Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WR FA Marshall, Boldin or who « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#30 : January 10, 2010, 01:09:24 AM

I like Breaston, but I don't think he's a #1, and IMO, Stroughters skills are comparable. If we don't re-sign Bryant, we need a #1 WR. I'm kinda surprised that some don't see the value he brings to this team.

He did have a down year, but I can't see why he shouldn't be re-signed for a moderate, incentive laden deal. If he is a problem down the road they can ship him out. Letting him walk and then trying to find his replacement will be no easy task.

I have no problem if it's a #2 WR type deal.  I just don't think he's worth #1 money.  IMHO, the best case scenario would be a sign and trade deal for some extra draft picks, although I admit this is probably not very likely.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 10, 2010, 04:35:45 AM

Where's all the love of Bryant coming from.  He's not the same player he was in '08, and now he's shooting his mouth off.  He's certainly not worth a 9-10 million contract.  If we can sign him to a reasonable contract with incentives that he can earn, that's one thing.  I'm not willing to give him a big contract and hope he stays healthy and behaves, though.

It's not so much love of Bryant, it's the fact that there's no better unrestricted free agents out there. There's no one better without using a high draft pick whether in the draft or just a trade.

Would you seriously like to go into this season with Stovall the most experienced receiver, with Stroughter and whatever rookie we draft as the other 2 receivers?

In the situation we're in 9 million to Bryant a year wouldn't be such a bad situation if we want Freeman to have any real options to develop himself.

I don't care how much of a question mark he is, he's still less of one than any other option.

JC510

Practice Squad

#32 : January 10, 2010, 08:58:46 AM

Where's all the love of Bryant coming from.  He's not the same player he was in '08, and now he's shooting his mouth off.  He's certainly not worth a 9-10 million contract.  If we can sign him to a reasonable contract with incentives that he can earn, that's one thing.  I'm not willing to give him a big contract and hope he stays healthy and behaves, though.

It's not so much love of Bryant, it's the fact that there's no better unrestricted free agents out there. There's no one better without using a high draft pick whether in the draft or just a trade.

Would you seriously like to go into this season with Stovall the most experienced receiver, with Stroughter and whatever rookie we draft as the other 2 receivers?

In the situation we're in 9 million to Bryant a year wouldn't be such a bad situation if we want Freeman to have any real options to develop himself.

I don't care how much of a question mark he is, he's still less of one than any other option.

Just because Bryant is the most talented doesn't mean he's the best option. There's not a rule saying if you don't have your #1 WR by 2010 then you can never ever get one in the future.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 10, 2010, 11:03:20 AM

I have no problem with what Bryant has said this year.  Lets be clear, he isnt blowing up his coaches & QBs in the media like TO or Ocho Cinco.  The media gets what it wants out of him.  They stick a mike and camera in his face and ask him "Are you frustrated?" "Do you want a new contract?"  He answers truthfully.  But he doesnt personally call out his teamates or throw anyone under the bus.  I'd be frustrated too if I played on a losing team in my contract year with  my production limited by a hurt knee and a rough QB situation. 
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WR FA Marshall, Boldin or who « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools