Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 1 Buc Place? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

: March 02, 2007, 08:36:42 PM

What a great tool in recruiting Free Agents? It's so impressive, players are afraid to even come for a visit. They're intimidated. I hope Clements and Steinbach blowout some knees!!! Bastards. I'm totally confused as to how the Browns just snatch up these O-linemen on day 1 of FA???? Bentley, Schaffer now Steinbach. If they draft Joe Thomas I may have to piss on city hall next time I'm in Cleveland.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 02, 2007, 08:38:30 PM

Yeah and Cleveland has not been good for 8 years straight.. Last time they did anything was in the Kosar days..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#2 : March 02, 2007, 08:40:15 PM

They show them the mega green.

#3 : March 02, 2007, 08:40:39 PM

One thing we have over Cleveland: No staph infection

bryan12112

Starter

#4 : March 02, 2007, 08:40:57 PM

You don't have to visit to get an idea of what a team will pay you. The Bucs probably told his agent they weren't willing to pay that much, so he didn't even bother to visit.

Edit: And no matter how great your facility is, money will always be the most important thing.

#5 : March 02, 2007, 08:41:07 PM

Either spend the $$$$ or get outta the way!!!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 02, 2007, 08:42:28 PM

I think it is clear the Bucs strategy has shifted to a wait and see approach after all those players were franchised.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#7 : March 02, 2007, 08:42:41 PM

Yeah, I can't believe that players signed with teams without visiting the Bucs or any of their other options available.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 02, 2007, 08:45:02 PM

Nothing confusing about that.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 02, 2007, 08:45:26 PM

yes yes yes, we are getting punk by everyone

gone

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 02, 2007, 08:45:38 PM

There are teams that are willing to spend mega bucks cuz they are close to a title

There are teams that are willing to spend mega bucks cuz they suck so bad they need to just win a few

Both those types are due for hell in 2-3 years.

Then there are team that just got out of hell and are going to be patient and build prudently.  Don't kid yourselves, if we REALLY wanted any of the guys that got signed today, we'd have them.  We just wouldn't pay the price.

More than anything it indicates a long term approach.  With each minute we don't grab a megabuck FA I get more convinced that 07 isn't Jon's "contract year"....

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#11 : March 02, 2007, 08:46:27 PM

yes yes yes, we are getting punk by everyone
Again!!!!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#12 : March 02, 2007, 08:47:31 PM

So who's ready for a top 5 draft pick in '08?

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 02, 2007, 08:47:38 PM

I think it is clear the Bucs strategy has shifted to a wait and see approach after all those players were franchised.

I don't think thats really it. I just think they didn't want to blow their whole salary structure out of the water to pay Clements or Steinbach.   There are 32 teams out there and you can count the really good free agents on one hand.   Its too bad the Bucs couldn't hang, but neither could a lot of other teams who also had plenty of cap space.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 02, 2007, 08:48:34 PM

I don't care what the Browns do.. The Browns will be bad next year, and won't make the playoffs and they will be lose thier division..)Cincy,Baltimore,Pittsburgh) The 49ers will make the playoffs though..

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 1 Buc Place? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools