Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why no love for DT WIlliams from Tennessee? « previous next »
Page: 1

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
: January 09, 2010, 01:41:55 PM

Just don't see he name mentioned anywhere.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 09, 2010, 01:45:34 PM

For some reason people are all over Price all of sudden.  He too is in the mix as well and the Bucs would be in good shape to come away with any four of them.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 09, 2010, 02:56:21 PM

Williams could be a nice DT, but he's no Suh and no McCoy and I don't want to draft the 3rd rated DT at the #3 position when the #1 player at every other position is available. My preference is that if Suh and McCoy are gone, we should draft Okung to be our LT and let Penn and Trueblood fight it out to see if one of them can be come a decent RT.

Our offensive line play was sub standard last season, yet we have thrown a lot of draft choices at it in recent years. I know that drafting a OT isn't the sexy choice, but we need a franchise LT to protect our franchise QB.

Heck, I'm thinking I'm almost liking Okung OVER McCoy even if he's available.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 09, 2010, 03:12:02 PM

A lot of mocks have Williams going in the bottom of round 1 to San Diego, Pittsburgh, or another playoff team that runs the 3-4. He's kind of in the limbo where he's not good enough to target trading down for but too good to wait for the 2nd round.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

David4ROTY

Starter

#4 : January 09, 2010, 03:14:47 PM

Yeah thats the part that sucks.  I'm hoping he slips to us at 2B, might even consider 2A depending on whats available.  I think people were comparing him to Shaun Rogers when he came out

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 10, 2010, 12:16:38 AM

I could potentially see the Bucs trying to land both Berry and Williams. You would think they could both hit the ground running in TB after playing under Monte for a year under a similar system. That's gotta be worth something.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 10, 2010, 12:19:35 AM

Did Williams play the UT or NT for Monte this year?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 10, 2010, 01:21:57 AM

Did Williams play the UT or NT for Monte this year?

I believe he use to be the UT and they beefed him up and moved him to NT. His weight has been up and down since he's been in school. I think he was up to 360lbs at one point. His effort/motor has been questioned at times but he really seemed to take off his senior year under Monte's tutelage. He very seldom comes off the field.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 10, 2010, 08:54:26 AM

I believe he use to be the UT and they beefed him up and moved him to NT. His weight has been up and down since he's been in school. I think he was up to 360lbs at one point. His effort/motor has been questioned at times but he really seemed to take off his senior year under Monte's tutelage. He very seldom comes off the field.

Boy that is a lot of red flags right there about a big man with weight and motivation issues. I understand Monte got him going and, maybe, if Marinelli was here I'd say sure but right now I don't trust this staff to motivate those with motivation issues. Plus, big men with weight issues always worry me.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 10, 2010, 10:05:51 AM

Williams does not have elite pass rushing skills. He's primarily a run stuffer and a power player. Price has better quickness, penetrating ability and pass rushing skills.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 10, 2010, 10:43:03 AM

Scott,

Wasn't thinking of him in terms of him being the first DT drafted, but the second.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 10, 2010, 12:25:59 PM

I think Williams will end up in "no man's land" for the Bucs. Too high for our 2nd round pick and too low for our first pick. i.e. in that 16-24 range.

If Suh is not available, I think trading down 5-6 (adding another 2nd+ other picks) spots and getting McClain then trading up from our 2a (using our 2b or 2c) and getting a DT (Williams or Price)would be the ultimate move. Not easy or likely but that would be an awesome D.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 10, 2010, 02:38:53 PM

Agree with Galt?

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#13 : January 10, 2010, 07:31:41 PM

Just don't see he name mentioned anywhere.

Dan Williams or Alualu...just no McCoy

Looks in the dictionary under the definition of BUST sits a pic of Gerald McCoy

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why no love for DT WIlliams from Tennessee? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools