already on the team ready to take over? He has 2-3 years max left in his football career? ???

Then he has to be a 'tutor'.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#9 : March 02, 2007, 08:21:09 PM

Garcia better get his butt on the next flight down here already. The suspense over the QB situation is freaking killing me. If we don't get one we aren't going anywhere next year.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 02, 2007, 08:21:58 PM

I got news for you...he has to do the same thing here.

#11 : March 02, 2007, 08:22:25 PM

More than likely, a rookie would start sooner in Oakland as opposed to having to learn Gruden's playbook- see Grads.

bryan12112

Starter

#12 : March 02, 2007, 08:23:21 PM

You know the Raiders will be itching to get their new QB in. I'd be surprised if Garcia lasted anymore than 10 games, unless he has the Raiders in a position to get into the playoffs... which isn't too likely. That's probably why he's weary of signing with a team that will pick Russell #1 overall.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 02, 2007, 08:23:33 PM

Here as well, but not nearly to the extent he would have to be when mentoring a rookie.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#14 : March 02, 2007, 08:24:14 PM

If Garcia is leading the Raiders to the playoffs I doubt a rookie starts for the Raiders.  The Raiders defense was very, very, very good last year but their offense was sooooooo bad. :(

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raiders and Garcia reach a contract impasse, both sides appear to be moving on « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools